ADVERTISEMENT

2A Mikayla Boykin drops 62 points

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
In the first day of the Kenny Bass Christmas tournament at Hobbton Clinton girls defeat Triton 102-53.....Duke signee Mikayla Boykin had 51 points at halftime finished the game with 62 points 15 rebounds 6 steals.....3rd straight game of scoring atleast 50+......she is worth the price of admission and should be on everyones radar....she maybe the best player in NC regardless of classification

In the first day of the Kenny Bass Christmas tournament at Hobbton Clinton girls defeat Triton 102-53.....Duke signee Mikayla Boykin had 51 points at halftime finished the game with 62 points 15 rebounds 6 steals.....3rd straight game of scoring atleast 50+......she is worth the price of admission and should be on everyones radar....she maybe the best player in NC regardless of classification
Yes, I saw her play tonight and she is as advertised! Also, don't forget about her teammate Alex Canady, who scored 31 tonight. She's a monster in her own right.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Yes, I saw her play tonight and she is as advertised! Also, don't forget about her teammate Alex Canady, who scored 31 tonight. She's a monster in her own right.

That is true may be the best 1-2 punch in the state.....also found out Boykin's 62 points is a NC HS basketball state record breaking Terry Sandfords Shea Ralphs record of 61 back in 1995

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
That is true may be the best 1-2 punch in the state.....also found out Boykin's 62 points is a NC HS basketball state record breaking Terry Sandfords Shea Ralphs record of 61 back in 1995
I remember seeing Shea play in a few games, that young lady was a BEAST!! And at 6 feet tall, she could drive past, shoot over or post up anyone on the court.

I'm very interested in seeing the Clinton/Millbrook game. Going up the 18th ranked team in the country. Let's see how they measure up to the metro teams.

Here is where i think she will need her teammates to step up a bit.....at the end of the day Boykin is going to get hers Cannady is going to step it up but still need that 3rd or 4th player who can contribute......did notice that A. Williams had a solid game in the win last night scoring 15 could be the third option

Last edited:
At this point in time it looks like 95% of the scoring comes from Boykin and Cannady.....against tougher teams fatigue and possible foul trouble someone else has to emerge

If they can get Joyner(#22) to step up they will be even more solid! Joyner is 6'2 and can be a force in the middle, but she plays too soft, and brings the ball down after rebounding rather than keeping the ball high. DH34, you are correct that the other girls have to step up. Perfect example was the East Duplin game. Alex and Mikayla were off until late in the second half, but Ashlyn Williams stepped it up. Williams showed last year that she can score, but I think she is looking more for the assist rather than scoring. If she can score consistently, Clinton will be even tougher to stop.

That is true may be the best 1-2 punch in the state.....also found out Boykin's 62 points is a NC HS basketball state record breaking Terry Sandfords Shea Ralphs record of 61 back in 1995[Wow ..some record...Wish we had her at RSH.....Shea was big time , this girl could be even bigger.....Congratulations .....nuff said..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT