ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Tabor @ A.C. Reynolds

Congrats to tabor on a hard fought game. More mistakes and penalties by both that I have seen in the 3rd round. Good season rockets-nothing to be ashamed of. But I would say there were a lot of unsportsmanlike activities after the game by both-high emotions, but it’s football. Neither team played 4 quarters but Weddington did. Rocket fan out-till next year. But remember-this mountain team lost by 3-not 40 like some predicted. I pick Weddington all the way after tonight.

I think ACR has more athletes than Weddington if I'm not mistaken. Saw them (Weddington) at Wake Forest (scrimmage) in August and of course both teams are better now but Tabor will hold a bigger athletic advantage over Weddington than they did ACR. Don't know schematically how it will play out but it will be interesting.

Instant Classic.

Tabor was getting the raw end during the first half with the penalties. Had me wondering a bit about the refs. Tabor had no issues moving the ball in the first half and probably should have been up a couple scores.

During the second half ACR made adjustments especially on offense. They exploited the 3 man defense that Tabor was running and decided to run the ball themselves. After two ACR scores, Tabor's coach FINALLY decided to switch up the defense and Tabor was able to stop ACR's attack.

Tabor literally gave the game up at the end with all the damn penalties. It was 4th and 3 I believe and Tabor committed not one, but two offsides penalties. After Tabor's failed 4 down attempt, I just knew it was over. Luckily ACR fumbled the ball and Tabor was able to capitalized.

Amazing game and I'm glad I made the trip even with all the rain. I like how it stopped raining with 5 minutes left in the game. I heard some jawing went on after the game, but I was too busy celebrating the the fans and the team to care.

Ready for Weddington next week.

I think ACR has more athletes than Weddington if I'm not mistaken. Saw them (Weddington) at Wake Forest (scrimmage) in August and of course both teams are better now but Tabor will hold a bigger athletic advantage over Weddington than they did ACR. Don't know schematically how it will play out but it will be interesting.

I seen them play last year and they didn't impress me at all. That was last year though and based on their schedule/results they are a better team. But so is Tabor. It'll be a good one at Bob Sapp Field.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I’m not saying it’s impossible to beat Weddington, but I truly believe they will be the 3aa state champ, they are that good. Seen them multiple times this year and I’ll take Weddington by 14. Congratulations to Mt Tabor on the win, wish we had not gave up the ball at the one yard line and again at the ten yard line, those cost us the game. Two touchdown drives for Tabor that were a combined 11 total yards. Not to mention falling down on the kickoff at the one and Tabor was able to get a safety off that also. We gave it away, but that happens, it’s football and nothing is a guarantee. Great season Rockets, heads up and be proud of what you accomplished!

Instant Classic

I heard some jawing went on after the game, but I was too busy celebrating the the fans and the team to care.

Just saw the MT Tabor video on Twitter. If you was celebrating with the team you would have been on Reynolds sidelines taunting with the 30 other players at the conclusion of the game. I’ve never witnessed a contest end without teams shaking hands until tonight. Reynolds gift wrapped a trip to regionals for you. 2 fumbles inside our 10 and fielding a kick off on our 1/2 yard line resulting in a safety. Whoop it up! Yo azz getting ready to get dusted by 21+ by that unimpressive Weddington bunch.

Reactions: proudACRdad15
Just saw the MT Tabor video on Twitter. If you was celebrating with the team you would have been on Reynolds sidelines taunting with the 30 other players at the conclusion of the game. I’ve never witnessed a contest end without teams shaking hands until tonight. Reynolds gift wrapped a trip to regionals for you. 2 fumbles inside our 10 and fielding a kick off on our 1/2 yard line resulting in a safety. Whoop it up! Yo azz getting ready to get dusted by 21+ by that unimpressive Weddington bunch.

Tell me how you really feel.

Truth.

I was at the game. One of AC Reynolds coaches pushed players who were celebrating an emotional win. Some lady tried to run one of Tabors coaches over in the parking lot. I lived in Asheville and this was just poor sportsmanship. Not to mention the refs cheated the entire game. So undisciplined is because the team was mostly black? I played in the ACC. I actually played the game. Win, lose, or draw, adults should act like adults! To say Tabor will get beat by 21 by Weddington is childish from a grown a@@ man! These are kids. What did you do in high school? If you even played. And so you know my son is on the team and I have earned degrees from predominantly white universities. That is right a Ph.D. So who is a thug? You should thank God that no one got hurt and stop getting on this forum acting like children.

Reactions: Champ_24
I was at the game. One of AC Reynolds coaches pushed players who were celebrating an emotional win. Some lady tried to run one of Tabors coaches over in the parking lot. I lived in Asheville and this was just poor sportsmanship. Not to mention the refs cheated the entire game. So undisciplined is because the team was mostly black? I played in the ACC. I actually played the game. Win, lose, or draw, adults should act like adults! To say Tabor will get beat by 21 by Weddington is childish from a grown a@@ man! These are kids. What did you do in high school? If you even played. And so you know my son is on the team and I have earned degrees from predominantly white universities. That is right a Ph.D. So who is a thug? You should thank God that no one got hurt and stop getting on this forum acting like children.
Who mentioned "undisciplined or the team being mostly black" Congrats on your PH.D and multiple degrees from predominantly white universities? Where did anyone even remotely mention "thug" Your reply, albeit PH.D acclaimed is childish. And you still gonna get that azz beat by 21 + and..... I was all conference water boy...at a predominantly black college

Instant classic game. It had everything. Playing in a steady rain almost all night. Both teams made big mistakes and big plays. Huge momentum swings in both directions. ACR was hurt by two fumbles. Tabor was hurt by a muffed kickoff return to begin the second half, untimely penalties, and some huge dropped passes—including one for a sure 50 yard score. Tabor also overcame a Pick in the endzone and And a ton of shaky penalties. So much adversity to overcome to come up with a huge victory on the road. This has been the story of Tabor’s season. Started off 1-4. Have won 9 straight. Can’t do nothin but respect it

I can’t speak to the parking lot, but I certainly saw Mt Tabor doing belly slides on the field near the ACR bench... and inside the hashes taunting our sideline. Tell me again how this exudes class? I can’t explain any actions on the field post game, but, I promise you, if the taunting and sliding on the field didn’t happen, none of the post game stuff happens. Mt Tabor was able to take advantage of miscues. That’s football. Your victory was a gift. Act like it.

Reactions: Rockets fan
tabor had 2 timeouts left at that point owen 98. like i said what game did u watch.
They called a timeout earlier in the 2nd half when they didnt have enough players on the field. The player was number 7, they then took a timeout before the 4th down play with 2 minutes left. So they had 1.

what game did u guys watch? tabor wasnt the better team at all. and acr was much faster than tabor was.they scored twice on fumbles inside our own 5 yard line. jeez. and as far as the jawing after the game are u serious? their players are all over our side of the field taunting our guys. their offense was not effective at all. we killed ourselves with turnovers. their defense was very good though.hats off to tabor. they took their breaks n scored on short yardage situations.

Tabor was the better team and anyone who watched the 13 penalties for 131 yards will tell you that's why they didn't score 2 to 3 more TDs. The refs killed every drive they had. Watched the game alot better than you guys. I had no skin in the game, so I saw the game for what it was. I thought Mount Tabors coach was foolish to do another hard count on 4th and 1 that turned into 4th and 6 then turned into 4th and 11. He could have gotten a yard and this fumble you are crying about at the end would've not been needed. Why were you inside the ten. Because of the call of a hard count instead of running a play for 1 yard. They drove the ball to that point.

When ACR gets beat at home they act like babys. When we beat them there 5 years ago and sat on the field they boohooed about that for a year. They had nothing to lose to cause a seen after the game because they are done. They tried to hurt Tabors chance to win by starting something. I will tell you what, ACR jawed the whole game and acted like thugs and gotta little payback after the game that they absolutely deserved. I never saw a celebration like Tabor did, rolling on the field etc but it was awesome and ACR couldn't take it. Poor losers

We were picked to finish last in our conference preseason and finished 3rd. Yall thought you were gonna win state all year and didnt. So play your 3rd round game. Had the weather been good you would've lost last week. ACR is overrated. Go recruit some more in the surrounding counties, maybe you can field a better team next year.

We were picked to finish last in our conference preseason and finished 3rd. Yall thought you were gonna win state all year and didnt. So play your 3rd round game. Had the weather been good you would've lost last week. ACR is overrated. Go recruit some more in the surrounding counties, maybe you can field a better team next year.

You sound jealous. Don’t like the green-eyed monster consume you.

You sound jealous. Don’t like the green-eyed monster consume you.

Not jealous but is says alot when every team in buncombe county was represented cheering for Tabor. That statement shows why people around here hate you guys. ARROGANT!!!!!!!

And its dont let. No I dont like ACR but......

Appreciate you coming to the game and supporting the Rockets with your ticket purchase! Why weren’t you at Owens 3rd round game???? Don’t cry when you get blown off the field AGAIN next year..

Me along with the other fans from WNC just wanted to make sure you could keep the lights on so everyone could see you go down.

Owen 98, I’m so sorry your life revolves around hating ACR. I guess that’s because you secretly wish you could be us. Your jealousy is obvious. You can hang your hat on that win 5 years ago but those days are long gone. Owen is a dumpster fire and there is no amount of your hating that can make that go away. I’m sorry for you.

As for the game, ACR gift wrapped that one. It was a hard fought game and congrats to Mt. Tabor on the win. All the after game stuff could have been avoided if the Tabor players just celebrated and weren’t on the ACR side taunting. I understand being happy and all that to come on the other side and flexing and jawing is unnecessary. Emotions are running high and that isn’t a good idea anytime at the end of a game like that. I don’t know about the parking lot but I did see several Tabor fans walking by the steps leading to our locker room shouting at our players and fans. You can believe that or not but that is thee truth. Deputies went over along with several administrators to disperse everyone. Anyway, I’m still very proud of this team. Go Green.

owen 98 id say in another 12 to 15 years your guys mite be able to give us a game again.im still not sure what game u watched . they should have had another 10 to 12 penalties for holding and they crackback blocked every time they ran to the corners.tabor is a very good team. take nothing away from them at all. but we gave that game away. but thats how it goes in football sometimes.also im really tickled that your so happy that acr lost.that just shows every one in green just how much its eating you people up over in the valley that every year you get trainwrecked by the rockets.and as far as recruiting goes we dont have to, good players want to play on successful programs, they come here volountarily.lol

I hated Acr when I was in school and if you care to look back, you will see who was winning back then. 97 football season and before. It hasn't changed because of the last 20 years. I have had family who played for ACR and they could tell you that. Spin it whatever way you like, that's a fact. Na na na na na na na na hey hey hey goodbye

owen 98 id say in another 12 to 15 years your guys mite be able to give us a game again.im still not sure what game u watched . they should have had another 10 to 12 penalties for holding and they crackback blocked every time they ran to the corners.tabor is a very good team. take nothing away from them at all. but we gave that game away. but thats how it goes in football sometimes.also im really tickled that your so happy that acr lost.that just shows every one in green just how much its eating you people up over in the valley that every year you get trainwrecked by the rockets.and as far as recruiting goes we dont have to, good players want to play on successful programs, they come here volountarily.lol

Just like when Flynn had all day to throw and no holds ever called on ACR ok. Just like 2 pass interference calls that should have been called vs ACR but wasnt. Say what you will but that officiating was one sided

I hated Acr when I was in school and if you care to look back, you will see who was winning back then. 97 football season and before. It hasn't changed because of the last 20 years. I have had family who played for ACR and they could tell you that. Spin it whatever way you like, that's a fact. Na na na na na na na na hey hey hey goodbye

Why do we need to look back. It’s 2018 and Owen is ACR’s little brother that we pound on once a year. Maybe you’ll get lucky and Padgett gets his wish not to play us anymore. Then you can wander around in that hole called the Swannanoa valley and talk about past years when you were decent at football. You can whine, cry and try to balm your wounds by hating on us but it will not take the fact away that Owen isn’t even a blip on the screen. It must be a sad experience to have to go to another school to watch a 3rd round playoff game because your school hasn’t sniffed one in a while.

I could care less what you think. Your perception is not a blip on my screen

Appreciate you coming to the game and supporting the Rockets with your ticket purchase! Why weren’t you at Owens 3rd round game???? Don’t cry when you get blown off the field AGAIN next year..
You guys should be thinking him, Reynolds has stolen players from owen for years.

Why do we need to look back. It’s 2018 and Owen is ACR’s little brother that we pound on once a year. Maybe you’ll get lucky and Padgett gets his wish not to play us anymore. Then you can wander around in that hole called the Swannanoa valley and talk about past years when you were decent at football. You can whine, cry and try to balm your wounds by hating on us but it will not take the fact away that Owen isn’t even a blip on the screen. It must be a sad experience to have to go to another school to watch a 3rd round playoff game because your school hasn’t sniffed one in a while.
Bro reynolds should beat owen twice as big, plus you guys recruite wnc. Not long ago owen was beating the mighty ones. Heard some of your coaches hang out at owen middle school games trying to recruit thats pathetic.

Mount tabor was lot better team, weather hurt them last night. Reynolds has been overated all season.

Yes A.C. lost-it happens and most get over it. But calling them overrated is a joke that I Hope makes YOU sleep better at night. Everyone locally hates A.C. because they get spanked every year by them. They win their conference more often than not. They have won state titles and went last year. Hate all you want but we know you can’t handle the truth. It’s ok. And the recruiting crap happens to all the public schools by private schools. Most have lost players to Christ school, mtn heritage...kids that have talent choose to go to a team where they have a chance (usually Asheville or reynolds). These schools don’t need to recruit. It’s high school not Alabama for heavens sake.

Instant Classic.

Tabor was getting the raw end during the first half with the penalties. Had me wondering a bit about the refs. Tabor had no issues moving the ball in the first half and probably should have been up a couple scores.

During the second half ACR made adjustments especially on offense. They exploited the 3 man defense that Tabor was running and decided to run the ball themselves. After two ACR scores, Tabor's coach FINALLY decided to switch up the defense and Tabor was able to stop ACR's attack.

Tabor literally gave the game up at the end with all the damn penalties. It was 4th and 3 I believe and Tabor committed not one, but two offsides penalties. After Tabor's failed 4 down attempt, I just knew it was over. Luckily ACR fumbled the ball and Tabor was able to capitalized.

Amazing game and I'm glad I made the trip even with all the rain. I like how it stopped raining with 5 minutes left in the game. I heard some jawing went on after the game, but I was too busy celebrating the the fans and the team to care.

Forsyth Co. Football in business right now!!

Congrats Tabor!!! Get it done next week! You guys keep making them shake their heads!

It's shameful you all have to play Ledford. Then I guess it's not. That will be the hottest ticket in the state next Friday. Couldn't have wrote it better than you all having to beat a rival to get to States. If I wasn't supporting family at EF next Friday I'd be there.

The build up and atmosphere for that one will be otherworldly. Put some respect on Triad football this year.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
It's shameful you all have to play Ledford. Then I guess it's not. That will be the hottest ticket in the state next Friday. Couldn't have wrote it better than you all having to beat a rival to get to States. If I wasn't supporting family at EF next Friday I'd be there.

The build up and atmosphere for that one will be otherworldly. Put some respect on Triad football this year.

That was the perception of the bracket from the beginning, that it was a three team race including SWE until we beat em last night. This is ledfords best team in history, not counting chickens but I am confident. We gave em the game last time, if we do our thing our way it should be a different story this time..
Jmo.

I seen them play last year and they didn't impress me at all. That was last year though and based on their schedule/results they are a better team. But so is Tabor. It'll be a good one at Bob Sapp Field.
Be prepared to be unimpressed when we get off the bus, when we warm up laugh. You’ll look bigger faster and of course more “Athletic “. That’ll change after kick off I promise...... and if you commit over 100 yds in penalties good luck . We had 0 on the road last night.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Yes A.C. lost-it happens and most get over it. But calling them overrated is a joke that I Hope makes YOU sleep better at night. Everyone locally hates A.C. because they get spanked every year by them. They win their conference more often than not. They have won state titles and went last year. Hate all you want but we know you can’t handle the truth. It’s ok. And the recruiting crap happens to all the public schools by private schools. Most have lost players to Christ school, mtn heritage...kids that have talent choose to go to a team where they have a chance (usually Asheville or reynolds). These schools don’t need to recruit. It’s high school not Alabama for heavens sake.
Bro the reynolds pipe line will slow down now. Christ school is the big boy in town now.

1997 Ken White, 2003 Shane Harper transferred to ACR from Owen, Owen won both games. Bull crap on the transfer excuse

Be prepared to be unimpressed when we get off the bus, when we warm up laugh. You’ll look bigger faster and of course more “Athletic “. That’ll change after kick off I promise...... and if you commit over 100 yds in penalties good luck . We had 0 on the road last night.
Yea Weddington is a machine. Incredibly smart and everybody plays their role. I’d be shocked if tabor didn't lose by double digits

I can tell you're getting a bit defensive by your post so let me clarify my comments.

When I seen Weddington play CC last year, I thought it would have been a much better game. It wasn't. It was a blowout. I'm just saying Weddington didn't impress me like I thought they would. With that being said, you guys are a lot better this year than last year. I think if Tabor wins it will be earned and they will have to play lights out. Better?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT