ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell vs Heritage

How many sophomores did Mitchell have to move up this year? Just a question. I think we have moved up 2 or 3 for the entire season as well plus like all schools have some guys dressed and working on their 8 quarters on Friday Nights. Mitchell had a JV receiver that made a couple of very good catches.

Yeah after I posted that noticed MH has several sophomores on varsity. But looking back except for 2017 Mitchell hasn't had good JV records. But didn't help them losing the QB and some others right off the bat, he and another player broke thier leg the other boy worst had to have surgery. The middle school had the same issue with injuries this year.

Last edited:
Yeah after I posted that noticed MH has several sophomores on varsity. But looking back except for 2017 Mitchell hasn't had good JV records. But didn't help them losing the QB and some others right off the bat, he and another player broke thier leg the other boy worst had to have surgery. The middle had the same issue with injuries this year.
You are correct. Their QB is a good player for sure. Actually I thought your backup QB had improved a lot since the last game. Depth is always a good problem to have.

You are correct. Their QB is a good player for sure. Actually I thought your backup QB had improved a lot since the last game. Depth is always a good problem to have.

Could be worst poor Madison no JV and I counted of thier 34 players on varsity 15 freshman. And the real shocker I can't figure out is a police officer at the Owen game told me that Owen middle school didn't have a football team this year , so what's going on there? That's a middle school that has more students in 6-8 grades then Mitchell high school.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Could be worst poor Madison no JV and I counted of thier 34 players on varsity 15 freshman. And the real shocker I can't figure out is a police officer at the Owen game told me that Owen middle school didn't have a football team this year , so what's going on there? That's a middle school that has more students in 6-8 grades then Mitchell high school.
I had heard the same thing about Owen. Does not bode well for the Swannanoa Valley.

Heritage just flat out beat mitchell up tonight. They should have beat them by 21,we could have score late joey back off. MITCHELL does have solid team, travis needs to stop playing such weak schedule, joey Robinson made so many adjustments tonight , mitchell had no answer, as long as Robinson is at heritage dont really see mitchell beating them.

I had to work last night. If we really came out the way it’s portrayed on Carolina preps then I'm embarrassed. The one thing you have to teach is class and character. Congratulations to heritage

I had to work last night. If we really came out the way it’s portrayed on Carolina preps then I'm embarrassed. The one thing you have to teach is class and character. Congratulations to heritage
Thanks for the kind post. Just saw on CP where a sign at Mitchell May have gotten spray painted. No room for that stuff either kids or adults.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Thanks for the kind post. Just saw on CP where a sign at Mitchell May have gotten spray painted. No room for that stuff either kids or adults.

The bad part of the sign is it was hand painted by a former student several years ago. No idea who did the paint last night but hate it for the original painter.

Go Mountaineers

Reactions: Heritage 84

I was talking and didn't really notice it. They did look like a nervous team trying to build up the crowd while trying to build thier own confendonce and trying to hard to do so. Mtn Heritage is in thier heads players and coaches, MH played as a team trying to win and Mitchell playing not to lose.
One hope I had this year with a different defense coach to play more aggressive but while MH D plays on the ball shoots linebackers plays aggressive , Mitchell lined up off the ball and the play come to them instead of attacking never brought up the line backers no adjustments for the jet sweep.
No adjustments on offense they were keying on Pittman , just spit balling but maybe two backs one as a blocking back or our own jet sweep something different , they seem unserting what to call with play clock running down. Plus the unforced errors, more dropped passes in one game then all year and a couple missed wide open like in the 4th the would have been a walk in TD.
Mtn Heritage has a great D and is as always well coached but Mitchell just didn't seem prepared for the game and when they had opportunities didn't execute.

I don't believe they have the mental issues with Murphy or any team as they do with Mtn Heritage.
Definitely not. Last year, Murphy's depth wore Mitchell down in the end. Mountain Heritage is for sure in their heads, but last night the Cougar defense held tight. It also hurt when Heritage was able to use the entire 1st and 3rd quarters on long drives.

Mitchell has a very good chance of winning out. They do not second guess themselves against most other opponents. Was good to see a lot of friends and even poke back and forth a little. Got to give props to 1 Mitchell fan all dressed in purple sitting right amongst our student section. Was fun joking back and forth with him.

Mitchell has a very good chance of winning out. They do not second guess themselves against most other opponents. Was good to see a lot of friends and even poke back and forth a little. Got to give props to 1 Mitchell fan all dressed in purple sitting right amongst our student section. Was fun joking back and forth with him.

Wonder what the gate was last night.

The great thing about this rivalry is that it’s two bordering counties with kids that are friends, parents that are friends, fan-base that are for the most part friends. A lot of parents and fans work together, kids hang out together at the pool during the summer, and both for the most part back their kids, schools, and coaching staffs. Both coaches, home-grown, and yes these mountains are home no matter which county you were born or live in. Yes they go at each other each year and yes the week before this game is fun to read. Mitchell dominated this rilvary for yrs and now heritage dominates it. Which honestly they should being the bigger of the two schools in a split conference. Both are factors in the play-offs in their respected divisions and represent our communities with pride, fight, and integrity. Both counties should be proud of their kids and coaches for their hard work and commitment to their communities. But please, please, quit with the disrespecting our cougar paw. It’s just paint on the field that just happens to be at the 50, which is where most teams meet after pregame to try to pump each other up. It’s just a painting of a paw! I remember reading the same posts yrs ago when Avery” disrespected the paw”!

Reactions: Mavrick69
Would love to see my mountaineers pull one out over the neighboring cougars but the fact of the matter is that heritage is far more superior than any other team in the conference. This is Heritage team may be the best heritage team I have seen since the 09 team. Just roll out the red carpet for this heritage because there is NO WAY they shouldn’t make it to the state championship game and win it. As for this game this week, Mitchell will be lucky to be down by 28 points at halftime but at the end of the game the score will be....

MH 62 MHS 14
Lol. What a prediction

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT