ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Tabor @ A.C. Reynolds

Tigertown_a_Rick

Jul 29, 2001
This was the matchup that a lot of folk expected last year, but Sun Valley spoiled the party until this year....

Don't know a whole lot about this Spartan team other than the fact that I've read where they've won several games in a row now, so they are obviously playing their best football of the season....

Tell us something that we don't know Spartan fans, and give us the lowdown on this Mount Tabor team?

As for A.C. Reynolds, the Rockets are hard to beat at home, and have a veteran QB who has been there and done that, having played in the state title game last year, so he's used to the big stage which is a bonus this time of year....The Rockets had one of their RBs hurt for a portion of the season, but I believe that he is back now?

As most know, the Rocket defense is pretty stout, but can they hold up against a power rushing attack such as the Spartans have?

How well will Mount Tabor be able to defend the pass, and put pressure on Flinn?

Both schools have a lot of tradition, and I'm wondering if this is the first ever meeting between Mount Tabor and A.C. Reynolds?

Weather may or may not be a factor this friday, but I don't think it's suppose to be as dreadful as last friday's weather was?

Good luck to the Rockets!

As it stands right now, the forecast for Friday is as good as you can possibly get for late November. The polar opposite of last week

This is actually the third matchup alltime between these two programs, the last being a 9-7 ACR quarterfinal victory in the 2009 4A playoffs. ACR went on to win the whole thing that year.

This year Tabor got off to a slow start (1-4) vs a really tough schedule. Since then the Spartans have reeled off 8 straight victories in impressive fashion including blowouts of Dudley and previously unbeaten Parkland. The key to their win streak has been the improved play of a huge offensive line and an opportunistic defense that gets pressure and causes turnovers. Tabor QB/CB Jaquan Albright is the fuel that makes the engine go. Simply put he’s one of the very best players in the state. Has four 200- plus yard rushing games and is a lockdown defender at corner. Last week vs Erwin he had two picks including a 105-yard pick six that changed the momentum of the game.

This should be a great matchup in the mountain. Glad the weather forecast is looking good

They beat Parkland by 40 didn't they? Table is a solid team. Watauga played them when Hunter Furr was there in 2008. Played at UNC. I believe Tabor is almost always in the hunt this late in the year, kinda like Reynolds.

Should be an interesting matchup. I know Tabors 1-4 start had some brutal games, I believe 3 of their losses were to teams still in the playoffs.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
This is actually the third matchup alltime between these two programs, the last being a 9-7 ACR quarterfinal victory in the 2009 4A playoffs. ACR went on to win the whole thing that year.

This year Tabor got off to a slow start (1-4) vs a really tough schedule. Since then the Spartans have reeled off 8 straight victories in impressive fashion including blowouts of Dudley and previously unbeaten Parkland. The key to their win streak has been the improved play of a huge offensive line and an opportunistic defense that gets pressure and causes turnovers. Tabor QB/CB Jaquan Albright is the fuel that makes the engine go. Simply put he’s one of the very best players in the state. Has four 200- plus yard rushing games and is a lockdown defender at corner. Last week vs Erwin he had two picks including a 105-yard pick six that changed the momentum of the game.

This should be a great matchup in the mountain. Glad the weather forecast is looking good
I thought Muse was the qb

I can appreciate when folks talk about this player or that player....or our team has this kid who is best in the state. SV had Howell and the rockets won 2 years straight. A.C. has several playmakers. They have a lot of talent and depth and just play hard the entire game. They adapt very well as last week showed. But I will say they make a lot of mistakes. My point is that by the 3rd round, all teams are there for a reason. My opinion is that this will be a tight game of 7 or less and the least mistakes will win. 28-21 ACR. Who wants it the most? Be there Friday as it will be a good one!

I’m definitely anticipating a close game. Will come down to minimizing mistakes and taking advantage of opportunities. Big time players on both sides. ACR is Understandably the favorite. They are at home. Loaded on offense. One thing I know about Tabor from watching them over the years—they will show up and fight till the last whistle

Here are what I think may determine the outcome of this game....

ACR
1. Keep Alex Flinn clean in the pocket and maybe roll him out a little
2. Find ways to get the playmakers the ball
3. Tackle better
4. Have an effective running game
5. Find ways to get a push on defense

Mount Tabor
1. Put pressure on Flinn
2. Run the ball well
3. Must be able to tackle in space
4. Cover well in the passing game

Both

Avoid turnovers

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
We (East Forsyth) played them about the 3rd game of the year. They're always athletic (team speed) and are very well coached.

We kept them on the schedule although they went 3A. They beat us last year. They're more than capable of playing with just about any 4A program as we know you all are too.

I expect this to be one of the better games in the state on Friday.

Either way-the winner has Watauga or Weddington. Any comments on either of these? Limited film on both is impressive.

Muse was the QB when Mt Tabor played North Davidson in their season opener (ND won 21-0)

From what I hear, they adjusted and went in a different direction later in the season.

Muse made North’s excellent defense look extra excellent in that game. Not sure if it was jitters or what.

Muse was the QB when Mt Tabor played North Davidson in their season opener (ND won 21-0)

From what I hear, they adjusted and went in a different direction later in the season.

Muse made North’s excellent defense look extra excellent in that game. Not sure if it was jitters or what.
No kidding so muse isn’t the starter now. Didn’t know that

I wouldn’t mind a reunion with either the Neers or the Warriors. That would mean we’re in the regional final with a chance to punch our ticket to the ship! Our current task at hand is a tall order. Spartans made the shift and put Albright at QB and have been on a roll! Erwin held him to 34 yards rushing. If we can keep him under a 100 and win the turnover battle I like our chances. ACR by 7

i think this is going to be a close game as well. if they are a running team that has caused us some problems. we will definitely be throwing it a lot this friday.i think its goin to boil down to who stops the other teams strengths the best.

. Spartans made the shift and put Albright at QB and have been on a roll! Erwin held him to 34 yards rushing.
Erwin held him to 34 yards rushing? Did he not get a lot of carries? I think even the Erwin fans would admit their defense is horrible. That’s surprising.

Erwin held him to 34 yards rushing? Did he not get a lot of carries? I think even the Erwin fans would admit their defense is horrible. That’s surprising.
Well he did have 3 interceptions with about 150 return yards.... he’s a pretty good CB too

I wouldn’t mind a reunion with either the Neers or the Warriors. That would mean we’re in the regional final with a chance to punch our ticket to the ship! Our current task at hand is a tall order. Spartans made the shift and put Albright at QB and have been on a roll! Erwin held him to 34 yards rushing. If we can keep him under a 100 and win the turnover battle I like our chances. ACR by 7

Erwin did not "hold" him to 34 rushing yards. Tabor went in a different direction that game. I watched the game, he could have ran all over then defense if he wanted too. I guess the coach just wanted to open up the playbook a bit.

According to gobiggreen.net, A.C. has played tabor 3 times and won all 3. Looking at some clips, I think our D will shut down the run. Speed on both sides for sure. Watch for penalties and turnovers in this one. If Flynn has any time he is dangerous...but he likes to run too.

ACR will be ready for anything. Anyone thinking this “mountain” team has no talent, speed or depth-it’s going to be a long ride back home

we hear that a lot every year. once the playoffs start most of the eastern posters start picking against acr cause were supposedly slow and untalented.i doubt were the fastest team in the state but as far as team speed goes id say we are as fast as anybody in the 3aa brackets.i like our chances friday night. im sure mt tabor will bring all they got and play hard. trust me so will acr. should be a very competetive game. lets hope for a dry windless friday night and let the best team win. hoping for an injury free game as well. go green

I think it was 37-14 reynolds over Asheville high in week 7 so I would say that they might have made some adjustments from our scrimmage loss by 3. Come watch a great game Friday in the 3rd round. Win or lose, nobody in the 3rd round sucks.

Reactions: proudACRdad15
I think it was 37-14 reynolds over Asheville high in week 7 so I would say that they might have made some adjustments from our scrimmage loss by 3. Come watch a great game Friday in the 3rd round. Win or lose, nobody in the 3rd round sucks.

I don’t think he means it like Reynolds is a bad team. More like you suck because you are daddy in Wnc right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT