ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy @ Erwin

MHS-88

Sep 27, 2010
Should be an interesting scrimmage for Murphy. Anyone that attends tonight that could give some insight after the game, would be much appreciated.

A friend of mine there said that the defense looked really good and that the sophomores were playing really well

I'm glad the sophomores looked good, just disappointed that two of the better sophomores we have (De'Andre Hampton and Michael Carter) decided not to play this year.

Last edited:
From what I've heard they've looked better tonight than last year
I wasn't there this year, but I know Murphy had a long look at a lot of fringe players in last year's scrimmage since they pretty much knew what they had with the starters. That had a lot to do with them not necessarily looking great in last year's scrimmage.

I wasn't there this year, but I know Murphy had a long look at a lot of fringe players in last year's scrimmage since they pretty much knew what they had with the starters. That had a lot to do with them not necessarily looking great in last year's scrimmage.
I'm hearing from eye witness accounts Murphy shutout and shutdown Erwins offense. No scores allowed and put up a TD on Erwin's defense. Hard to say what Erwin really has but so far so good for the Dogs and especially the defense.

I was there and they did shut out Erwin but hardly shutdown their offense. They moved the ball all night on Murphy but kept coming up short in the redzone. The Warriors have to fix that with their schedule being so hard. If anything erwin shutdown Murphy's offense. They didn't go anywhere except one badly busted play the resulted in a td. Who knows what the score would have been had this been a real game. That's why I don't put much stock in scrimmages. I really wish these two would play a real game. Murphy will be a handful in the SMC. Good luck guys.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
I'm tellin yall for the coaches to vote murphy winning the SMC there has to be something to it. From what I've read and heard from someone who watched the scrimmage Murphy will be just fine.

On another note looks like I'll be making a couple of games this year with the job I just took here in WNC. So I'm pretty excited about that!

I don't know what to expect early on, sounds like the defense could be better this year than I expected but the offense is about where I anticipated with all the graduation losses at the skill spots. Like I've said since early on I think it will take some time for these boys to gel but ultimately this team is going to be a tough out come playoff time, regardless of regular season performance.

I'm not saying the regular season is going to go poorly but it might not quite be up to the standard Murphy fans have become accustom to the last few seasons. Hendersonville is a tough opening game and Franklin/Gilmer County are both big and physical teams that will present problems for the 'Dogs, not to mention playing Swain on the road, a place Murphy never seems to win.

I think this season is ultimately going to be a growing experience for what has the makings of a truly dominant team in 2016 and 2017. I look forward to watching their progress and hope for minimal injuries this year, not only for Murphy but the SMC as a whole.

I can go along with that. I'm not in the know as much now as I used to be, so this is where I'm going to get most of my info from those of you still around. I'm excited to hopefully see atleast the cherokee and swain game since they're close enough for me to drive. And as long as I'm not in the field working. I'm just thankful its football season once again!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT