ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy at Robbinsville

mbdfan

Mar 17, 2007
Both teams seem to be beat up pretty bad, well I know Murphy is and it seems like Robbinsville may be as well. It's too bad because a healthy winner of this game would've rolled to the title, I'm not so sure now. I'm not saying the winner won't still win the title, but it's going to be a heavier load to get there now.

I doubt we will find out about injuries in this thread...I'm sure it's top secret

I doubt we will find out about injuries in this thread...I'm sure it's top secret
Murphy's injuries and expulsions are well documented at this point, nothing new on that front. Have a few important players that got banged up pretty good Thursday in addition to those that are already out for the year with injury or no longer on the team. Hopefully those that got banged up Thursday will be healed up good by next Friday.

Last edited:
Got to pull for Murphy in this one because if we win this week and Murphy wins, the western final would be played at Elkin.

Reactions: Cdoc73
What's his record career wise?

Walsh is 119-40 from 2,008-present.
5-12 against Murphy.
2-3 vs Murphy in the playoffs.
Ofcouse Murphy is much larger and has EC and the HD transfer policy.

Murphy and Robbinsville difference in size is about the same difference as Robbinsville/Andrews.

5-12 against Murphy.

Murphy and Robbinsville difference in size is about the same difference as Robbinsville/Andrews.

Atta boy right on que. We all needed a reminder about your feelings on Murphy.

Go Mountaineers, and for this week Bulldogs

5-12 against Murphy.

My reason for asking was because I have tons of respect for the man and agree that he does a tremendous job at a small school. Could have done without the anti-Murphy rhetoric.

News 13 had video of Anderson in an ankle boot last Friday. Hope he’s ok and gets to play. He’s a heck of a football player. Saw him his sophomore year at Mitchell.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Bk it wasn't hard to throw against our defense this year. North Surry threw for 426 ashe 365 etc etc we had no defense this year at all and were 4 and 8 but good job keep hypin QB play lol

Reactions: The Servant
Our QB over 120 rating. I dont have to hype him. We dont pass but we can. Shouldn't you be on the bball boards.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Bk it wasn't hard to throw against our defense this year. North Surry threw for 426 ashe 365 etc etc we had no defense this year at all and were 4 and 8 but good job keep hypin QB play lol
Believe it or not but Robbinsville has the best QB in the SMC.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Dee's a pretty good coach himself. 5-4 against Gentry the last 9 games.
True. But since Dee has been in Robbinsville (2003), Gentry has the overall record against him, 15-7 including this year. If someone can clarify Dee starting coaching in Robbinsville in 2003 because Citizen-times had him starting that year? If so, I pulled each season info from gobiggreen. Overall, great rivalry between the two though. Can't wait till Friday night. Hoping for an injury free night of football for both teams. Go Dogs!

Reactions: Mhsneer
2008 is when he started coaching in Robbinsville.
He did coach a couple years back in the 80s if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
2,008-present.
5-12 against Murphy.

5-12 against Murphy.

What is the HD transfer policy? Is it similar to the transfer policy when Stecoah HS was still open?

.if that was the case then it could've been an advantage to Robbinsville. Im not denying that but it was 30+years ago.

Last edited:
Nothing like you see todays advantages. Ive said that before genius.

70s and 80s was different from now. If that has to be explained then you wouldn't understand anyway.

You think the Cherokee swain transfer policy didn't play a huge factor in swains last title. Lmao

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT