ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Forest Hills

Well from the way the corner was playing the receiver (right side) the passes needed to happen but yeah keep pounding the ball it’s working great. Camera work does suck LoL but at least we getting to see the game

Well from the way the corner was playing the receiver (right side) the passes needed to happen but yeah keep pounding the ball it’s working great. Camera work does suck LoL but at least we getting to see the game
Where are you watching?

Well yeah if a couple passes had been on the mark probably a TD. I believe if Mitchell could get to #3 in the open he'd be gone. But they have found some momentum with their pass so if you can pound it and keep it from them that's good

Mitchell is killing themselves with penalties. First a illegal procedure then illegal use of hands I think hands to the face maybe from the WR on a run play

Mitchell looked very good to start the game but really killed them self with penalties on offense but the defense did a outstanding job of “bend but don’t break” all night!!! Congratulations guys on the win. I’m sure this game will help a lot getting things cleaned up

Reactions: The Deerhunter
Forest Hills is a third place team in the WHC. I wouldn’t call them bad.
Well their highest rank is 57 in Maxpreps the other two has them in the 60's but honestly they looked did better than that probably under ranked for sure they play good competition. But I know they're not as good as Statesville who Mitchell beat by the same score and who hasn't lost a game since and is ranked 18 in 3A. Just saying Mitchell made some mental mistakes they usually don't and after the first two drives looked a little off. But you're pumped for a big game with a known opponent that you've been preparing for for two weeks and even though it was madison missed a game when you're hitting your stride and then your drive 3 hours on a Thursday night to play a team you know nothing about and no history with, so it would be understandable if you're not overly excited to play them after a big let down. But I'm really glad they got out of there with no injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mopar forever
Mitchell most definitely didn't play their best game tonight, but that was definitely not a bad team. I would argue that was about as good a team as we've seen this year. I think people have looked at their 2-3 record and thought they weren't, 2 of their losses are to undefeated West Stanley 21 to 0 who has not allowed a point so far this year and undefeated Mount Pleasant who has been one of the best 2a teams in the state for some time now and their 3rd loss was to Central Davidson whose only losses are to powers Salisbury and Oak Grove. They were the first team all year that I didn't feel like we dominated their line other than the first quarter. The penalties absolutely killed us, we had to have had 10 or 15 and I don't remember them having a single one, hard to win a game like that. I like that we got that game in because it helps to play a legit passing team going into the Avery game and seeing the type of athletes we could see deep in the playoffs. Overall you have to be happy to win a game that you take on one days notice, with no film, a 3 hour ride on a day kids are out of school and come away with a win over a quality 2a team in the flatlands even after playing your worst game of the year.

A win is a win but it's a good thing they weren't playing a good team tonight after the first two drives they got sloppy. Maybe a combination of not playing last week and the sudden change in game you were preparing for.
They were a good team, I was there nice area they have there seemed like good old country people, most speed I have seen all year

Mitchell most definitely didn't play their best game tonight, but that was definitely not a bad team. I would argue that was about as good a team as we've seen this year. I think people have looked at their 2-3 record and thought they weren't, 2 of their losses are to undefeated West Stanley 21 to 0 who has not allowed a point so far this year and undefeated Mount Pleasant who has been one of the best 2a teams in the state for some time now and their 3rd loss was to Central Davidson whose only losses are to powers Salisbury and Oak Grove. They were the first team all year that I didn't feel like we dominated their line other than the first quarter. The penalties absolutely killed us, we had to have had 10 or 15 and I don't remember them having a single one, hard to win a game like that. I like that we got that game in because it helps to play a legit passing team going into the Avery game and seeing the type of athletes we could see deep in the playoffs. Overall you have to be happy to win a game that you take on one days notice, with no film, a 3 hour ride on a day kids are out of school and come away with a win over a quality 2a team in the flatlands even after playing your worst game of the year.
Agreed, this helped prepare us for Avery, nice folks down here too I missed the first quarter stuck in traffic, if it wasn't so far Travis could probably pick em up in the fall maybe?

Were you there? That reciever could scream, I was getting a little worried at the end of the second our defense was stellar as usual offense was a little off tonite to be expected after a week off, I can't wait till next week

Reactions: Mhsneer
They were a good team, I was there nice area they have there seemed like good old country people, most speed I have seen all year
In my comments after this one I stated that they were obviously better than their rankings I mean #57 is pretty low Mtn heritage is ranked higher then the best two teams in thier conference but that doesn't always mean anything . But I just felt Mitchell made some unforced errors that they usually don't but I gave legitimate reasons why that probably was. FH did show that Mitchell's secondary can work on some things I agree that can help them down the road and I did notice they had some speedy receivers I especially noticed #1.
But they won and no injuries and I'm glad they got to play a game.

Reactions: Purple1995
In my comments after this one I stated that they were obviously better than their rankings I mean #57 is pretty low Mtn heritage is ranked higher then the best two teams in thier conference but that doesn't always mean anything . But I just felt Mitchell made some unforced errors that they usually don't but I gave legitimate reasons why that probably was. FH did show that Mitchell's secondary can work on some things I agree that can help them down the road and I did notice they had some speedy receivers I especially noticed #1.
But they won and no injuries and I'm glad they got to play a game.
#15 is a d1 commit in ball, my bad he was an awesome reciever though, 6'5 instead of the 6'7 I stated earlier best athletes we faced since week one if you dont think so you wasn't there, mistakes happen for a reason penalties happen for a reason, I'm just glad to have a win and get home, really looking forward to next week, it'll seem like a homecoming compared to tonight

#15 is a d1 commit in ball, my bad he was an awesome reciever though, 6'5 instead of the 6'7 I stated earlier best athletes we faced since week one if you dont think so you wasn't there, mistakes happen for a reason penalties happen for a reason, I'm just glad to have a win and get home, really looking forward to next week, it'll seem like a homecoming compared to tonight
I meant basketball

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
I feel blessed no injuries a good win against a quality team, hope everyone has a great Easter weekend cant wait to ride up to Newland next fri, looking forward to seeing some old friends might skip the sizzlin and give Sandy's some business lol proud of these boys I cherish every snap while mine is still playing thankful I live in Mitchell County I'm gonna be quiet now till playoffs start lol

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Maxpreps has FH 218th in the state.
For comparison Swain is around 230th and Andrews around 150th I think.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Maxpreps has FH 218th in the state.
For comparison Swain is around 230th and Andrews around 150th I think.
And again, what is your point? Mitchell beat an unknown opponent, with less than one days prep, on the road, 14-0. It's a win. I guess we need to put an asterisk beside it with the footnote captioned "Robbinsville beat a better team by more, so therefore they were the supreme overlords of the universe that week".

• Haha
Reactions: Illuminati704
I was only making a comment..wasn't belittling anyone's team..These guys are sooo touchy when it comes to SMC posters..good reason I guess..its how their season ALWAYS ends..

Reactions: BK13T-$
Were you there? That reciever could scream, I was getting a little worried at the end of the second our defense was stellar as usual offense was a little off tonite to be expected after a week off, I can't wait till next week
Yeah. They’re better than their rankings. No different than Hendersonville when athletes got back on that team they beat Pisgah

I can’t believe you guys even worry about Maxpreps rankings when there is no human element when it comes to the rankings. There is no eye ball test.

I can’t believe you guys even worry about Maxpreps rankings when there is no human element when it comes to the rankings. There is no eye ball test.
In times pass Maxpreps was the only rankings to pay attention to since they were used in the playoffs seedings but they're going with a different system starting this fall season. If I'm looking at rankings I look at Maxpreps and the human ones as well because while there is something to the eye ball test there's also with humans sometimes there can be a bias towards schools with a tradition of having a good football program while the computer doesn't take that into account just how the team this season is doing. But with the playoff system changing except for discussion purposes I guess rankings don't mean much anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT