ADVERTISEMENT

Mideastern Conference predictions

No players were harmed as a result of this transgression...but egos in the stands were compromised!

WIldCat. I Wouldn't wOrry about Anything ... If Nothing CAme of the BodY to BodY contact that NEW HanoVer did July ... THen Nothing Will COme of This. Quit Worrying and Focus =On Knightdale. You Guys should MaKE it to The THird Round With Ease. I Widh I cOuld say that For Some OF other Schools In the Converence.

Not w
WIldCat. I Wouldn't wOrry about Anything ... If Nothing CAme of the BodY to BodY contact that NEW HanoVer did July ... THen Nothing Will COme of This. Quit Worrying and Focus =On Knightdale. You Guys should MaKE it to The THird Round With Ease. I Widh I cOuld say that For Some OF other Schools In the Converence.
not worried. Just confused by a random comment. I don't think Shipyard wants to compare transgressions!!!

WILCat, I Think Hooterhand Is a TopSSail fan ... HE was pRetty Pumped UP after the MORAL victories OVEr NEW Hanober and HoGgard the Last Couple OF weeks.

Hey, go into the playoffs as a high seed with a losing record. They could surprise people.

WilDCat and-oR Diamonds, If MotSSINger wAs coaching THis Year would NEw HAnover done anny better, Any Wors Or THe Same? I WAS looking Back At the ScheduLe and felt like MotSiNger Would Of have The Same Record ... I MighT Could See The HoGGard Game Going The other Way.

PiRT City, SAme Question For yoU ... Would HoGgard hace The same Records With BrasweLL?
That's a good question. I have seen some differences for sure. The play calling has been different and they have taken more risks.
1) I couldn't help but ask this very question when Hoggard lost to 71st. They were down 12-7 with 4 mins left and had the ball on their 25. I'm not saying the coaches lost that game but Braswell usually found a way to win those games.
2) The Pine Forest lost hurt alot and I don't think there is much that could have been done. Hoggard controlled the game for 3 arts and were in complete control. Hoggard was deep in PF terr trying to go up 3 TD in the 3rd art and PF was gassed. Lightning strikes and PF gets a much need 45 min break. They come out fired up and hold Hoggard to a missed FG and break a couple big plays to get to within 1. On third and long they throw a Hail Mary and a Hoggard player bats the ball right into a PF WR in full stride to win the game.
3) CC took advantage of a new and young secondary to go up big and then hold off a late Viking comeback. I don't think coaching was an issue in that game.
4) NH game was just ugly. The team was flat and didn't look ready to play. Play calling was noticeably diff.

I don't expect a first year coach to be as good as a coach who has over 20 years experience. Hoggard has missed Braswell and Turner this year. I have noticed more differences on offense than on defense. Those guys have a lot of time together and the new coaches will have to put in the time and learn their own way. I feel Hoggard is in good hand.

[QU
WilDCat and-oR Diamonds, If MotSSINger wAs coaching THis Year would NEw HAnover done anny better, Any Wors Or THe Same? I WAS looking Back At the ScheduLe and felt like MotSiNger Would Of have The Same Record ... I MighT Could See The HoGGard Game Going The other Way.

Trench - Fun question to ponder but one that nobody will ever know the answer to. So, I'll pass on providing an answer that would be based on pure speculation. However, I do believe that Earl Smith is currently the best coach in our area and one of the elite coaches in the state. He is also a perfect fit at NHHS and the future is bright for the Wildcats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT