ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell vs Swain

Yosef1381

Sep 3, 2019
Not trying to look over solid teams, but to me this would be a real matchup. Mountain ball at its finest, I personally see mitchell getting by there 2nd round opponent. I see swain easily beating union county. and bessemer city ain't beat a decent team all year. One can only hope for this matchup and a nice crisp 30 degree night.

Reactions: Swain97
Swain County is solely focused on Union Academy right now for our first round match up.
Quick question? What is the head to head history between Swain and Mitchell programs? That would be interesting to know. Used to play more often than recently. I think last game was 2012?

Swain County is solely focused on Union Academy right now for our first round match up.
Quick question? What is the head to head history between Swain and Mitchell programs? That would be interesting to know. Used to play more often than recently. I think last game was 2012?
14-1 is the all time record. In Swains favor of course. 2011 3rd round was the last time the 2 met. Swain scored late in the 4th after Mitchell had led the entire game.

Good info! Surprised by the all time record between both teams. I know Mitchell has a hell of a Coach and has built that program into a consistent and strong program. Much respect for Mitchell! If all plays out it will be a great game in the third round. Good luck in round 2!

We played swain in the early 90s not many teams beat swain in the late 80s early 90s.

I believe the teams played each other in the regular season in 2009 and 2010 as well.

Dang that’s terrible! Hope they were ok in the accident.
They were in a single cab pick up. 3 were in the cab and 3 were in the bed. They were run out of the road and hit a culvert, and flipped. Two of the ones in the cab only suffered bruising, the other in the cab had his foot mangled pretty good by the pedals and had some gnarly road rash on his shoulder. All 3 in the bed were thrown violently. One suffered a broken hip, and a severe concussion, one suffered internal bleeding and a broken leg, and my brother suffered 6 broken vertebrae, both lungs collapsed, his spleen ruptured and his leg hyper extended at the knee. It tore every artery, blood vessel, tendon and ligament in his leg. All 4 injured were air lifted, and my brother spent 21 days in the ICU. We almost lost him. I was in the vehicle in front, and saw the whole thing.

Man that’s terrible. Glad to hear all survived.
Hope your brother is doing well and fully recovered from the accident. I’m sure that effected the team that year and had an impact on that game. Pray nothing like that ever happens again.

Man that’s terrible. Glad to hear all survived.
Hope your brother is doing well and fully recovered from the accident. I’m sure that effected the team that year and had an impact on that game. Pray nothing like that ever happens again.
We are a tar heel family, but Duke medical saved his leg. He walks with almost no limp, and only occasional back pain, but he is still young... Mitchell was in no shape emotionally to play that game, much less against Swain. Gotta be honest with you, I had some animosity towards the Devils after they showed no mercy. But it wasn't their fault, they just played ball.

We are a tar heel family, but Duke medical saved his leg. He walks with almost no limp, and only occasional back pain, but he is still young... Mitchell was in no shape emotionally to play that game, much less against Swain. Gotta be honest with you, I had some animosity towards the Devils after they showed no mercy. But it wasn't their fault, they just played ball.
i remember this well i was a sophomore when it happened. The whole school was tore apart. Had a lot of friends in that wreck glad everyone survived

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT