ADVERTISEMENT

MT Airy at Starmount

Doppleganger#

Jul 4, 2003
MT Airy should still be favored due to all the injuries. I would like to see a very competitive game for the 2 programs. Any thoughts?

Starmount game always competitive…Bears fighting injury bug right now…starter on O, starter on D…..

Reactions: skinsfan842
I'm loving it all those points Mt Airy is scoring could be the other way around I wished we did have a little stiffer competition though but you have to play who's in front of ya

I talked with #32 and #20 Friday night pregame. #32 out until close to playoffs if he stays on his leg. #20 hopes to be back this week or next. Very hopeful and upbeat in both cases.
Winning over North Stokes 13-0 does not say much for Starmount's scoring ability BUT.... I just feel that some how this game goes into 3rd before the running clock.
Has anybody got any update on QB #15? He left the game Friday night and was limping?

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Since 2004 Mount Airy is 11 and 5 against Starmount. I have the scores if wanted.
2004 Mount Airy Won
2005 Mount Airy Won
2006 Mount Airy Won
2007 Mount Airy Won
2008 Mount Airy Won
2009 Mount Airy Won
2010 Starmount Won
2011 Starmount Won
2012 Starmount Won
2013 Starmount Won
2014 Mount Airy Won
2015 Mount Airy Won
2016 Mount Airy Won
2017 Mount Airy Won
2018 Mount Airy Won
2019 Starmount Won
2020- 2021 Spring, did not play

Reactions: realjoejr
Starmount's improving and I really like their run offense but they are still a year or two away from being back to what they could be. MA should be fine here but they can't afford to be overlooking anyone, or else they could have a game like that 2011 South Stokes game. Anything's possible when a team's beat up.

But still MA by at least 21.

Can Starmount give Mount Airy their closest game ? They did win the last game played, in 2019 and didn't play in the spring of 2021. Mount Airy needs to be ready for their best game. Starmount wants to beat Mount Airy as bad as their biggest rivalry.

Mt Airy is dealing with more than physical injuries to players. I am not sure how the Coaches and School staff find the correct methods to work through what the team has to be going through. My heart goes out to all of them. Perhaps, while the game is certainly not nearly as important as the other things being dealt with, I hope maybe they can come together and find that spark of singleness, that moment of common support, to show up Friday as a unified team. Forgive me for my failure to adequately put into words the hope and support I am trying to express to each and everyone of them.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Mt Airy is dealing with more than physical injuries to players. I am not sure how the Coaches and School staff find the correct methods to work through what the team has to be going through. My heart goes out to all of them. Perhaps, while the game is certainly not nearly as important as the other things being dealt with, I hope maybe they can come together and find that spark of singleness, that moment of common support, to show up Friday as a unified team. Forgive me for my failure to adequately put into words the hope and support I am trying to express to each and everyone of them.
What other important things that are being dealt with are you referring to, enlighten me please

The Father of one of the players died last Saturday and I understand the Mother is also sick but responding to treatment fairly well. This last part is based on second or third hand information so please do not take it as fact.

The Father of one of the players died last Saturday and I understand the Mother is also sick but responding to treatment fairly well. This last part is based on second or third hand information so please do not take it as fact
The Father of one of the players died last Saturday and I understand the Mother is also sick but responding to treatment fairly well. This last part is based on second or third hand information so please do not take it as fact.
i understand that situation and praying for them as well

Final thoughts for tonight games. It would be a fun game to watch if both teams were competitive. It looks that Starmount offense has been struggling to scores points. They did score 30 points against SW Randolph. Maybe SW Randolph didn't have enough time to study film on Starmount, but what do I know. Starmount defense is not that bad. but MT Airy has too many weapons and too much speed on offense. Unless Starmount brings A game and prove me wrong. MT Airy should have their way MT Airy 49-7 Starmount. Hopefully, they want have to run the clock until the 4th quarter.

I hope you are right. I would like for MA to have to play a full game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT