ADVERTISEMENT

Mooresville vs West Charlotte

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
0-4 Mooresville vs 1-4 West Charlotte
I’m calling it. Mooresville wins their 1st game.

What has happened in Mooresville? They were always in the conversation for championships for many years back in the day. Did LN hurt them? Possibly LN Charter also, I guess. Playing in the Charlotte conferences doesn't help.

What has happened in Mooresville? They were always in the conversation for championships for many years back in the day. Did LN hurt them? Possibly LN Charter also, I guess. Playing in the Charlotte conferences doesn't help.
Too many coaching changes in last few years have been the main issue. No consistency the last few year as u had Paxton (2-3 yrs) , Wells (2 years) and now Nixon and each coach has had different style of play n scheme. Mooresville being 4A has hurt us since 2009 with some success seasons with 2011 being one of them. LN charter is in Huntersville so I don’t think they have much of affect on us. LN doesn’t really hurt us as much you think Yes some flip flop back n forth between Mooresville n LN but Both schools have generally around the same ADMs

Reactions: DKJ
they had some really good coaches apply for the job after Hal Capps retired but they failed miserably at replacing him. then Wells had one decent season but somehow manged to get his star QB knocked out of the playoffs during the final quarter of a meaningless regular season finale. and after his OC left for MC the next season, he saw the hand writing on the wall i suppose and left Mooresville without much to say. but by then he had already run off all the assistants, some of which are now over at Lake Norman. the new AD had his work cut out for him and he’s the right man for the job imo. give them another season or so and they’ll be fine.

a lot of it this season is circumstances I think. 16 new starters, a very new staff and head coach, shortened season, and the fact we missed week one because NM had covid, we were really behind the 8 ball this year. It’s not for a lack of talent, and I genuinely believe we have one of the best staffs we’ve had in a while right now. With that many new starters, we’re really still trying to figure out who can do what I’m this scheme, especially on offense. And of course playing in a conference as deep as the Imeck, with all the adversity this year brings, has compounded things.

but we will be fine, we really appear to be working for the fall season. A lot of guys are getting reps. And a lot of guys come back. Combine that with what I would say is one of the more promising JV squads we’ve had in years... things will get better.

Reactions: DKJ and 84k
I should add the opening of Lake Norman I don’t think directly impacted Mooresville that much. If anything I think that hurt South Iredell more than us. And Lake Norman Charter had zero impact, as they are down in the Huntersville area I believe.

Reactions: DKJ
Congratulations to the Bluedevils for win. I have to ask the question. To any Mooresville fans that seen this game. What was it that they did different than from the previous games. Sounds like they found their way.

Congratulations to the Bluedevils for win. I have to ask the question. To any Mooresville fans that seen this game. What was it that they did different than from the previous games. Sounds like they found their way.
I was at work so ill have to watch it on demand tomorrow. But we implemented some Power I in the JV game (vs Cox Mill) last night... so I’m curious to see if we did the same tonight. I’m pretty sure we did make a QB change, but idk for sure.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Definitely wouldn’t have predicted that score line last night.

made some scheme changes it appears, called up some guys from JV that, from what I was told, had huge impacts last night. I missed the game having to work. Yeah. Curious to see how we do vs North Meck on Monday.... North has some good looking dudes on that team that can ball

a friend of mine at the gym was telling me that WC is really hurting for players this season. they had several kids going both ways last night. not too sure why, but hopefully things will get better for them in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT