ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Polk

Mitchell’s overall best game of the year, in my opinion. No offense wasn’t as explosive but the lne play was outstanding. As WHC said Polk’s future is bright. early prediction is Polk 2nd in conference next season.

Go Mountaineers

Watch polk play couple games this season, not impress big and slow. Their jv team is decent, owen, heritage have lot more talent for next year. Like I have been saying all year pilk is all hype, o points against mit.

Watch polk play couple games this season, not impress big and slow. Their jv team is decent, owen, heritage have lot more talent for next year. Like I have been saying all year pilk is all hype, o points against mit.

0 points against a team that has outscored conference foes 150 to 21 in 4 games. 41-7 Owen, 7-14 L to Heritage, 69 -0 Madison and 33-0 Polk, the defense has been stout all year, the only game they were physically out played was Heritage. The line dominated the other 3. The only reason I post this is to put some facts to your usual shot at Mitchell while you were slamming Polk as well.

Mitchell’s overall best game of the year, in my opinion. No offense wasn’t as explosive but the lne play was outstanding. As WHC said Polk’s future is bright. early prediction is Polk 2nd in conference next season.

Go Mountaineers

I thought Polk had a huge senior class that would be graduating this season, including most of their starting O-line and D-line. Is that not the case?

0 points against a team that has outscored conference foes 150 to 21 in 4 games. 41-7 Owen, 7-14 L to Heritage, 69 -0 Madison and 33-0 Polk, the defense has been stout all year, the only game they were physically out played was Heritage. The line dominated the other 3. The only reason I post this is to put some facts to your usual shot at Mitchell while you were slamming Polk as well.
I gave mitchell credit, all isaid was polk could not even score against your defense, everyone knows your defense is not that strong .

I love reading 84’s posts even when It’s Mitchell week. But this guy drives me nuts with the ‘ it’s heritage and everyone sucks”! Some seem to forget that they’re a 2 a school while the closest competitor is a 1a-1aa.

I love reading 84’s posts even when It’s Mitchell week. But this guy drives me nuts with the ‘ it’s heritage and everyone sucks”! Some seem to forget that they’re a 2 a school while the closest competitor is a 1a-1aa.
Heritage84 is a pretty good guy. This is rocketman101 here. He is an ass.

Nobody was bragging, Mitchell fans were complementing a good Polk team, then you chimed in.

I admit I do pour it on heavy for Mitchell week but all these points are true. We are a small 2A school and Mitchel is a small 1A or 1AA school with less students (yet to be determined this year). One reason I pour it on is that some never bring this fact up during rivalry week and go into it just wanting to play Heritage to a close game even if you lose to a bigger school. There have been years including this one that a few posters talk about Mitchell having the best athletes, best defense and most explosive offense. I stated in some of my posts leading up to our game that it was a tough year to pick because of the level of competition we both had played whether unknowingly scheduled or purposely scheduled by both teams. The outcome of the game shed some light on things. Our offense is built to exploit the Mitchell defense even though you may have a good defense, our defense was built this year as most years to limit your run game and possibly this year our pass defense is the best in coverage that it has been in awhile and was able to neutralize that as well. Even though the Mitchell offense is a good 1A offense. The biggest difference and I mentioned it in one of my posts can’t remember if it was serious or poking with some fellow posters, was the fact that as an entire team Heritage definitely has the better athletes this year. But we are 2 A and I suppose we should have. This is what I saw on the field that night and am trying not to be biased. I welcome any arguments to this statement from the Mitchell faithful but I felt this was the difference in this years game. Next year things could be totally different by game time due to injuries and offseason progression. Look for both teams to advance a few rounds in the playoffs at a minimum.

Reactions: WHChoops
Rocketman can't you play with the big boys over at 2a? Or does talking shit about 1a schools make you feel bigger than your 5'7" self?

I admit I do pour it on heavy for Mitchell week but all these points are true. We are a small 2A school and Mitchel is a small 1A or 1AA school with less students (yet to be determined this year). One reason I pour it on is that some never bring this fact up during rivalry week and go into it just wanting to play Heritage to a close game even if you lose to a bigger school. There have been years including this one that a few posters talk about Mitchell having the best athletes, best defense and most explosive offense. I stated in some of my posts leading up to our game that it was a tough year to pick because of the level of competition we both had played whether unknowingly scheduled or purposely scheduled by both teams. The outcome of the game shed some light on things. Our offense is built to exploit the Mitchell defense even though you may have a good defense, our defense was built this year as most years to limit your run game and possibly this year our pass defense is the best in coverage that it has been in awhile and was able to neutralize that as well. Even though the Mitchell offense is a good 1A offense. The biggest difference and I mentioned it in one of my posts can’t remember if it was serious or poking with some fellow posters, was the fact that as an entire team Heritage definitely has the better athletes this year. But we are 2 A and I suppose we should have. This is what I saw on the field that night and am trying not to be biased. I welcome any arguments to this statement from the Mitchell faithful but I felt this was the difference in this years game. Next year things could be totally different by game time due to injuries and offseason progression. Look for both teams to advance a few rounds in the playoffs at a minimum.
Good post. I agree wholeheartedly with the point about Heritage being taylor made to exploit Mitchell's weaknesses. It's a bad matchup, and has been for several years.

Reactions: WHChoops
Seriously hate to hear the Heritage QB got hurt. Especially against Madison, no offense to their young team. You never know from play to play.

I felt that Mitchell had 2 of the best athletes on the field but not the most athletic team. Heritage had more athletes as a team and it showed. Plus mentally, and I do stress mentally, heritage has the overall advantage in the conference. That’s a huge benefit. They’re confident, coaches are confident, and they’ve played some big time games against some big time teams.

Reactions: Heritage 84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT