ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy vs MICS

LoL..what do you mean nearly 60...they had 57 at halftime on us...i support EW... Im just knockin NS because with that size of school and being near Mt.Airy...they should be better. EW fields good teams once a decade..they have great feeder programs..but unfortunately it doesn't translate to high school for the most part in Ronda. Girls athletics do fairly well..but as far as men's programs....I dont remember a competitive basketball team with a winning record since Justin Call and Luke Samples were there in the late 90s early 2k's. So no i didn't have much room to talk...but you know how i do it....LOL!!

Always been amazing to me how East has success in middle but it rarely translates to success at the high school.

LOL...maybe you have me confused..i bash all the MA posters that had excuses...all year...EW had a great coach in JK...MA has done nothing but whine since he's been there!!! And as far as MA being good next year...comb through any and all of my posts and find any that has me saying that. I don't know a single player in the MA program. They do have a great program..but they had to play as LIL BROTHER.THIS YEAR.FOR SURE!!!! I'm sure that definitely didnt sit well with them.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
LOL...maybe you have me confused..i bash all the MA posters that had excuses...all year...EW had a great coach in JK...MA has done nothing but whine since he's been there!!! And as far as MA being good next year...comb through any and all of my posts and find any that has me saying that. I don't know a single player in the MA program. They do have a great program..but they had to play as LIL BROTHER.THIS YEAR.FOR SURE!!!! I'm sure that definitely didnt sit well with them.

Spoiled man. Give them 2-3 years and listen to the praise they will be singing.

Meanwhile how cool would it be in coaches could show up at the work of their critics and put them on full blast?

Last edited:
Spoiled man. Give them 2-3 years and listen to the praise they will be singing.
Meanwhile how cool would it be in coaches could show up at the work of their critics and put them on full blast?
( I've Heard The NWC Called Weak To Many Times) Only the bottom teams that are getting better in the next few years. ... South Stokes, North Stokes, and WSPrep are getting better. Watch out, the NWC may dominate in a year or so. Keep in mind I am saying just a good chance
Mark my word, Mount Airy will be a force to deal with next year and back on top by the next year. It is a tradition at Mount Airy to be a Football School and they have been for off and on over 100 years. Sure they have not won as many State Championships as some, but they have dominated the conference and won more playoff games than all the conference members through all the conference realignments. Some of us have been keeping up for more years than a lot have been alive. Never count Mount Airy out......... More Conference championships even when the conference was tougher. You want to call it a week conference then after East Surry makes the State Champions game this year, it will make 3 years the (Weak) NWC has played for the State Championship and won the west. So call the NWC weak but you all are weaker ! ! The NWC plays it pretty smart like say the SMC in playing a tough non-conference along with 1 or 2 strong conference games, then uses the weaker bottom teams to glide through the season getting ready for our best representative to go deep in the playoffs. Mount Airy took out the SMC in 2017 & 2018 and MA made the State finals in 2017 and East Surry did it in 2018 and probably this year. So you can only call the bottom of the NWC weak and the top 2 greater than most teams in the last few years. Everyone else is just playing catchup so far.
clear.png
clear.png
clear.png
clear.png

;):););)

Last edited:
Mark my word, Mount Airy will be a force to deal with next year and back on top by the next year. It is a tradition at Mount Airy to be a Football School and they have been for off and on over 100 years. Sure they have not won as many State Championships as some, but they have dominated the conference and won more playoff games than all the conference members through all the conference realignments. Some of us have been keeping up for more years than a lot have been alive. Never count Mount Airy out......... More Conference championships even when the conference was tougher. You want to call it a week conference then after East Surry makes the State Champions game this year, it will make 3 years the (Weak) NWC has played for the State Championship and won the west. So call the NWC weak but you all are weaker ! ! The NWC plays it pretty smart like say the SMC in playing a tough non-conference along with 1 or 2 strong conference games, then uses the weaker bottom teams to glid through the season getting ready for our best representive to go deep in the playoffs. Mount Airy took out the SMC in 2017 & 2018 and and MA made the State finals in 2017 and East Surry did it in 2018 and probably this year. So you can only call the bottom of the NWC weak and the top 2 greater than most teams in the last few years. Everyone else is jus playing catchup so far. :);););)

The SMC is top heavy just like every other conference in 1A. After the top 3 the rest are mediocre at best. To be honest WSP or South Stokes either one could have competed for 4th place in the SMC. I'm still mindblown Prep put up 44 on Murphy.

As for Mt Airy they'll be back. Even the best in 1A are going to have a down or mediocre year.

No team in the NWC 1A, MVC 1A-2A or WPC 2A has as good a long term record as Mount Airy in the last 100 years. Look back for yourselves. Mount Airy, a Football Tradition & Football School...... We'll be back next year or the year after, count on it ! !
This is to all the Mount Airy, East Surry wannabes ! ! LOL :););););):rolleyes:

Last edited:
No team in the NWC 1A, MVC 1A-2A or WPC 2A has as good a long term record as Mount Airy in the last 100 years. Look back for yourselves. Mount Airy, a Football Tradition & Football School...... We'll be back next year or the year after, count on it ! !
This is to all the Mount Airy, East Surry wannabes ! ! LOL :););););):rolleyes:[/QUote
It's not MA's or ES's fault but in the last several years from these 2 teams down they hit the Lottery. It will always be MA and ES playing for a watered down conference title .O"yea MA will be back next year beating the same old weak conference rivals and putting up some gaudy stats. Then the playoffs start and BYE will blow them out. Should be close though..

this was about as good as it was gonna get this year for Bears...had chance to win vs MIC but didn’t....rode #6 to 8 victories (he leaves as one of the best to ever wear the colors)...only 8 seniors... next year 9....gonna be a few slow years and I can live with that...got 2 good classes coming...real good...will not be long that we are back in the conversation....first time in 4 years not practicing on Turkey Day

Great Post as always bareman, great post by td in there as well. Let’s be honest, it’s 1a football, 8-4 in a down year we will take. Let’s look at those 4 loses , Reidsville, East Surry, who will be playing on championship Saturday, starmount and Mics who were both winnable games and in my opinion should have won those 2. Now let’s look at those wins, elkin , west stokes are both playing today and Wsp gave Murphy all they wanted then some. Not to bad a year for a young team that’s rebuilding. Next year will be the interesting one. Gonna have to find some offense, but after seeing the new Griggs Hampton strength facility ( would leave some d2 schools in envy ) that the football program just invested in, that a very physical style of football is getting ready to come to the granite city. With that said I imagine that the offensive line will be working hard this offseason and that offense will be found. Fingers crossed. The future is bright in the nw1a. Next year gonna be fun as I see a three horse race.

Last edited:
this was about as good as it was gonna get this year for Bears...had chance to win vs MIC but didn’t....rode #6 to 8 victories (he leaves as one of the best to ever wear the colors)...only 8 seniors... next year 9....gonna be a few slow years and I can live with that...got 2 good classes coming...real good...will not be long that we are back in the conversation....first time in 4 years not practicing on Turkey Day
Bareman,

As you know I have seen #6 numerous times, anybody making any offers?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT