ADVERTISEMENT

MPC Week 5

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
Sorry for not making a thread this past week, I had some things going on in the world. Looking forward to getting back to football.

ND vs Asheville
Oak Grove vs West Stanley
Ledford vs Providence Grove
Central Davidson vs South Stanley
Montgomery Central vs Forest Hills
Asheboro vs Wheatmore

ND
OG
PG
CD
FH
Aboro

North got a win against East Rowan, an outmanned team. Asheville has good athletes but has not been a very good team in a while. My Wife went to Aville so this will be interesting off the field for me lol.

Oak Grove is coming together nicely, and though West Stanley is usually pretty consistent I take the Grove pretty convincingly.

Ledford and PG is the most interesting game to me. I think it will be close and could go either way. PG is really hot right now.

Central Davidson will gain another 500-600 yards rushing this week.

Montgomery Central could win this week I believe, but are still going through growing pains.

Asheboro started the season well but have fallen off. I think they get back in the W column this week.

Ok…. So…

Ledford beat Providence Grove. Not really shocking to me. I figured that would be a good game.
Oak Grove shut out West Stanly. Not super surprised there. It was a great non-conference scheduling choice on both team’s part.
Asheboro lost. I don’t know anything about them… other than they are NOT good at all.
I don’t see a score for Central Davidson or Montgomery Central yet. i don’t know if either team got to play their games or not.

But Asheville absolutely murdering North Davidson. I couldn’t have called that one. North is down a bit. I think its safe to say most everyone acknowledges that. But there seems to be a problem there. I didn’t watch the game, but someone who was passively watching on the livesteam said that there were at least SIX turnovers.

North's defense not looking good at all so far this year. But I don't remember the last time we got shut out to be honest.

This is how I see the conference finishing after a few weeks in:

1- OG
2- Ledford
3- ND
4- CD
5- Asheboro
6- Mont Central

I still need to see Central D defeat a decent team before I take them as contenders. Their coach posted an interesting tweet that they basically couldn’t find anyone to play them this past Friday because teams were afraid of losing to them.
I believe north will bounce back after their loss to Asheville and will be okay.

Reactions: SCRballer
This is how I see the conference finishing after a few weeks in:

1- OG
2- Ledford
3- ND
4- CD
5- Asheboro
6- Mont Central

I still need to see Central D defeat a decent team before I take them as contenders. Their coach posted an interesting tweet that they basically couldn’t find anyone to play them this past Friday because teams were afraid of losing to them.
I believe north will bounce back after their loss to Asheville and will be okay.
That’s quite a forward thinking mindset for a coach who’s team hasn’t proved anything yet. I agree with you… they need to beat someone before I give them much credit.

If ND doesn’t figure out how to stop turning the ball over, CD might be able to squeeze by ND.

Reactions: SCRballer
North's defense not looking good at all so far this year. But I don't remember the last time we got shut out to be honest.
I don’t want to put it all on the defense. I didn’t watch the game, but it sounds like the defense was in the hole for a lot of the game… If the offense wasn’t one the field that much (and they couldn’t have been)… then the defense was worn out. Maybe they’ll be better when they don’t have to play 85% of the game.

Central will struggle once they play teams that are familiar with their offense. They are racking up yards right now but that seems to be against mediocre teams that are unfamiliar with the offense.
ND, IDK i saw them play couple times and I thought they were down a bit from previous years but nothing that would have gotten them crushed like they did.
Asheboro and MC are just bad.
Ledford turning it on. QB is playing well and I only expect him to improve as year goes on. High potential for them to beat OG and win the conference.
OG, well they are young but have a lot of potential and several playmakers. No standout players to key in on this year. Could be best game of the season 10/15/21. Ill be there for this one.

Oak Grove 27 West Stanly 0
Asheville 54 ND 0
Ledford 34 PG 14
Forest Hills 13 MC 10
Wheatmore 34 Asheboro 32
Central did not play

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT