Boys: Away in the Frank Spencer - - - - - - - - - TBD
Girl: Away Holiday Classic in Galax-- - - - - - - TBD

Dec. 27th
Girl: Away Holiday Classic in Galax- - - - - - - TBD

Dec. 28th
Girl: Away Holiday Classic in Galax- - - - - - - TBD

Frank Spencer Basketball Tournament pairings and game times .

• By Staff report
  • a53abffa-7b7a-11e6-be74-77e4d2e72668.png

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/p...cle_cf70b6ac-e5e5-512c-9df3-0bb65f2b508e.html

Last edited:
Boys should be WS Prep, followed by Bishop/East Surry, followed by everyone else. South Stokes is probably the last place team this year.

Girls will be Bishop/East Surry/Mount Airy and then everyone else. Those 3 are head and shoulders above everyone else.

Boys should be WS Prep, followed by Bishop/East Surry, followed by everyone else. South Stokes is probably the last place team this year.

Girls will be Bishop/East Surry/Mount Airy and then everyone else. Those 3 are head and shoulders above everyone else.
You May be right & May be wrong !
Standings as of today ,Girls
Mount Airy 4-0
Bishop 6-2 Who knows who they played and 1 Win by Forfeit .& played No Public Schools
East Surry 3-2
North Stokes 2-3
South Stokes 3-6
WSPrep 1-4

Boys : Of coarse MA & ES got later starts due to football.
North Stokes 5-0
Bishop 7-1 Who knows who they played and 1 Win by Forfeit . & played No Public Schools
WSPrep 4-2 ... Probably on the spot here,#1
East Surry 1-1
Mount Airy 2-2
South Stokes 3-6
Again, got to let Mount Airy & East Surry get some catching up on games.
Other then WSPrep boys the boys & girls anything can happen .

Last edited:
Really? Bishop boys and girls “played no public schools”? Girls have played 4A Glenn, 4A R.J.Reynolds and 4A West Forsyth. Boys have played 4A Glenn and 3A Eastern Alamance. Both boys and girls have also played Community School of Davidson, 1A public school. Research first, post second....

Last edited:
East Surry will also be without Boaz for a couple of weeks. When he returns they will be a different team than who they are now.

Would like to see Bishop won the conference! I think it will be between WS Prep, East Surry, and Bishop for boys. MA is middle of the pack and average this year.

Would like to see Bishop won the conference! I think it will be between WS Prep, East Surry, and Bishop for boys. MA is middle of the pack and average this year.
Mount Airy Boys just won the 1st round of the Frank Spencer Tournament this morning, round 2 tomorrow the Boys face the South Stokes-Atkins winner, 5:30 today and The Lady Bear start their Tournament at 7:30 tonight In the Galax Classic.

Last edited:
Mount Airy Boys just won the 1st round of the Frank Spencer Tournament this morning, round 2 tomorrow the Boys face the South Stokes-Atkins winner, 5:30 today and The Lady Bear start their Tournament at 7:30 tonight In the Galax Classic.
MA Girls won also over 4A Salem,Va in the Galax Tournament. They are now 5-0

There’s nobody in the 1a basketball within 20 points of prep this year. They are to good

Reactions: sbbbfan
There’s nobody in the 1a basketball within 20 points of prep this year. They are to good
With Forsyth Co. open enrollment it will probably be that way for years to come.WSPrep can pull players from the whole county and Forsyth Co is a huge county. But I keep hearing rumors that if they can't get their grades up it could be closed or consolidated with another school. Who knows with open enrollment Forsyth County.

Last edited:

I disagree with this. I’ve watched Prep play 2x and they are no where near as good as they were last year. They don’t have the size advantage and they only have 1 true elite guard compared to the past.

Mount Airy Boys Win The 2nd Round of the Frank Spencer Tournament .
Mount Airy 74 Atkins 63 ... Beat two 2a teams and face 4A East Forsyth next.
Bears vs East Forsyth For The Frank Spencer Tournament Pepsi Bracket Championship tomorrow night around 7:00 pm, 3rd year in the states longest running basketball tournament. I think they lost last year and won it all year before last.
Lady Bears play later in The Galax Tournament vs Forbush

Last edited:
My point is you lost to a team with less practice time while using lack of practice time as an excuse for potentially not playing well.

My point is you lost to a team with less practice time while using lack of practice time as an excuse for potentially not playing well.
I have made no excuses for anything referring to basketball. The only post I made was Mount Airy & East Surry had some catching up to do because of a late start due to football.

Last edited:
Mount Airy Girls advance to the Championship game tomorrow night against Pulaski Co. in the Galax Tournament after a win tonight over Forbush 70-57
MA Girls are now 6-0 ... Game around 8pm

I’m not saying you made an excuse for that game, but MA has been playing for a month. They don’t really have a disadvantage.

I’m not saying you made an excuse for that game, but MA has been playing for a month. They don’t really have a disadvantage.
This is their 3rd week . They started 12/07/18. And Who said they had a disadvantage. They are doing great now. You just need to worry about January 8th and not worry about how the Bears are playing now ! Again get your facts straight and not be putting words in my mouth, 12 Days and counting .:rolleyes:

Do they play Starmount again on the 8th? I don’t have the schedule in front of me. Still, it looks like you were using lack of practice as a reason for low expectations.

Wonder why they waited a whole week after football ended to start practicing on a Friday?

Do they play Starmount again on the 8th? I don’t have the schedule in front of me. Still, it looks like you were using lack of practice as a reason for low expectations.

Wonder why they waited a whole week after football ended to start practicing on a Friday?
I did not know they waited a week to start practice and no I had no low expectations. You must be thinking of someone else. This thread has all my basketball posts and I have not posted anything on how I expected them to play. If anything they are playing above my expectations. They don't have Donavon Greene because he graduated early and will start Wake Forest in January. His twin brother Greg Greene is playing. If they beat East Forsyth tomorrow night they win the Pepsi Bracket in the Frank Spence Tournament (At Joel Coliseum) ... Oh yes Starmount plays Mount Airy @ Mount Airy on Tuesday, Jan.8th . It may be a good close game.

Last edited:
I did not know they waited a week to start practice and no I had no low expectations. You must be thinking of someone else. This thread has all my basketball posts and I have not posted anything on how I expected them to play. If anything they are playing above my expectations. They don't have Donavon Greene because he graduated early and will start Wake Forest in January. His twin brother Greg Greene is playing. If they beat East Forsyth tomorrow night they win the Pepsi Bracket in the Frank Spence Tournament (At Joel Coliseum) ... Oh yes Starmount plays Mount Airy @ Mount Airy on Tuesday, Jan.8th . It may be a good close game.
I did find 2 more Thread I started but nothing on it but 3 posts.But still nothing you thought I said on my expectations. But no problem on my part.
https://ncpreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/how-is-the-northwest-conference-looking.40390/
And this one with no responses
https://ncpreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/post-the-teams-you-feel-will-be-the-top-10-1a-2a-3a-4a.40423/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT