ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy vs East Surry

NCTheOne

Feb 24, 2008
Both teams performed strong this past Friday (MA beat North Surry 43-0 and East Surry beat Starmount 37-0). This game is always a heated game and feels weird having it early in the season. What do people think about this one coming up?

Also, is Gosnell still playing for East Surry? I read he had planned on trying to enroll at Ohio State in December, and then re-opened his recruiting. Anyone know?

Reactions: realjoejr
Heard he transferred back to Carol Co Cavaliers Va I don't know for sure I'm excited about this Mt Airy team though they played pretty dang good Friday night might give East all they want next Friday night

Reactions: UNC91
Yeah..so did Starmount...Im sure thought they closed the gap as well..It's ES til proven different.

Mount Airy is more talented than East Surry this time, but will MA coaching be better or equal to than East Surry? That was a big difference in the Spring game.

Reactions: buzzcoach
The maxpreps roster is not accurate. It still has Landon Stevens on the team. I think Gosnell is playing in Va. it should be a close game and play calling will be crucial.

Reactions: UNC91
Mount Airy is more talented than East Surry this time, but will MA coaching be better or equal to than East Surry? That was a big difference in the Spring game.
MA coach Adkins is a really good coach as is Lowman. Hope it is a great game that comes down to the kids on the field making plays for the guys on the sidelines. Good luck to both teams and two of the better coaches around at any level.

Gosnell from what I am hearing from family friend is he is at Carroll County not playing fb. Clemson want take a look at him if he is up there so He will prob go to UNC early in Jan. Just passing this on what I was told. Not trying to spread rumors.

ES better be as good as last year to beat MA this year bc they are physical and fast. #1 Stoupe never touched ball on offense Friday night and to me he is best weapon. #8 Josh Penn at RB is a Beast in size and strength. Runs hard and fast. #3 and #5 run like dears. Gallimore at QB is work in progress but is going to be special. 10 Seniors so not as you g but still alot of underclassmen. Watch #32 soph started as fresh was in backfield all night.

Reactions: Bearfan71
ES better be as good as last year to beat MA this year bc they are physical and fast. #1 Stoupe never touched ball on offense Friday night and to me he is best weapon. #8 Josh Penn at RB is a Beast in size and strength. Runs hard and fast. #3 and #5 run like dears. Gallimore at QB is work in progress but is going to be special. 10 Seniors so not as you g but still alot of underclassmen. Watch #32 soph started as fresh was in backfield all night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT