ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy at Robbinsville

HD kid cannot play for Murphy. If a HD kid TRANSFERS to Murphy they can play for Murphy. Just like the Andrews kids roaming the halls of Robbinsville .... guess that's the "Andrews Transfer Policy". The one kid is really going to help you in wrestling, maybe you should talk about that.

By transfer you mean moves into the murphy school district?

I saw the article. It wasn’t terrible but I wouldn’t have stated it that way for the paper. It does come across on the cocky side.

Especially being 2-3 The last 5 visits to the Big Oaks.

So my co-workers had to install a piece of glass in Walshs door at his home a couple of days ago. I had to personalize it before they took it to install. I put GO DOGS with a black sharpie in the top corner. Coach Walsh took a pic and showed our secretary. He asked who did it. He laughed about it and said i got him. Its all good.

I shouldn’t have said anything about the article in the Cherokee co paper. I’m not a pot stirrer by any means. It just caught me off guard. After playing for Colvin and coaching several years for Walsh it was cultural shock. We were taught humility and to be humble because that’s the way they carry themselves. What ever happened to congratulations you were better than us tonight and good luck the rest of the way. Go luck to the bulldogs, wish we were all 100% healthy. Have a safe trip over. Go knights

Reactions: ncvol2381
I would like to chime in with regards to Andrews. Nothing but respect for the wildcats. Show me another school with less than 220 that can yearly field a team and win a few here and there. Hats off to the wildcats and their fans. Well done and congrats on making the playoffs and getting a win.

What’s Gentrys all time record in Robbinsville? Not stirring the pot just curious.

So my co-workers had to install a piece of glass in Walshs door at his home a couple of days ago. I had to personalize it before they took it to install. I put GO DOGS with a black sharpie in the top corner. Coach Walsh took a pic and showed our secretary. He asked who did it. He laughed about it and said i got him. Its all good.
He's a class act..he will never downplay another team or their fans. He has lots of friends in the Murphy/Hayesville area. Coach Walsh realizes there is life after football..He definitely has his priorities in order..seems since his daughter became ill he is a much more humble man. He's still one heck of a competitor and his players will run through a wall for him.

You are talking about a middle school transfer?
Wow.
You've got us.. a middle school wrestler that moved here.
How many on the VARSITY bulldog team outside the Murphy school district? I already know you don't have to answer that. Lol
Jayden is not a middle schooler crackhead. BK your problem is that you're good at pointing out what you call others advantages, but you fail to acknowledge your own. There's always an excuse, such as "his family was from Robbinsville" or "he was moving home". You never once own it. How about the Rattler boys from Andrews? Played at Andrews until they have a few problems then "bam" they are at Robbinsville. You need to understand that kids that switch schools all have a reason. You don't like it when it's Murphy or Swain or a charter, but it's ok when it's your school. I personally don't care who goes where, but like everyone else on here I just wish you'd shut your mouth.

Just my opinion but what separates Collins is his ability to run..He has almost 500 yds rushing,averaging over 8 yds a carry..that and 800 yds passing makes him very dangerous. He completes over 60% of his passes with a quarterback rating of 123,highest in the conference.

I can go along with that. He's a good QB and can beat you with his legs too. I believe the best passing QB in the conference is Rumfelt. I think the best running QB is Lossiah. Collins is probably the best all-around.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
I would like to chime in with regards to Andrews. Nothing but respect for the wildcats. Show me another school with less than 220 that can yearly field a team and win a few here and there. Hats off to the wildcats and their fans. Well done and congrats on making the playoffs and getting a win.
Undefeated JV season this year, they were playing some good ball at the end of the season. If they continue to work hard like they have they very well could surprise some folks in the next couple of years.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Kid, calm down. I was even talking to you.

HD district can play for murphy.

If you mean a kid can transfer from HD to Murphy and play football, then yes. Just like if a kid transferred from Andrews to Robbinsville and played football. But if you mean a kid can attend HD and play football for Murphy, then no. You cannot play a sport for a different school.

Reactions: CatDad312
I played football when Stecoah was open. The guys from Stecoah never and I mean never played football ball at Robbinsville. They were all gym rats that wanted to beat our arse in basketball. Besides you could not be enrolled at Stecoah and play at Robbinsville. I remember a guy wanted to play and he was asked to transfer to RHS he flat refused. And yes most years they beat our arse on the BB court.

Fair enough. And just the same way - you can't go to HD and play football for Murphy.

Jayden is not a middle schooler crackhead. BK your problem is that you're good at pointing out what you call others advantages, but you fail to acknowledge your own. There's always an excuse, such as "his family was from Robbinsville" or "he was moving home". You never once own it. How about the Rattler boys from Andrews? Played at Andrews until they have a few problems then "bam" they are at Robbinsville. You need to understand that kids that switch schools all have a reason. You don't like it when it's Murphy or Swain or a charter, but it's ok when it's your school. I personally don't care who goes where, but like everyone else on here I just wish you'd shut your mouth.
I think what he was saying is that he has been here since middle school, and the Rattler boys are not from Andrews. They are from Robbinsville but did play in Andrews for a couple of years.

By transfer you mean moves into the murphy school district?
No, I mean transfers, goes to the school superintendent and requests to move. A transfer. I live in Murphy now, but I lived in Ranger when I moved all of my kids to Murphy. My whole life was in Murphy, not Hiwassee Dam. The whole family would have suffered had they went to HD. No way home from practice, no way to make all of their activities. And yes, no football for my boys. No state championship track team for my girl (HD has a team and no track). And you know what, I won't apologize for it. My daughter got a D1 track scholarship because if Murphy. Kids need to realize their potential, not fall into a box that you think is appropriate. Like I said in an earlier post, we all have our reasons. It's not Gentry's doings or anyone elses at Murphy. It is family decisions. Families should make their decisions based on what is best for them, not what a keyboard warrior like you wants to gripe about.

I think what he was saying is that he has been here since middle school, and the Rattler boys are not from Andrews. They are from Robbinsville but did play in Andrews for a couple of years.
They played thee more than a couple of years. All the way through youth league, middle school and into high school. And I think we both know why they went to Rville. They still ride from Andrews to Rville every morning. But like I said,I don't care, but you guys need to quit saying it's ok for your school but not ok for everyone else.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$ and dmcamp
They played thee more than a couple of years. All the way through youth league, middle school and into high school. And I think we both know why they went to Rville. They still ride from Andrews to Rville every morning. But like I said,I don't care, but you guys need to quit saying it's ok for your school but not ok for everyone else.
I stand corrected about the Rattlers...they are from Robbinsville originally but did spend much more than a couple of years in Andrews.

I got an idea ! Let’s talk football, X’s and O’s Jimmys and joes. Instead of jabs at each other and jabs at other programs let talk about football. It’s easy to hide behind a screen name and act like we’re 10 years old. I’m sure if someone or a school was doing something wrong or illegal the state would have stepped in long ago. Just an idea.

Blah Blah Blah

I got an idea ! Let’s talk football, X’s and O’s Jimmys and joes. Instead of jabs at each other and jabs at other programs let talk about football. It’s easy to hide behind a screen name and act like we’re 10 years old. I’m sure if someone or a school was doing something wrong or illegal the state would have stepped in long ago. Just an idea.
I agree ... So shut BK up and have him stop hijacking every thread. He ruins 90% of the threads with his rhetoric.

I expect another tuff fought football game that could come down to special teams again.

You are wrong..The Rattlers played most of their youth league in Robbinsville..pee wees,termites and mites.

Reactions: BK13T-$
At least we will have a dry field

When jayden moved here he was in middle school.
Also why are the Rattler boys from andrews. They was raised here all their lives and then moved to Andrews for 3 or 4 years then moved back HOME. Tell me how that makes them "from andrews", crackhead.

Ok. Now that you girls have kissed and made up I think Special teams will favor Robbinsville. Turnovers also.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
I expect another tuff fought football game that could come down to special teams again.
Tuff I agree 100%. A lot of teams only practice special teams about 30 mins a week on Thursday but they play a big part in big games as we saw at the hill. I think the winner Friday wins special teams play and it comes down to turnovers. If my knights can rush for 200 yards as a team I like our chances at home. That’s a tall order.

I’m not sure how dry the field will be we got hammered with rain yesterday. I know the end zone at the entrance will be a little wet that end is damp in the summer

Johnny G Spot, good to see you again.
BK gets to you guys to easy, why don't you just ignore him. You are not going to win an argument with him he will never stop rambling, he's been doing it forever and I am a loyal Black Knight supporter but he makes us look bad on the boards. I wish he would shut up to and not troll every thread and make us look bad. I am just enjoying the great season that we are having and look forward to Friday night.

I’m not sure how dry the field will be we got hammered with rain yesterday. I know the end zone at the entrance will be a little wet that end is damp in the summer
Wind has been strong today and will be tonight. It will be dry Friday.

I see alot os fake ppl on here. Say one thing in every day life then get on here and say the opposite. You guys can battle for the title of king fake.
BK13T-$

Reactions: KW23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT