ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Polk

Mitchell county mountie

Aug 27, 2015
Should be a brawl Friday in the Little Big House. The series is tied up at 8-8, and these two almost always play a tight game. Polk brings a solid defense, and a punishing run game, while Mitchell has a dynamic offense and an equally solid defense. Don't expect either team to run away with it, either a low scoring slobberknocker, or a high scoring shootout. I'm going with the latter, a 45-42 type game. Not gonna predict a winner just yet ;)

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Who knows in this conference. As far as playing head to head competition where Mitchell beat Owen as easy as they did Trinity Academy then Owen beats Polk you'd think Mitchell but then Owen almost and should have beaten Mtn Heritage after Mtn Heritage beats Mitchell.
It is usually a tight game especially at Polk two have been just one point difference. Polk wether you think it was justified or not will be without thier head coach on the sideline and unlike a player who is ejected can watch the next game in the stands a coach can't even be on campus. So what will will be the effect if any? Will it hurt not having his leadership there or will it make them play inspired football?
Should be a good game and the way Mitchell fans travel it should be a good gate night for Polk.

Reactions: Mhsneer
it's my understanding they wrote it up as disqualification not a ejection he's gonna be on the sidelines I'm told

I was wondering about that, since it was posted that they removed him from the field after two flags that sounded more like a disqualification, an ejection is usually immediate removal after one act.

This is gonna be a great game !!! Hopefully a epic game !!
Yes coach will be on the sidelines Friday night and he also paid his price to the team today and did his punishment of having to push sleds today just like any other member of the team would have for getting in trouble. How many coaches would have Man’d up and pushed sleds like he would have made a player do? I’m betting not many.

The ole computer is saying 28-20 Mitchell. Be interesting to see how accurate it is.

Mitchell is not better than Polk. I’m not from Polk but have seen them both. Polk is the better team and I’m prepared to eat crow, but it’s just not on the menu. Polk is the more physical team. Hands down.

Mitchell is not better than Polk. I’m not from Polk but have seen them both. Polk is the better team and I’m prepared to eat crow, but it’s just not on the menu. Polk is the more physical team. Hands down.

Dig down deep, find your stash, light it up, memory crash.

I like the comments of they thinking Polk more physical , we are pretty physical and we ain't slow I don't know who's the better team I know who I'm picking and it's Polk but Friday will tell the tell and we will find out , just hope everyone comes out unhurt , save some of that stash for deerhunter and his ref buddy from Avery

Avery had several dropped balls (the rain didn't help) defense wasn't good in first half. The adjustments Avery made on defense at halftime showed, just wish they'd started out the game like that. I see Polk keeping this one close for 3 quarters.
Mitchell- 35
Polk- 21

Avery had several dropped balls (the rain didn't help) defense wasn't good in first half. The adjustments Avery made on defense at halftime showed, just wish they'd started out the game like that. I see Polk keeping this one close for 3 quarters.
Mitchell- 35
Polk- 21
I'll give Avery credit for being better than they have been in a while, while Avery dropped a couple balls and played a little better defense in the second half you must have forgotten about the 3 tds Polk had called back and Polk secondary dropped at least 4 passes that should have been picked of this game was close only because of the refs and even your chain crew supposedly said to one of our parents that the refs were trying to steal the game from us wasn't really that close!!

How did the Polk secondary do against Avery. Did Avery throw for a lot of yards? That could be the difference in this game. #10 is a better receiver than the Avery receivers. Of course he is more experienced.

Yes Avery does not rush for many yards but will sling it through the air. Mitchell is definitely more balanced and if #7 breaks containment Polk will need all the speed they have to run him down . Of course Ollis has already considered everything that can happen I’m sure. How much did Polk throw on Avery?

Yes Avery does not rush for many yards but will sling it through the air. Mitchell is definitely more balanced and if #7 breaks containment Polk will need all the speed they have to run him down . Of course Ollis has already considered everything that can happen I’m sure. How much did Polk throw on Avery?
I think Polk was 6 for 9 hundred something yards

We was 6 of 8 for 137 yards
We are 30 of 48 on the season and avg just over 19 yards per attempt

Yep word is we gonna come out 5 wide this week and attempt 75+ passes :)

Honestly the way I have seen Ollis change his offense in the late season, I would not be surprised.
Ok maybe a little but I am expecting something that Mitchell hasn’t seen yet. Still think this will be a battle to the end.

Go Mountaineers

Honestly the way I have seen Ollis change his offense in the late season, I would not be surprised.
Ok maybe a little but I am expecting something that Mitchell hasn’t seen yet. Still think this will be a battle to the end.

Go Mountaineers

Years ago he put four receivers in kind of a box on one side and run different play out of it like the QB would throw it to one of the back receivers and Mitchell never could figure out how to defend it. He's very imaginative .

Years ago he put four receivers in kind of a box on one side and run different play out of it like the QB would throw it to one of the back receivers and Mitchell never could figure out how to defend it. He's very imaginative .
In 2010 Polk came into the Mitchell game undefeated, ranked real high in all the polls. Mitchell wasn't playing very good on the season, and the next week Polk was to play a very good Avery team. Ollis came out running a weird wishbone/spread hybrid, IMO to practice for Avery, and Mitchell ate it up. They reverted back to their normal offense in the 2nd half, but Mitchell held firm and won 24-23 ending Polk's undefeated season. They wore Avery out the next week running their normal set.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT