ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy vs MICS

Not really, they've only met post season once, in 2011 3rd round. SMC teams give Mitchell fits, I think the Mountaineers would be a dangerous matchup for the Cards.
Best of luck till you get to Surry Co. but sorry I have to stick with our conference. Mitchell will probably give East Surry the best game in the west unless Mount Airy knocks off ES.... LOL ;)... had to give ES an elbow.

Not really, they've only met post season once, in 2011 3rd round. SMC teams give Mitchell fits, I think the Mountaineers would be a dangerous matchup for the Cards.
I agree that Mitchell may be able to give the cardinals defense some trouble stopping a strong run game. However I think the cardinals offense will give Mitchell’s defense nightmares. From what I’ve seen Mitchell has 1 DB that can somewhat matchup skill depth will make the cardinals unstoppable in this game however. I don’t see enough athletes in Mitchell’s secondary to match up with 4-5 wideouts that are the level of the cardinals.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I agree that Mitchell may be able to give the cardinals defense some trouble stopping a strong run game. However I think the cardinals offense will give Mitchell’s defense nightmares. From what I’ve seen Mitchell has 1 DB that can somewhat matchup skill depth will make the cardinals unstoppable in this game however. I don’t see enough athletes in Mitchell’s secondary to match up with 4-5 wideouts that are the level of the cardinals.
Never mind me I’m just taking in all the disrespect. 8 teams left and y’all speaking as if it’s just y’all.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1

I would argue that Mitchell's strength this year is their secondary. Typically at least for the last decade or so Mitchell matches up well with teams that throw the ball a lot ( Hendersonville), but have struggled with teams that can match them physically and run it right at you ( Heritage, Murphy). Mitchell's secondary has 2 guys that are 4 year starters in the secondary beginning with the very first game of their freshman season in Pitman and McKinney and both are probably the most athletic kids on the team. The other two starters in the secondary are 2 year starters and Phillips has actually probably been even better in the secondary this year than the first 2 I mentioned, leads the team in interceptions. Pitman is actually close to having the school record for career interceptions. Now size may actually give them more trouble than speed against East Surry as 3 out of the 4 are probably under 6 foot. I just hope we can actually make it to East Surry and be a worthy opponent once we get there, but we've got a real challenge to even get there with Polk and Swain first. I would feel thankful just to get there.

I would argue that Mitchell's strength this year is their secondary. Typically at least for the last decade or so Mitchell matches up well with teams that throw the ball a lot ( Hendersonville), but have struggled with teams that can match them physically and run it right at you ( Heritage, Murphy). Mitchell's secondary has 2 guys that are 4 year starters in the secondary beginning with the very first game of their freshman season in Pitman and McKinney and both are probably the most athletic kids on the team. The other two starters in the secondary are 2 year starters and Phillips has actually probably been even better in the secondary this year than the first 2 I mentioned, leads the team in interceptions. Pitman is actually close to having the school record for career interceptions. Now size may actually give them more trouble than speed against East Surry as 3 out of the 4 are probably under 6 foot. I just hope we can actually make it to East Surry and be a worthy opponent once we get there, but we've got a real challenge to even get there with Polk and Swain first. I would feel thankful just to get there.
It may be a strength against most of the schools you have played but I will guarantee that you have not seen a passing attack in the mountains that is even half of the test that you will get if you see the Cardinals being able to cover 2-3 receivers in a run based offense well and being able to cover 4-5 in a pass happy offense with 3 WRs and a QB committed to power 5 programs and another WR with an offer is a much taller task. Like I said that will be where Mitchell gets burnt the worst is attempting to match up with the receivers of the cardinals.

Also the Cardinals have over 2x as many passing yards as Hendersonville who also only complete 50% of their passes. The cardinals complete 75+% not a good measuring stick at all. ABR comparison is 56.7 to 148.2 do not come into pilot expecting anything remotely close to Hendersonville.

Also the Cardinals have over 2x as many passing yards as Hendersonville who also only complete 50% of their passes. The cardinals complete 75+% not a good measuring stick at all. ABR comparison is 56.7 to 148.2 do not come into pilot expecting anything remotely close to Hendersonville.

We didnt play Hendersonville this year or the last several years, I was just giving them as an example of how Mitchell has done better against those type teams than against smashmouth teams over the last decade. Hendersonville was not very good by their standards this year but Mitchell was usually the one team that could beat them year in and year out when they were having one and two loss seasons. We definitely have not seen a passing attack like the cards have this year, but I'm just saying the secondary for Mitchell is a strength. Mitchell did shut down the 2 pass happy offenses they played this year in 3a Erwin and Avery, but believe me I know those teams do not even compare to what East Surry brings to the table. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Cotton candy sweet as gold, get in Mount Airy by lunch and you can get you a world-famous pork chop sandwich at Snappy Lunch. They are open from 6 am to 2 pm. Then you can go back and say you got beat in Mayberry but got to eat a pork chop sandwich. Who knows, you may see Barnie eating lunch at Snappy Lunch. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Swain97

we have to get out of the second rd.

Cotton candy sweet as gold, get in Mount Airy by lunch and you can get you a world-famous pork chop sandwich at Snappy Lunch. They are open from 6 am to 2 pm. Then you can go back and say you got beat in Mayberry but got to eat a pork chop sandwich. Who knows, you may see Barnie eating lunch at Snappy Lunch. ;)

That pork chop sandwich is no joke. Gotta eat some history for sure. I also learned last year that those Siamese twins in the Guinness Book of World Records are buried close to there.

Reactions: sbbbfan
That pork chop sandwich is no joke. Gotta eat some history for sure. I also learned last year that those Siamese twins in the Guinness Book of World Records are buried close to there.
Yes, they are buried just outside the city limits. If you are old enough to remember Donna Fargo, she is from here and last I heard she had moved back to her or close to her old homeplace. I actually live a couple of blocks from Andy Griffith's homeplace downtown.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Mount Airy over MIC by 2 or more TDs. Anymore predictions ?
I got a prediction that MA coaching staff. Will be praying for a running clock. My score prediction Mics alot MA alittle. The days of Donovan Greene are behind you. Put up or shut up time. ES tried to highjack this tread because no one cares. About anything there doing a reschedule for worms. Man it’s 30 degrees we speaking about worms lol. Fear is seeking in doubt. Exposure is among you will those so called offers still stand. When the city boys lay hands on you

Reactions: KW23
I got a prediction that MA coaching staff. Will be praying for a running clock. My score prediction Mics alot MA alittle. The days of Donovan Greene are behind you. Put up or shut up time. ES tried to highjack this tread because no one cares. About anything there doing a reschedule for worms. Man it’s 30 degrees we speaking about worms lol. Fear is seeking in doubt. Exposure is among you will those so called offers still stand. When the city boys lay hands on you
Those East Surry kids are ranked just as high as your stud running back. Wanna talk about routes on air in reference to the competition then WTH has that kid been running against all year you play in the weakest conference in the damn state. LOL

The measuring stick would've been 3A Erwin, who are a pass heavy spread team from Asheville, who most years have way more athletes than East Surry. Unfortunately for Mitchell, Erwin was way down this year.

those wideouts will be tough to cover es state championship to lose really

Really tho. All that height, and a line that goes for days... They should beat everybody in the east by 21, and Tarboro by 14.
East down fall is their run d. And Tarborough runs runs runs.
Buzz is exactly right I do think the Cardinals can score with Tarboro stopping them enough to win by 14 will be an issue. I don’t see it happening. Last team with the ball will probably win that one.

Reactions: buzzcoach
You're not Cotton Candy, you are a Fruit Cake full of a lot of nuts for a brain !

Buzz is exactly right I do think the Cardinals can score with Tarboro stopping them enough to win by 14 will be an issue. I don’t see it happening. Last team with the ball will probably win that one.

Mitchell is a horrible run team. So is swain. Probably can’t keep it close to es

Offensively not passing is our specialty and we can pound the ball with the best of them. So no problem there. We should be able to move the ball 3-4 yards per play and play keep away. We are used to running vs 9 in the box every play. We would have to do a better job with penalties as that would put us behind in the sticks.

Maybe not so much sarcasm...i listened to the Swain vs Robinsville game online..and the defense seemed pretty awful.

Can you hear the foot steps? Weezz coming Mt. Airy be careful what you ask for. Barney Fife can’t save you with that 1bullet in gun. A gang of Ernest T Bass ‘s is coming to take over your field tomorrow night.

Can you hear the foot steps? Weezz coming Mt. Airy be careful what you ask for. Barney Fife can’t save you with that 1bullet in gun. A gang of Ernest T Bass ‘s is coming to take over your field tomorrow night.
No glass for Ernest T Bass to break on Mount Airy's field, only Granite Rock to bounce his rocks off of . LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat10fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT