ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell vs Heritage

-Mitchell-

Oct 2, 2010
Would love to see my mountaineers pull one out over the neighboring cougars but the fact of the matter is that heritage is far more superior than any other team in the conference. This is Heritage team may be the best heritage team I have seen since the 09 team. Just roll out the red carpet for this heritage because there is NO WAY they shouldn’t make it to the state championship game and win it. As for this game this week, Mitchell will be lucky to be down by 28 points at halftime but at the end of the game the score will be....

MH 62 MHS 14

Reactions: Mhsneer
Should be another interesting night at the pit. Can Mitchell get over the mental block and come out strong? Or will they continue to endure the 1st quarter thumpings they have take the past few games. Game should be strength vs strength. Mitchell offense vs heritage defense. Can Mitchell contain Sheehan and the rest of the heritage offense. Will Joey play keep away with the 2.5 yard per play offense as he has done before and limit the number of possessions in the game? Will there be enough seating at the pit, doubtful. Will the crowd be electric, probably.

Can the Mitchell line give Pitman time to find receivers or will they force turnovers as they did against Avery?

Will there be enough trash talk this week to fill a landfill, absolutely... That's what makes Mitchell-heritage week fun.

Good luck to both squads and to no injuries.

Go Mountaineers

Polk will have something to say about rolling out that red carpet we’re bringing that banner back down the Mountain this year

Heritage better play better than the last two weeks or this one will be ugly. Only 24 points against an Avery team that is mediocre? Weren’t they supposed to beat them by 40 plus? Better jerk up on it or Mitchell will walk in this one.

Reactions: AHVikingNation
Yeah Mitchell is going to have tough road going to Polk and heritage. I just hope we can keep it close

Reactions: -Mitchell-
Going into the Mtn Heritage games I'm usually more concerned about what's between the ears then the talent level. I've seen more talented Mitchell teams lose this game because going into it Mitchell is like I hope we can win and Mtn Heritage is like how much will we win by, for some reason every year Mitchell tries to play Joey's game, Joey runs the ball eats up clock to keep your offense off the field then when they score goes for two to force you to do the same except they average like a 80%+ conversion rate were most other teams don't, but Mitchell is a run - pass team but for this one game tries to play Joey's game and lose because of it, I've seen games where Mitchell wakes up in the second half realizing they can pass and out score MH in the second but they put themselves in a hole in the first and it's to late. Last year if the MH D had a weakness it was thier secondary but even when they brought up the linebackers to stop the run Mitchell still ran. I don't know how they match talent wise this year ,but play your game Mitchell like any other game if you get beat you get beat but you can't play Joey's game and win, at least it hasn't worked yet.

First off it can happen, if Pisgah could, it can be done, anything can happen,

Reactions: Gps62
Ask Owen if Mitchell can win, to all you nonbelievers this Mitchell team is for real Well balanced offensively and on defense, 62-14 is ridiculous it will be a game win or lose

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
boy that guy from Mitchell doesn't seem to be much of a homie , with fans like him who needs mh to talk crap about you , and don't claim to be a realist cause the craps you spewing ain't floating don't forget Mitchell still ain't been beat and you mistress team has , and when Polk comes knocking this year they ain't bringing no roses with them !

boy that guy from Mitchell doesn't seem to be much of a homie , with fans like him who needs mh to talk crap about you , and don't claim to be a realist cause the craps you spewing ain't floating don't forget Mitchell still ain't been beat and you mistress team has , and when Polk comes knocking this year they ain't bringing no roses with them !

Maybe he's trying to use reverse psychology or something. I can't believe anyone really thinks ether team in this game will score 62 points. As far as Polk I believe they have everyone's attention but allow Mitchell to get pass this game first, then while you prepare for every team no matter who it is, probably they can look at Polk some as well the next week while preparing for Madison.

true dat, it's hard to watch Madison there truly terrible, I give them one thing they didn't quit and there coach continued to try to coach them up threw the game just not much talent really sad , really don't get anything positive from a game like this just hope not to pick up bad habits and yes it's a week you can spend most of getting ready for the next opponent

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
I believe in Mitchell for sure but with that being said, it is the king of the mountains Mountain Heritage. Their defense isn’t named “Hurricane Black” for no reason. We are just hoping we can be within 28 and we can count that as a win in our books.

I can’t tell if y’all are being serious or sarcastic. I thought y’all were confident in Mitchell this year. I’m pulling for the Mountaineers would love to see 1A schools knock of all the top 2A teams this year!!

I think the closet heritage fans expectation of the mountaineer football fan base might be a little off , don't think there looking for a moral victory in this game don't think they will be happy getting beat by 28 really who is this guy ?

I think the closet heritage fans expectation of the mountaineer football fan base might be a little off , don't think there looking for a moral victory in this game don't think they will be happy getting beat by 28 really who is this guy ?
Idk, I really want to beat the snot out of Heritage. But, if a loss to the Cougars prepare Mitchell for a Championship victory, I'll take it.

think of the benefits of a victory !!!
I know what this team is capable of. A victory on Friday night would bring it to everyone else's attention. I really don't believe there is a small 1a team that is better, and IMO, East Surry vs Mitchell would be a dog fight. But, we've been thru that before, cough, 2017...

We’re going to tear em a new one honestly
I'm not an x's and o's guy when it comes to football, but I saw some stuff last night, stuff that would generally go unnoticed, that Coach Pitman has never pulled before. Me thinks he might have a couple wrinkles for ol Joey that non of us have seen before. Could go bad, could be phenomenal...

I know what this team is capable of. A victory on Friday night would bring it to everyone else's attention. I really don't believe there is a small 1a team that is better, and IMO, East Surry vs Mitchell would be a dog fight. But, we've been thru that before, cough, 2017...
I know Mitchell is stout, but beating MH who lost to Pisgah will not garner the attention it usually would.

Reactions: KW23
This is more like it, no more of the BS sandbagging reverse psychology, any one care to predict scores? I'll give you my opinion, I've followed this bunch since grade school, all are talented, loaded with seniors and juniors, really only one sophomore playing, honestly I think Heritage runs out of gas in this one Mitchell 35 Heritage 21

I’ll take Mitchell by 24. MH offense is not that great. They are able to pound it over and over. It took them 8 plays to score on Avery with 5 minutes left in the game. Their defense got lucky breaks off of turnovers with none being forced (poor Troy was throwing it directly to the defenders with no pressure. Randolph isn’t much of a QB (he can just hand it off lol). I truly was expecting more out of MH running trio but they would get ripped to shreds by the running tandem at North Buncombe

All this talk about the Cougar D, but quietly Mitchell starters have only allowed 1 TD so far.
Avery should’ve had about 20 points last night (botched snap on a fg to put us in the lead in the middle of the 3rd qtr and 2 or 3 picks in the red zone (I can’t remember exact number but we had 7 ints) and the majority were on Heritages side of the field.

I’ll take Mitchell by 24. MH offense is not that great. They are able to pound it over and over. It took them 8 plays to score on Avery with 5 minutes left in the game. Their defense got lucky breaks off of turnovers with none being forced (poor Troy was throwing it directly to the defenders with no pressure. Randolph isn’t much of a QB (he can just hand it off lol). I truly was expecting more out of MH running trio but they would get ripped to shreds by the running tandem at North Buncombe
As bad as Heritage is in Averys mind, you would think they could have won easily. Easy to throw 5 TD passes when playing a team without a defense. Yes we accidentally picked off those passes. Please thank The QB for throwing them right to us. We were only standing around in the field with our hands in our pockets. Our Defense is terrible and your Offense is spectacular.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBBear51
People also forget before Joey Heritage was whipping boys, I get sick of hearing this dynasty crap about Heritage, by the way East Yancey beat us this year for the first time since Calen Randolph was there, Mitchell football is looking great for years to come, if coaching staff would let Noah call the plays on the field just this one game itll be a runaway just saying

Yeah we banged up. 6 interceptions and maybe 50 yards or so rushing. Hope we get healthy. Lol

Heritage 84 you shouldn't be calling out kids by name on here, sounds like Troy had a bad game, dont disrespect the kid doubt he had anything in any of these posts

Reactions: AHVikingNation
I believe AHS Viking Nation their own fan called him out by first name in the post I responded too. I will apologize but an Avery fan called him out first.

I believe AHS Viking Nation their own fan called him out by first name in the post I responded too. I will apologize but an Avery fan called him out first.
I did say “Troy”. My bad. He truly had an awful game. It was very reminiscent of the Draughn game. Heritage was only able to pressure him a couple of times. Hate to tell you but many people who have kept up with sports in WNC and more specifically the WHC from Avery County believe Mitchell we’ll win.

Well we would fully expect everyone else in the conference to be pulling for Mitchell and if you go by points scored and maybe even allowed you could agree with that, but there has been no comparison in the talent of teams played. They would be the first to admit that the entire conference with the exception of Madison will be their toughest opponents on the year. I only saw them play McDowell and I’m guessing we will attempt not to let their main receiver get 20 yards behind the defense 4 or 5 times in one game. It was honestly a waste to watch that game because our JV would beat McDowell I’m pretty sure. No offense to McDowell but they did not show up that game at all and Mitchell took full advantage.

I think we should have won 3 of the last 4 but got outcoached, Joey took Mitchell football to Yancey and built a program, please Mitchell coaching staff just this once let the kids on the field call the shots, at least try it a couple of drives anyway

Heritage 84 your jvs dont have enough speed, they are big and tough but not real fast, unless you pick up some transfers in the next couple of years, you gonna be hurting, just like us in a couple of years tons of fast skill players with no line is what we'll be facing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT