ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy Bears vs Pisgah Bears Friday night

Happened to listen to this game. This MT Airy team is no joke. They played tough. Pisgah has played MT Airy before in Canton in the early 70s I just remembered. They were good then too. Final was something like 31-28 in that game but dont remember who won. I will keep my eye on them this year they could be very good.

I can't either I didn't realize that Mount Airy was so young. I was listening to the game and I was shocked when I heard that they were up at halftime. Those boys in the mountains and especially near Asheville are tough. Mount Airy will get better though. Poindexter was good tonight, some misses but sounded good to me from listening to the radio.

I can't either I didn't realize that Mount Airy was so young. I was listening to the game and I was shocked when I heard that they were up at halftime. Those boys in the mountains and especially near Asheville are tough. Mount Airy will get better though. Poindexter was good tonight, some misses but sounded good to me from listening to the radio.
We didn’t play well in the first half, but the coaches made some adjustments at the half, and played better in the 2nd. Under Coach Chappell, we have won many games when we were trailing at the half.

Well, how does this game of the 2 Grizzly Bears go?
EvPI6AnXAAQkeAX
The Bears won tonight in a close game.

Great football game. Mount Airy qb is very talented. Team is very tough and feisty. Undersized but will punch you in the mouth. Proud of our boys for continuing to grind away and take the win. Two very well coached teams that should go far.

Great football game. Mount Airy qb is very talented. Team is very tough and feisty. Undersized but will punch you in the mouth. Proud of our boys for continuing to grind away and take the win. Two very well coached teams that should go far.
Not taking anything from your win, but you guys are really 3A school.

Not a dull moment in that game, which going into the game and knowing that both teams were a physical type, was not surprised. Both played with a lot of passion and as I had predicted, lots of slober-knokers. MA will continue to improve no doubt, as will Pisgah, but to travel on the road for three hours and take a decicive win against a solid team like MA is, was impressive, I don't care who you are.
By the way, thanks to Mount Airy for feeding our boys last night. Hopefully we can return the favor next year.

Hopefully Mt Airy can eliminate some of the mistakes next few weeks and maybe give East Surry a challenge by the end of the season it really hurt not playing last week due to rain and N Iredell refusing to reschedule I hear we have a really good JV team that will be feeding into this team in the fall season and us losing 6 seniors pisgah has a really good team that's the type teams we need to be playing in non conference

Told my wife last night that if MA had played their game last Friday, Pisgah may have lost. It was clear they wasn't quite on point with their passes. With that said Pisgah D was chasing the qb all over the backfield too. MA will be a tough out in 1a no doubt.

Not taking anything from your win, but you guys are really 3A school.
So is Robbinsville So is Swain, So is Murphy. All of which have played Pisgah multiple times and HAVE had their share of success against 2 and 3A schools around these parts. They come in expecting to not only compete but also to win. And sometimes they do. I figure the same goes with MT Airy. It is no disrespect to lose to a quality team no matter the size. They all put 11 on the field.

So is Robbinsville So is Swain, So is Murphy. All of which have played Pisgah multiple times and HAVE had their share of success against 2 and 3A schools around these parts. They come in expecting to not only compete but also to win. And sometimes they do. I figure the same goes with MT Airy. It is no disrespect to lose to a quality team no matter the size. They all put 11 on the field.
Mount Airy only has 6 seniors starting this year and a young team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT