ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy names JK Adkins new HFC

He did a great job at East. No reason he should not do well at Mt. Airy. He does have big shoes to fill.

He did a great job at East Wilkes, and will have a good amount of talent to work with at Mount Airy so he should have a good amount of success there. I am surprised they did not go with the assistant coach there, I thought he would have done a great job as well and already had a great relationship with those kids.

Wow..Hate to see him leave EW. He had such a great personality, and was super approachable. He was also a heck of a coach that garnered the respect of the kids and the program overall. He has some big shoes to fill. He also left some big shoes to fill for whomever his successor will be at EW. He is super capable of getting it done at Mt.Airy as well. Doggone it EW. You let a great one slip away. By far the best that EW has ever had.

I see EW falling off. Im already hearing rumors of at least one good player getting ready to transfer. This late in the year right before schools out..will be kind of tough to get a a new coach acclimated to new players and for them to get acclimated to his system for the upcoming season. Maybe not as hard for Coach Adkins at Mt.Airy. He has a Duke Commit in his receiving core. Maybe a lil tougher for EW..they lost one of their most athletic groups. The last four years athletically they were on par with some of the best 1a programs...and had impressive participation #'s for a 1a team.

I hope the kids and community stay together. There is still a ton off talent, at least for this year. Then there is going to be a dip for a few years. That dip was coming with our without JK. I wonder is someone from the current staff has what it takes to be the MAN. Most of those guy's are homegrown and have been on the staff for a while.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT