ADVERTISEMENT

MITCHELL vs owen (Coach Pitman)

sportsfan1114

Jul 25, 2008
From Mitchell Alumni and former players, TRAVIS PITMAN, If you can beat Owen by 70, do it for us. Its been a long time waiting for this, and you know it as well as all of us. Roll Damn Neers

#PurplePride

Oookkkkkk? Why? Just because we hold a 33-5 series lead on you is no reason to want to do that :)

Don't think it will be by 70. Owens offense will score some points but not sure they can slow down Mitchell at this point. Let's get through this week then see where both teams stand. Early guess is Mit. by 30.

If you read anything from any of their fans, might as well go ahead and give Mitchell the 1AA ring. It seems they may have entered relevancy again and they want everyone to know it.

Well they have. They are big and very talented. I actually chose them pre season to win the WHC so it's no suprise to me. I do think they have a shot at a title. I do think we can score on Mitchell but we can't stop anyone.

Enjoy it cause next week is going to be ugly. Owen98, a 33-5 series lead is good, but Mitchell didnt have a prison to recruit from back in the day. If you played back in the 90's, you should probably know that. One of them inmates took your starting position. As I recall back in the early 2000's, maybe 03 or 04, all you Owen people were on here posting how you were going to win state that year, and then got beat by a team down east. Owen might score some points? Yall got beat by McDowell who Mitchell embarrassed and scored 2 touchdowns when they were just trying to run out the clock. And I wouldn't be getting on here bragging about beating Avery, a 1A school. Mitchell laying on McDowell and North Buncombe, now thats something to brag about.

Roll damn neers

Last edited:
I don't know why you morons think we ever got 1 single player from the juvenile center near Owen because it never happened. We never had a player there.

I don't think anyone was bragging. I guess you haven't been on this site since the early 2000s because yall have suck so bad. Go away troll.

Sorry to the sane Mitchell fans. This one is just a project. Mitchell has a squad this year.

Sounded like yall righted the ship pretty well tonight owen98, I planned on making the trip to this on Mitchell's off week but didn't feel like setting out in this mess with no rooting interest, but I did listen to the radio broadcast. Think they said Gibbs rushed for like 290 yards tonight and sounded like Owen dominated Avery on the line all night, seems like I remember Sidney Gibbs' uncle rushing for over 300 yards against Avery one time so he almost joined him in that category. I look for this game to give Owen some confidence and think they will give Mitchell a competitive game as I think they can score some points on us, but it will just be a matter of if the defense can step up and play more like tonight than the way it has in earlier games. Most of us Mitchell people have a lot of respect for your program, but man have they been a thorn in our side, no matter how good a team we have it just seems like we can never get over the hump with Owen, seems like we always play them tough, but just find a way to lose it, hope that changes next week.

I will redily admit we lucked up a couple years to steal a couple wins. I believe 2010 and 2011 are the years I'm thinking of.

Yeah that 2011 one hurt, it was at Owen and we had one of our best teams ever and yall was down a little bit, ended up being our only regular season loss and kept us from having the outright conference championship as we shared it with Hendersonville despite beating them. The score was something like 27 to 21 Owen in the 4th and Juggy broke off a long td run and either dove or flipped into the end zone and got a personal foul and we consequently missed the extra point. Then we went into overtime and Mitchell fumbled on the goaline going in and Owen recovered and then went on to score, man that was rough. Miss watching some of those games at old Shuford field, man that place had an awesome enviroment and it felt like you was right on top of the field.

I also miss Shuford. You were right on top of things. That 11 game we first fumbled to you guys before you fumbled it right back to us. And Hughes dove in the end zone with no one around which at that time was a penalty for bringing attention to yourself. It was a stupid rule but the right call.

I think the 11 game was a 3OT game and an awesome game. I was there and had a kid on the team. I don't agree with beating teams by 70 if you can I think when you have a comfortable lead get your starters out to avoid injury. Owen has always beat Mitchell and Kenny Ford is a big reason for that. I think Owen will be good again but it will take a lot of work to replace Mr Ford.

If you read anything from any of their fans, might as well go ahead and give Mitchell the 1AA ring. It seems they may have entered relevancy again and they want everyone to know it.
Mitchell does have some fans on here that are ahead of themselves. I was the same way about 5 years ago when my oldest son came through Mitchell and they had 2 pretty good teams then. I am glad to see our support on here and the excitement in our small town about this team but I hope these kids stay focused.

Great game by both teams. Figured Owen would put up a fight, never count an Owen team out.

Let's keep it rolling 6-0

Mitchell does have some fans on here that are ahead of themselves. I was the same way about 5 years ago when my oldest son came through Mitchell and they had 2 pretty good teams then. I am glad to see our support on here and the excitement in our small town about this team but I hope these kids stay focused.

While Mitchell does have some fans that are talking state title contenders this year, they are right in doing so. Baring injuries or the team beating themselves, Mitchell has as good as chance as any team in the west this year. Unlike the 2011 team that could not beat a team through the air (and if you stopped 5 plays you beat them period) this team is well rounded and has triple the offence capability of that team. Despite being good in 2011 (and imo should of beat swain) they would not of beat West Montgomery nor Ayden-Grifton that year due to 2 things. Being lopsided on offence, and having a poor head coach that only knew what previous Mitchell coaches knew. Run 3 times and punt.

Yeah that 2011 one hurt, it was at Owen and we had one of our best teams ever and yall was down a little bit, ended up being our only regular season loss and kept us from having the outright conference championship as we shared it with Hendersonville despite beating them. The score was something like 27 to 21 Owen in the 4th and Juggy broke off a long td run and either dove or flipped into the end zone and got a personal foul and we consequently missed the extra point. Then we went into overtime and Mitchell fumbled on the goaline going in and Owen recovered and then went on to score, man that was rough. Miss watching some of those games at old Shuford field, man that place had an awesome enviroment and it felt like you was right on top of the field.

The score was 26-20 and was a triple overtime game. The game should of never made it to the bad ref call on that Juggy run when he broke a 70 something yard run (with a defender on his heels the entire way) only to dive into the end zone and be flagged for celebration. (Cost us that game) But props to Kenny Ford. He always found a way to out coach our staff. And in that years case it wasn't hard. He put 9 guys in the box and dared us to pass, knowing that we could not beat him that way. He lucked up and got a home ref advantage and once again walked out as a winner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT