ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy's Spring 2021 Football Schedule As Posted on School Website.

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC
UpDated Mount Airy's Spring 2021 Football Schedule From School Website.

Feb. 20 - Sat. N. Surry Scrimmage - Home- TBD

Feb. 26 - North Iredell -- Home - 7:30
Mar. 5 - Pisgah -- Home - 7:30

--------Conference Below---------------
Mar. 12 - North Stokes --Away - 7:30
Mar. 19 - South Stokes -- Home - 7:30
Mar. 26 - WSPrep -- Home - 7:30
Apr. 1 - Bishop -- Away - 7:30

Apr. 9 - East Surry -- Home - 7:30

Last edited:
Pisgah at Mount Airy. Now that should be an interesting game. Especially sence it's at Mount Airy.
Does anybody know if these two teams have ever played each other in the past.

Reactions: realjoejr
Pisgah played Mount Airy in 68-69 and in playoffs in 72.Pisgah won 2 and lost one.
Coming from Mount Airy going I-77 then I-40 past Hickery can the football field be seen from the Hwy going to the school. Myself the photographer and a Sportswriter came down that way in the 1990s to play or scrimmage or play a non-conference game at a school near Canton. Seems like where we parked, I think we walked under a small tunnel or arch to get to the field. I do remember it was a warm night, probably September.

Last edited:
Coming from Mount Airy going I-77 then I-40 past Hickery can the football field be seen from the Hwy going to the school. Myself the photographer and a Sportswriter came down that way in the 1990s to play or scrimmage or play a non-conference game at a school near Canton. Seems like where we parked, I think we walked under a small tunnel or arch to get to the field. I do remember it was a warm night, probably September.
Yeah that could be Pisgah .You probably parked in front of the Middle school and walked in on visitor side .

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Pisgah played Mount Airy in 68-69 and in playoffs in 72.Pisgah won 2 and lost one.
Well, you are 100% correct on this statement according to The Mount Airy News. Could Pisgah have played North Surry any time in the 1990s early-season non-conference, The Mount Airy News may have been there to cover 2A North Surry who is also from Mount Airy ? I can remember coming that way, either went through Canton to another school or to Pisgah. This really puzzles me. LOL... Anyway, this is Mount Airy's spring schedule with their win and loses records against each of the 7 they play this 2021 short season and a team they don't play and have played every year since the school started in 1959.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if MT Airy will play Reidsville in fall of 2021? These 2 programs should play each other for years to come.

Well, you are 100% correct on this statement according to The Mount Airy News. Could Pisgah have played North Surry any time in the 1990s early-season non-conference, The Mount Airy News may have been there to cover 2A North Surry who is also from Mount Airy ? I can remember coming that way, either went through Canton to another school or to Pisgah. This really puzzles me. LOL... Anyway, this is Mount Airy's spring schedule with their win and loses records against each of the 7 they play this 2021 short season and a team they don't play and have played every year since the school started in 1959.
Pisgah played North Surry at Canton in 93 ,Bears won 21-7

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Ok, That's the one we came to. I knew I had been there in the 1990s.
We came to cover that game.
The Mount Airy News covered 3 of the county schools, East Surry, Mount Airy & North Surry all 3, 10 miles apart with Elkin being 30 miles from Mount Airy in the South Western part of the county about 5 or 6 miles from East Wilkes. The Elkin Tribune News covered Elkin and their surrounding schools with all 4 county schools covered by a newspaper owned by the same parent company.

Last edited:
Yeah we played Pisgah in 1993 for Endowment; we ditched a 2nd scrimmage for it. Us, Forbush, and West Wilkes were the only schools from the best I could find that had one that year. That was the inaugural year for endowment games. The next year the state made it mandatory and made the season 11 games. We played SE Guilford in 1994, East Forsyth in 1995, and AL Brown in 1996 for endowment. Being a 3A then made it smart to schedule then lol.

Funny story we badly wanted to play Forbush for the opener in 1993; we were the two best teams in the area in 1992 as they won the Northwest and we beat MA and Starmount that year, and it would have been smart business at the gate. We scrimmaged in 1991 and 1992 but for some odd reason they refused and scheduled West Henderson. What a missed opportunity that was..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT