ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Heritage vs Reidsville 2a Title Round 4

Somebody said something earlier about it being a Rams thing - referring to Reidsville and Havelock.
We also have Cleveland Rams and Rolesville Rams in this final 16 teams. Also three Cougars - Vance, Catholic and Mountain Heritage.

If you’re not going to the game Saturday don’t count on NFHS
On all 4 schools tonight either it hasn’t begun or temporarily felayed
This is crap. When it on, it disconnects frequently
At least the 3AA game is on WRDC in Raleigh
NFHS is not all it’s put up to be

Last edited:
If you’re not going to the game Saturday don’t count on NFHS
On all 4 schools to uh either it has begun or temporarily felayed
This is crap
At least the 3AA game is on WRDC in Raleigh
NFHS is not all it’s put up to be
Maybe if they were actually AT WORK during these games things would run smoother. They arent. And it shows.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Well, I’m not going to be at work tomorrow. Already put in about 50 hours. When you can’t sleep at night, may as well go into work. So much enthusiasm in Yancey County right now. These opportunities don’t come around that often, and the community is enjoying it. Looks like the weather will be a little nicer than 2009, our only other trip to Chapel Hill where Todd Gurley and a stout Tarboro team took us out. Man, that night was cold for Chapel Hill. I would say some of you all may have been there.

Reidsville is pretty dominate every year, just a question. Where do you get your talent from every year, is it just one or two feeder middle schools or do you guys get a lot of out of district kids. Seems like you would have a down year every once in a while. And before anyone chimes in this isn't a recruiting accusation. Legit question.

Reidsville has a great feeder program and the coaches - middle school through high school - have been steady without a lot of turnover. That's how you establish a program. A lot of former players are on the staffs.
I just saw in the Greensboro newspaper this morning that Greensboro Smith is looking for its fourth coach in four seasons - not a recipe for success.

Reidsville has also received some valuable transfers over the years - can't think of any this year - but last season Auldon Edwards transferred from Cummings for his senior year and was a two-way starter.

Reidsville is pretty dominate every year, just a question. Where do you get your talent from every year, is it just one or two feeder middle schools or do you guys get a lot of out of district kids. Seems like you would have a down year every once in a while. And before anyone chimes in this isn't a recruiting accusation. Legit question.
It’s mostly home grown, with a transfer here and there. Reggie Chestnut is a great middle school coach who does a great job at preparing the kids for the transition to play for the Rams. He runs a similar offense and defense as the high school, so when the kids go to the high school they pretty much know the high school plays. As far as the rec league its been broken up between Rec and aau/pop Warner. So it remains to be seen how it’s go affect the Rams in the future.

Last edited:
It’s mostly home grown, with a transfer here and there. Reggie Chestnut is a great middle school coach who does a great job at preparing the kids for the transition to play for the Rams. Hey runs a similar offense and defense as the high school, so when the kids go to the high school they pretty much know the high school plays. As far as the rec league its been broken up between Rec and aau/pop Warner. So it remains to be seen how it’s go affect the Rams in the future.
We don’t lose that many transfers either.

Reactions: 97Cougar
More players have left Reidsville for Rockingham County than have left another school to come to Reidsville the last few seasons.

The only difference is that no one raises a fuss about kids still living in Reidsville district that transfer to Rock Co and play immediately, but make a big deal about people that move into Reidsville's district.

It’s mostly home grown, with a transfer here and there. Reggie Chestnut is a great middle school coach who does a great job at preparing the kids for the transition to play for the Rams. Hey runs a similar offense and defense as the high school, so when the kids go to the high school they pretty much know the high school plays. As far as the rec league its been broken up between Rec and aau/pop Warner. So it remains to be seen how it’s go affect the Rams in the future.
Curious about your AAU situation. Where do they play? Is their season at the same time as rec? How much do they charge? Are there any standards for coaches, or accountability? We’re having some issues in Thomasville. Apparently, anybody who thinks he’s Nick Saban can start an AAU team.

Reactions: 97Cougar
More players have left Reidsville for Rockingham County than have left another school to come to Reidsville the last few seasons.

The only difference is that no one raises a fuss about kids still living in Reidsville district that transfer to Rock Co and play immediately, but make a big deal about people that move into Reidsville's district.
We actually lost one player to rockingham this season. I actually think he had a good chance to start somewhere on defense too.

WRH lost two of biggest,strongest players to Harrells. They were best friends and one went to run the ball and other went to support his friend. The one at RB could have been like 50 at nose tackle like on the Rams team. A pure beast. The other could have been one of the best LB's in state. Big loss. That's why I give Motsinger a lot of credit this year.

WRH lost two of biggest,strongest players to Harrells. They were best friends and one went to run the ball and other went to support his friend. The one at RB could have been like 50 at nose tackle like on the Rams team. A pure beast. The other could have been one of the best LB's in state. Big loss. That's why I give Motsinger a lot of credit this year.
that is an understatement, still having those 2 on the team would have surely helped.

Reactions: dogs79
Curious about your AAU situation. Where do they play? Is their season at the same time as rec? How much do they charge? Are there any standards for coaches, or accountability? We’re having some issues in Thomasville. Apparently, anybody who thinks he’s Nick Saban can start an AAU team.
They play on the high school game field and it is costly compared to the around 15 dollars The Rec charge. The rec went from having 4 teams to 1 team. Only time will tell how it’s go effect the Reidsville program in the future. This group of seniors are the last ones under long time Rec program director Dale Hagwood. The current aau league seems to be doing a great job and it’s to the point weather you agree with the league or not you have to support them now because it’s to the point if the aau league falls Reidsville football may fall because the Reidsville rec league has be decimated. But as long as Reggie Chestnut stay at the middle school Reidsville football will have a chance because the youth league only makes the kids football players but Reggie brings the athlete out of them and challenges them mentally with complex offensive and defensive plays

Last edited:
Reactions: Rammer16
The Reidsville Rec Department has turned into a joke concerning football. The current director has football at the bottom of his list of priorities and it is obvious he just doesn't care.

Did they transfer because they could play in the fall instead of having to wait for a spring season?

lol -Star leagues and say will kill a municipal Rec program unless you’re Greensboro, Charlotte or Metro. Then you have to battle soccer. Just telling it like it is, been there done that

I understand some of my friends have received their tickets from FEVO but all I have is a confirmation and emails saying the tickets will be forwarded before 9 am game day. Since I am leaving for Chapel Hill then, I don't know if I will have tickets or not.

Whomever made this arrangement with FEVO for the NCHSAA needs to be terminated.

I understand some of my friends have received their tickets from FEVO but all I have is a confirmation and emails saying the tickets will be forwarded before 9 am game day. Since I am leaving for Chapel Hill then, I don't know if I will have tickets or not.

The Go fan seemed to work ok. And they were ticket sponsor. Seems they would have used that ticket service.

Crossing my fingers hoping it continues to work; watching Clinton Girls play #1 Croatan. In 3rd round of soccer playoff (DarkHorses up 1-0 T half) and Havelock vs Charlotte Catholic at the same tile in 2 different windows on my computer!

Reactions: dogs79
Clinton girls beat #1 Croatan 1-0.
the football game is good too
I got the Grimskey. Cardinal Gibbons game on tv too!

Those old timers who remember Washington's John Riggins running behind that Redskins offensive line that would pull both the tackle and guard will love to watch the MH running game.

I suspect MH will run away from the side that Rams #50 Rankin lines up on. But we will see soon enough.

The Reidsville Rec Department has turned into a joke concerning football. The current director has football at the bottom of his list of priorities and it is obvious he just doesn't care.
Most rec league sports are getting hammered by the weekend travel ball. Football, baseball, basketball, soccer. Some good as far as more challenging opposition, but the kids that don't have the family or financial support or may not be prospects at a young age may be hurt. Makes the sports too serious and not fun IMHO.

Havelock looked overrated to me. They couldn't do anything right.
My take after enduring this game on TV. Dullest damn game I have seen in a long time. Two great defenses will give that impression. Havelock I believe is very good. They just dont have anybody anywhere NEAR CC's level of competition to play throughout the regular season and all the way up to the title game. And that hurts them IMO. Still, they kept the score to 14- 7 and that isnt bad at all.

CC didn't look impressive either. Ran 4 plays the whole game lol reidsville going to face a team in MH that does the same thing tomorrow.

Reactions: UNC91
I only got to see the second half on TV. So I missed all the scoring. WhoaMule, you called it dull. I loved it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To limit a team that averaged over 50 points per game to 7, that saying something. Personally I’d rather see 14 - 7 games than these crazy 49 - 45 types. I’m hoping that’s the kind of mojo Mt. Heritage can put on Reidsville. Tall order I know but I’d love to see it.

Fact24, nothing wrong with running the same play over and over, if it’s working for ya.

2012 these seniors are working at “Lil Cougar camp” coach Robinson calling each one by first name going through drills, just a few years off heritage going to the state championship. Instilling that dream of them one day doing what that 2009 team did and leading Mountain Heritage to a state championship game. That dream of one day doing the same becomes a reality tomorrow. I pray for a injury free game and that when our young men walk off that field they know they left everything they had on it. Good luck Cougars.

FEVO and an overzealous Orange County Health Dept.

Reactions: Mhsneer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT