ADVERTISEMENT

mount pleasant vs Owen

Owen 35 Mount Pleasant 14. Most people think that because we are in mountains we are slow and full team speed is not blazing but we have very quick and fast players in a lot of spots. We are really not slow anywhere. Our line is very quick and our skill guys are fast. One thing associated with Mtn teams is physicality and we do have that. We don't have a ton of depth but we have 11 that can play with anyone.

MP plays a tough schedule. They are the only team to beat Monroe and the played Concord tight. So, they are not an easy out.

Well Owen didn't lose and they beat Reynolds who beat South Point who just ousted Concord. The thing is we aren't Concord or Monroe....We Are Owen!

We beat Mount last year in the 1st round 13-0 and we returned almost our whole team. We returned every yd of O and almost the entire D. I am not saying we can't be beat but it will take a huge effort on there part.

I'm a fan of Owen and have been since I seen the Gardner kid run, but I was looking at your resume and noticed a three point win against Hendersonville, I'm not questioning your teams ability but did Owen just have a bad game?

Owen is on a roll. And Gardner is a beast. Looked up Mt Pleasant (not just stereotyped them) and they look like a very good team. But I think Owen is still to much. Good luck Warhorses

We were about to go up by 17 with just a few minutes left and fumbled inside there 15 and they returned it for a TD to cut it to 3 but they were really a bad matchup with the passing game at the time because of injuries but we are healthy now.

Mt Pleasant is good but I think overrated. Take # 20 out of the equation and Owen wins hands down

Take # 20 out of the equation and Owen wins hands down.

I am sure there is a kid who plays for you and the same thing can be said for Owen. All of this if we fumbled and we had 4 starters out, etc. is nothing more than excuses. At least one time on here I would like to hear someone say that they actually oout played us and we were lucky to win the game instead of making all of these excuses.

It don't really matter what you want child. We don't always get what we want. Oh and you were the one trying to talk about who they beat etc. I was just letting you know.

This post was edited on 11/24 4:58 AM by owen98

If you take #20 away from MP they have 1900 yds of O. If you take #5 away from Owen we have 2511 yds of O. Owen would have 41 TDs without #5 and MP would have 27 without #20. I said that to say this. Our supporting cast is a little better Ram.

pulling for Owen in this one but the only worry I have with them is I believe Owen will have to jump out to a decent lead and then play solid defense....if you play Shelby (or Reidsville),they will have have fresh legs on defense and offense where I saw a lot of your guys play both ways with not many substitutions...

Owen's cupcake schedule and bracket gets a little tougher this week, but not near as tough as its about to.
wink.r191677.gif

#1 seed is suppose to have a easier road. That's why I don't believe those tough non conference schedules are worth it.

Originally posted by owen98:
#1 seed is suppose to have a easier road. That's why I don't believe those tough non conference schedules are worth it.
Owen 98, in all honesty I have respect for the Warhorses. Y'all at times have given Shelby all they wanted especially that year you came down with a losing record and we almost choked in the first round. That was pitiful on our part! I can't figure this Mount Pleasant team out they almost lose to East Rutherford, but yet they beat Monroe?? Going to be close imo. I'm going to go with Owen 28 Mt Pleasant 24. Btw where is your RB leaning? I would like to see him at UVA.

Originally posted by HitmanT:
Owen's cupcake schedule and bracket gets a little tougher this week, but not near as tough as its about to.
wink.r191677.gif
Love the confidence! Wish we were all like this!

I'm not sure where he is going. I don't think he knows. He may have a couple more offers coming. He had like 4 or 5 visits this month. I just want him to do what is best for him. Picking a school is a huge decision.

It don't really matter what you want child.
We don't always get what we want. Oh and you were the one trying to talk
about who they beat etc. I was just letting you know.

First of all I am not a child. I am probably older than you.

Tomorrow we get it on! I can't wait till game time. Playing for the right to play for the western championship.

Originally posted by owen98:
Tomorrow we get it on! I can't wait till game time. Playing for the right to play for the western championship.
Owen98, do you remember the last time the Warhorses played in the regional. I'm going off memory, only, but could it have been 2003 ? For some reason I was thinking Bandys played Pisgah for the regionals in 2002 and maybe Owen in 2003. I was at both games.

I believe in 2002 against Pisgah there were several inches of snow and ice earlier that week around here and Bandys did a good job clearing their field. The game was played on Saturday night. Also at that game the stadium was packed. I sat on Pisgah's side and a little girl came down through the crowd carrying a chicken. I hadn't seen that before.

At the Owen game the Horses had the lead early but would come up short. Both sides were packed at that one.

This post was edited on 11/27 12:01 PM by Lincolnton

The last and only time we played the regional final was 1991. Lost to Thomasville and they won state. We played Bandys in the 3rd round in 1996 and 2002.

This post was edited on 11/27 12:12 PM by owen98

In 2002 Bandys had a big wr they threw 3 TDs too and they beat us 18-12. Wind was awful that night. Pisgah upset Charlotte Catholic in the third round and lost to Bandys in the regional final.

This post was edited on 11/27 12:17 PM by owen98

That 2002 game @Bandys was one of the coldest I remember. I seem to remember Owen driving late to tie or take the lead and Bandys stripping Marcus Myers and recovering the ball. That was a tough loss.

This post was edited on 11/27 12:49 PM by Horsepower08

OK, thanks for straightening me out, 98. So it was Pisgah and Owen in the same year, 2002, when I saw them...Good luck, Friday. My guess is things will be much tougher but I believe Owen has what it takes to advance and play the winner of Reidsville and Shelby.

PS You might have seen this but here is a link of Mt.Pleasant and Parkwood.

Mt.Pleasant Vs Parkwood

And? My original reply was to Woody 85 which had nothing to do with anything you said, but you chose to speak for him.

This post was edited on 11/27 1:04 PM by No.1RamsFan

This post was edited on 11/27 1:06 PM by No.1RamsFan

No that was to me cause I spoke to our injuries in the Hendo game and you said I wish yada yada so I said we didn't always get what we want. All I heard last year was the ram fans saying they were banged up vs the lions so.....

My bad then but when he wants to whine like a child I will call him one. No matter. No matter age.

I also pull for the Reidsville Rams. You have never heard me whine about anything. Where did that come from? Where did I ever say I wanted anything? You are apparently very confused. The fact is it does not matter who beats who or how many injuries a team has. All that matters is who wins the game. If you perceive this fact as whining then call it what you wish. I call it the facts.

This post was edited on 11/27 9:32 PM by No.1RamsFan

This post was edited on 11/27 10:04 PM by No.1RamsFan

This post was edited on 11/27 10:08 PM by No.1RamsFan

Tiger fans are excited about making the trip up to Black Mountain tomorrow. Different year hoping for different out come! Go Tigers!

Da, ya ochen' rud za tgry Mount Pleasant, chtoby igrat' ie porazheniye voyny kohi Owen. Epa Warhorses, kazhetsya, borot'sya gluboko iv plye fo, kogda hona dostigayut prevosk hodya shchego protvnika. Yni nikogda ne delali yego nimo regounal'nogo tura nyt bly tan y 98 Ouine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT