ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Tabor @ A.C. Reynolds

Our non conference was Brevard hendo Franklin Acr and Enka. Not a bad schedule. In fact one of toughest of all 2a football try again. Your schedule had Shelby. That's it
We made it to state last year and 3rd rd this year with the same schedule as usual (maybe a couple different teams (pisgah/Tuscola). If your good, the other team doesn’t matter. Even Asheville played a team in Tennessee to get challenged.

We made it to state last year and 3rd rd this year with the same schedule as usual (maybe a couple different teams (pisgah/Tuscola). If your good, the other team doesn’t matter. Even Asheville played a team in Tennessee to get challenged.

What is your point? You said we needed to step up and play someone. I showed you we do. You played 1 team we played 4 good teams.

Bro are you serious asheville got beat by frankin and hend lol. The pipeline is slowly down ,christ school is loading up. The mac is the weakest 3a conf in the state its pathetic. The best 3a teams this season were all small 3a catholic, crest,kingsmtn, and hunter huss would all kill reynolds .

Bro are you serious asheville got beat by frankin and hend lol. The pipeline is slowly down ,christ school is loading up. The mac is the weakest 3a conf in the state its pathetic. The best 3a teams this season were all small 3a catholic, crest,kingsmtn, and hunter huss would all kill reynolds .

Well you would be wrong, but that seems to be a recurring them.

Last edited:
Are you trying to convince yourself cuz I’m not buying your crazy rationalization of why you are the resident genius. Funny though

Reactions: 1SWO1
What is your point? You said we needed to step up and play someone. I showed you we do. You played 1 team we played 4 good teams.
You showed me the same schedule as I showed you...it doesnt matter who they are. My point is specific: Win the games you play and then you get to go to the YOUR playoffs-not visit another team that does make it. And then claim everybody hates them. All you have proved is that you can use google. Everything else you and ol bud can throw is ridiculous. You have literally talked yourself in circles and made no sense all day-except to ol bud lol. Maybe you two could get coaching jobs at Owen or Christ school and fix the problems you 2 think exist. I know that would increase our shrinking pipeline.

Reactions: 1SWO1
You showed no schedule. You are the one who makes no sense. Like I said before we exceeded expectations for this season since we were picked last in the WHC. You guys were overrated as a title contender and fell short of expectations, albeit unrealistic ones.

We were in the playoffs by the way. What proves I can use Google? You are absolutely a moron. Get a hobby dude

We were in the playoffs by the way. What proves I can use Google? You are absolutely a moron. Get a hobby dude
Love you too and always feel free to visit during our playoffs. Even though you hate us, you will always have a voice with ol bud. I think I may have been a little hard on ya if you believe you exceeded expectations this year. You were 4-7 overall. Really? Reidsville spanked y’all in the 1st round 49-13. Were they cheating? One of your wins was to Polk, who got beat last night 3rd round. So are they cheating now? See the picture?? For us to lose by 3 points in the 3rd round made us a contender- and you know it but would rather spout ridiculous nonsense about nothing. Move on-this thread has nothing to do with Owen anyway. And gracefully I will say my support is with Weddington now that A.C. got beat. They played hard but deserved to be there. There will be a next year...and a next. Get used to it.

Reactions: 1SWO1 and GG4BAMA
Once again as an casual observer with no real rooting interest, It was an interesting game in the first and 4th quarters because that's when a lot of the action took place....The way the Rockets started the game had me thinking a blow out until Mount Tabor promptly drove back down the field and tied the score....I thought we were in for a shootout until the rain started, and didn't stop until late in the game....That miscue on the kickoff which did result in a safety, did impact the game, but there were several big plays in the game that could have changed the outcome, both ways....The blocked FG by the Spartans was a big play as was the roughing he punter penalty called on the Rockets, and it was earned...Another was the dropped Spartan TD pass that was perfectly thrown in a driving rain which also impacted the outcome....I thought the coaching decision to go for a first down with the Rockets near midfield was a risky decision, but I can understand it because the Spartan offense was hard to corral even in bad weather...The thing that hasn't been mentioned here yet is the fact that the nose tackle for the Spartans basically stuffed the run up the middle for most of the night after that Rocket first possession, but he was not in the game when RB Patterson made the long TD run in the 2nd half....He was returning from the dressing room to which I thought that he maybe had been sick or something as a reason he didn't play on several possessions in the 2nd half?....He was double-teamed a lot in the first half by the Rockets, but he seemed to be an unmovable object for the most part which made it virtually impossible for the Rockets to run up the middle with him in the game....Was impressed by the Spartans overall team speed especially the QB #10 and RB #25, and felt the Spartan Coaching staff did a good job of getting both those guys in space where they could use their atheleticism....Did not understand why the Patterson kid was not featured more by the Rockets after that first series because he is a real talent as evidenced by what he did later in the 2nd half, and was really the reason A.C.Reynolds was in the game because the man-to-man coverage by the Spartans' secondary was outstanding all night long against the pass....Also thought that the Rockets' defense did all they could do to win the game....Hard to ask a defense that has just stopped a team on downs inside the 10yd line late in the game to do that again after the fumble, but they almost did, but that #10 for Mount Tabor was bound and determined to get that final yard on 4th and goal, and he did to clinch the first ever win for the Spartans against the Rockets, and advance to the Western Final....

Always enjoy High School football as a casual observer!

I'm sure that Mount Tabor will be the underdog against Weddington, but they've got some players on that team, and you just never know with the game being played in front of the home folk what kinda impact that will have with the Spartan players?

on the fourth down thing coach laws called a timeout and the 25 second clock hadn't started . thought we might go to the line and try and get them to jump but calling the timeout probably left about 30 seconds on the clock .i wish we had let it run down to 1 second and call then time out then. one other thing when acr went up by 4 kicking the pat was worthless a 4 point lead is same as 5 point lead at that point in the game make a 2 you're up 6 and even if they get a td they still have to kick it to win. iffy in weather like friday

Last edited:
I guess some ACR baby asked that everything get deleted. There was much more on this thread. Oh well

you mean the acr baby that played in the third round? lol ejoy your gloating over our loss.it happens.we will get over it and move on.and we will be back .

The title of this thread hasn’t been discussed in a long time.

It is time to move on or discuss ACR vs. MT.
You pretty good bout picking and choosing which threads you pay attention to and which you don't...either treat every thread and every poster the same or dont throw your two cents in..come on ..theres many many many cases of marginal or inappropriate post that yall never touch..if you wanna be police go get a badge

You pretty good bout picking and choosing which threads you pay attention to and which you don't...either treat every thread and every poster the same or dont throw your two cents in..come on ..theres many many many cases of marginal or inappropriate post that yall never touch..if you wanna be police go get a badge

There are many many posts indeed, and the mods can't get all of them. How many mods do we even have anymore? This thread has definitely run its course, imo...

Man was this a sloppy one! I don't think it can be described any other way. The weather was sloppy, the Rockets were sloppy, the Spartans were sloppy, the Zebras were sloppy. Just like the week before, how much better would this game have been had it not been for the cloud lubrication?

I feel like the Rockets were the better team but in the 3rd round of the playoffs where being "better" can be a small margin, it's sometimes just who makes less mistakes. The Spartans did what they had to do to pull off a win and the Rockets did what they had to do to lose a close playoff game.

There were many opportunities for both teams to take control of the game and neither could "get a good grip" no matter how hard they tried. The two fumbles inside their own 10 were killers for the Rockets. The missed opportunities after the fumble recovery to start the second half and the 4th and 1 are two key points that stand out to me. The stop inside the 10 at the end of the game was something state championship runs are built on. But doing it twice against a strong running attack...next to impossible.

The Spartans had opportunities to extend the lead a few times but a lack of real offensive scheme seemed to limit them at times. The Rockets dedicated themselves to stopping the run in the second half and for the most part did well, but the extremely short field made it a near impossibility. The big throw to the tight end late in the game and the blocked field goal were huge. The Spartan defense was the real deal. There were no guys that just dominated. It was a good solid defense that was tough up front and quick in the secondary.

The end of the game was ugly on both ends. 18 year old emotions and testosterone are hard to control even in the most calm of situations. Fortunately it did not escalate too far.

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT