ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy vs MICS

#6 Smith deservers a monster ata-boy. He has carried a sub pare MA team on his back all year. He would be a steel for any next level team that plays on Saturdays. With that said even with the young line up I don't see MA being a threat. Possibly 3rd best team in county behind ES & NS.

no one thinks North Surry is good, except for North Surry. They have had 1 “good” year in the last 15, and by “good” I mean that they were above average. They are the school in the county who consistently under performs and gets out coached.

no one thinks North Surry is good, except for North Surry. They have had 1 “good” year in the last 15, and by “good” I mean that they were above average. They are the school in the county who consistently under performs and gets out coached.
How did this turn into a NS conversation. Why don't you mention ES. All I said is that MA will be WAYYYYY> down compared to the previous seasons. Tell me who replaces the Smith combo's. Tell me who replaces Hill . MA just will not have the talent. A homeless naked man that finished his 2nd bottle of Boones Farm Apple Wine could have won games at MA with the talent they have had for the last few years. Talent thinned out and gone. MA will win locally but a lot of early exits in a watered down 1a / first round bye at with a entry 8 and 3 record.( Come on now) On paper MA wins a first round playoff against a winless team named BYE...….
Personally I don't care much for NS. But I also think they do the most with the less talent. Seems to be very well coached. They gave MA all they wanted even when MA had the better play makers. I also think they might have the best coaching staff locally and if they gets some Dudes will be very competitive . (Compared to all the Surry Co. teams) BTW what could have happened if C. Smith stayed at NS??????????????? Also I wouldn't put Elkin down, they are still playing and MA getting ready for basketball.. You get a chance maybe you can go watch ES or Elkin play Friday. You'll have a hard time finding the MA game. Go to WSYD or WPAQ Friday night and listen to the MA GAME !!!!!!!!!!! Might be the quietest radio station in town...

Reactions: BigRedFan27
How did this turn into a NS conversation. Why don't you mention ES. All I said is that MA will be WAYYYYY> down compared to the previous seasons. Tell me who replaces the Smith combo's. Tell me who replaces Hill . MA just will not have the talent. A homeless naked man that finished his 2nd bottle of Boones Farm Apple Wine could have won games at MA with the talent they have had for the last few years. Talent thinned out and gone. MA will win locally but a lot of early exits in a watered down 1a / first round bye at with a entry 8 and 3 record.( Come on now) On paper MA wins a first round playoff against a winless team named BYE...….
Personally I don't care much for NS. But I also think they do the most with the less talent. Seems to be very well coached. They gave MA all they wanted even when MA had the better play makers. I also think they might have the best coaching staff locally and if they gets some Dudes will be very competitive . (Compared to all the Surry Co. teams) BTW what could have happened if C. Smith stayed at NS??????????????? Also I wouldn't put Elkin down, they are still playing and MA getting ready for basketball.. You get a chance maybe you can go watch ES or Elkin play Friday. You'll have a hard time finding the MA game. Go to WSYD or WPAQ Friday night and listen to the MA GAME !!!!!!!!!!! Might be the quietest radio station in town...
WSYD is never quit on Friday nights but come Tuesday if in past years they both will be covering the North Surry vs.Mount Airy Basketball game and all MA's Basketball games. ;)

I just realized something. You stated that NO ONE thinks NS is good exept NS. Sure sounds like MA. All MA fans thought ( thought as in past tense) they we're good. No body thinks MA is good now... . It will be the same next year. You'll get whipped by double digits by East..And I predict NS will slam the door on you guys. Hopefully if all goes well you might be able to take SC in double OT. ( I'll take Central)Or may not...I'm predicting that MA goes 500 against N. Stokes, S. Stokes (Love Dave), WS Preps and BG. Should be some real barn burners.....Bottom Line MA average at best this year with the best running back in the area can't win a 2nd round game ( Mr. Bye got them through he first round) Mr. ncballsmeller04 who carries them next year??? Smith's nope their gone. Coaching ??????? Good luck to you clowns... I'm sure the excuse train will come rolling in.....

The 2020 Granite Bears will dominate the NW next year....no doubt ...as well as compete in the playoffs BIGTIME...mark my words. Sure we have some talented kids leaving this season...7 or so seniors... however you're sleeping on the returning talent. MA is far from thinning out and gone as you say.... you have no idea. Coach and his staff know what they've got and will have the squad more than ready. Who will carry the team you ask.... just remember a few names... Poindexter, Deaton, Moore, Penn, Nance to name a few...with returning bulls up front. Everybody better start preparing NOW!

The 2020 Granite Bears will dominate the NW next year....no doubt ...as well as compete in the playoffs BIGTIME...mark my words. Sure we have some talented kids leaving this season...7 or so seniors... however you're sleeping on the returning talent. MA is far from thinning out and gone as you say.... you have no idea. Coach and his staff know what they've got and will have the squad more than ready. Who will carry the team you ask.... just remember a few names... Poindexter, Deaton, Moore, Penn, Nance to name a few...with returning bulls up front. Everybody better start preparing NOW!
Good to see someone knows we have a good returning team. First-year in a good while I have no idea what is going on in Bear Football next year. Of course, the Bears always come through by a tradition that has gone for many years. (Go BEARS !) :);)

North Surry has beat Mount Airy once sense 2001. In 2006 they won 27-26. Big win in 19 years for a 2A team over a 1A team.The record now stands at Mount Airy 41-19 -1 in the history of playing sense i think 1963 NS became a highschool consolidating Bullah, Franklin and I think Flatrock highschools. BEARS Rule !

The only guy that stands in my mind is Poindexter and I refuse to mention his name because of his circumstances. The rest????????? If you was saying Greene, Smith, Hill, Shelton, Brown I would be concerned.. Bulls ??????? Yea right !! Dominate the NW. Yea Right. A watered down 1a conference . ES will demolish MA. at least you can brag about finishing 2nd. If I was MA I would be focusing on beating N. Stokes or Bishop. Both of those games are doable for MA's next year team.

Good to see someone knows we have a good returning team. First-year in a good while I have no idea what is going on in Bear Football next year. Of course, the Bears always come through by a tradition that has gone for many years. (Go BEARS !) :);)
The mighty Bears will come through next year. All they need to do is get past their first round payoff game. If the can win the Bye game they should be ok.

The only guy that stands in my mind is Poindexter and I refuse to mention his name because of his circumstances. The rest????????? If you was saying Greene, Smith, Hill, Shelton, Brown I would be concerned.. Bulls ??????? Yea right !! Dominate the NW. Yea Right. A watered down 1a conference . ES will demolish MA. at least you can brag about finishing 2nd. If I was MA I would be focusing on beating N. Stokes or Bishop. Both of those games are doable for MA's next year team.
All in your dreams ! :)

Camron Moore comes in a 3rd generation of record breakers at Mount Airy. His Grandpa, Joe Ray Moore 1970s , his son Anthony Moore 1990s and now his son Camron Moore, next year, to carry on a family tradition.

Camron Moore comes in a 3rd generation of record breakers at Mount Airy. His Grandpa, Joe Ray Moore 1970s , his son Anthony Moore 1990s and now his son Camron Moore, next year, to carry on a family tradition.
I know all about Joe Ray and Anthony. Cameron is NO Joe Ray or Anthony>>>>>

Next year will tell. A Tribute to Jonathan Smith by MA Bears Historian, A senior with a record-breaking career to follower this year. Next year is Camron Moore's and a few more.

EKPPqFPWsAA6rhP

Last edited:
Reactions: granitebear4life
Up and coming Bears Tradition continues !

Big shoes to fill regarding that Moore family tradition in the backfield at MA. As TD-FridayNight said, we had a great Senior player in J.Smith this year! Smith did his job well and consistently. He earned his snaps and worked hard for every accomplishment, congrats to him on an outstanding career!!! Next year the void has to be filled. We didn't see a lot of action from other RBs this season as Smith carried the load...however...I did see and read that C.Moore was consistent in his back up role showing much upside. Guidance from Joe Ray and Anthony this off-season I expect will contribute positively to his Senior campaign...I'm sure that kids been waiting for his shot. Regardless, it takes a squad to succeed the way they're going to do it next year... Not just 1 player...with all the players we have returning and staff....2020 is going to be BIG! 100%.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Mount Airy and East Surry will both have 0 problems with North Surry next year. North Surry is not very talented and lacks quality coaching.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Mount Airy and East Surry will both have 0 problems with North Surry next year. North Surry is not very talented and lacks quality coaching.
I like doing my research and MA will have problems with the entire schedule. East will stack up as much as they want to.. If I was MA I would be trying to scheme a way to get past Surry Central. That's a game they might can win.

Congrats to Mr. Jonathan Smith. This young man has been a real warrior for his time at MA. He deserves a lot of credit for MA success. There's a school out there that will get a real deal steal in this young man. Just wished he had been advertised more???????

Reactions: sbbbfan
Glad MA will have quality next year. That song and dance about what you didnt have this year was played out over and over like a badly scratched record!!

Are you saying MA has quality coaching. Hang on. Just a minute please...... (I'm trying to get the tears out of my eyes). Sorry ncballsmeller04 but I'll have to go with NS staff on that one. Stood on the fence Friday night and listened to the MA faithful totally SLEDGE HAMMER (that's the big hammer) MA's coaching staff.

I wish nothing but the best for MA next year. I'll be cheering them on while the're trying to come back against N. Stokes and Bishop. Should be some tight games against those guys...

East loses alot this year....MA JV beat them and won conference with most the underclassmen playing on varcity. ES loses 18 seniors and 3 D1 kids......I wouldn't be so cocky.......MA has alot of talent left that is young and good talent on the way just ask your middle school team that lost to MA 53-0...GO Bears!

Heart pump must be some of the 89 N faithful who can't ever get past the first round of the playoffs
How did MA do with their first round game. They where very fortunate to have beaten the Bye team in round one. I actually had MA in that one by a couple of points.

How has North done in all there first round games. I'm not knocking North but facts are facts Bears beat them in 2020 and complete for the conference championship

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
How has North done in all there first round games. I'm not knocking North but facts are facts Bears beat them in 2020 and complete for the conference championship
Why are you worried about NS? I would worry about ES if was you. I would still be pulling for ES if Coach D was still there.BTW how did ya'll do against ES last year in the play offs. And in the future if MA plays Bye in the first round don't be surprised if MA gets beat.. Bye has way to much talent and bettered coached...

Oh trust me I'm not worried about NS nor East for that matter we will get Win over East shortly I think if I'm not mistaken it was brought up in this forum first maybe by you

Maybe quality was the wrong word. A few MA posters spent the year bashing the coach, instead of enjoying MA football. I really think that if East Surry wasn't the juggernaut that they are this year, then some of the MA posters wouldn't seem so beaten up and humbled. MA was viewed as a Lil Brother this year to East Surry.
Quality?????????????????? We're talking football not soccer.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Oh trust me I'm not worried about NS nor East for that matter we will get Win over East shortly I think if I'm not mistaken it was brought up in this forum first maybe by you
You ain't getting a win over East anytime soon. Not gonna happen. Get used to being what BluePint said. MA will continue to be East's Lil Brother.

You ain't getting a win over East anytime soon. Not gonna happen. Get used to being what BluePint said. MA will continue to be East's Lil Brother.
Hey BluePint.. Seen your post on the ES vs MIC. How can you say something to the NS faithful about ES whipping them when East nearly dropped 60 on you guys. Just saying.

LoL..what do you mean nearly 60...they had 57 at halftime on us...i support EW... Im just knockin NS because with that size of school and being near Mt.Airy...they should be better. EW fields good teams once a decade..they have great feeder programs..but unfortunately it doesn't translate to high school for the most part in Ronda. Girls athletics do fairly well..but as far as men's programs....I dont remember a competitive basketball team with a winning record since Justin Call and Luke Samples were there in the late 90s early 2k's. So no i didn't have much room to talk...but you know how i do it....LOL!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
LoL..what do you mean nearly 60...they had 57 at halftime on us...i support EW... Im just knockin NS because with that size of school and being near Mt.Airy...they should be better. EW fields good teams once a decade..they have great feeder programs..but unfortunately it doesn't translate to high school for the most part in Ronda. Girls athletics do fairly well..but as far as men's programs....I dont remember a competitive basketball team with a winning record since Justin Call and Luke Samples were there in the late 90s early 2k's. So no i didn't have much room to talk...but you know how i do it....LOL!!
Pint size you know your a MA fan. I can tell by the all the excuses and how great MA will be next year. Outside of ES in the county I pull for you guys. I just hope next year MA can make it in a watered down 1 a play off. If the state lets 4 + teams from the NW1a in you guys have a chance. Yea Baby!! Not sure MA can get past that talented BYE team though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT