ADVERTISEMENT

Mideastern Conference predictions

From what I heard he signed an agreement and that's that. He wasn't forced to do it. I don't think I've seen anything like it but hey there's a first for everything.
Hoggard losses a huge weapon in their kicker. Big drop off at that poss. I would think AHS will come out focused and well prepared with what Hoggard will do but they will need points from special teams or defense to keep up.

They were stacking the box last week. Hogs will have to be able to pass to loosen up the d

Looking at SOMe playOff projectioNs ..... Laney isn't goint to make the plaYoffs. THat is amazing to me that they are going have to win the last two gameS to have a Chance. It's Trruly sad That Laney is not More Competitive thN they are. WHAt is problem Over ther? I think ASHley beaTS them next week.

Over the next few years AHS will surpass Laney and will beat them year in and year out until Laney makes some changes.

IT AAPPears tht NEw Hanover and HOGGArd are locks for the playoffs. IS LAnEy in thEe PLAyofF conversation or are they done after this FRIDay?

I have to say that Hotterhand was right. He said Topsail would surprise some this year and they did against NH. Great effort by Topsail.

Port
Shhhh. Laney might wake up and get a real coach!!!. Turner has a lot of culture change to make at Ashley. Do you think he will be that patient?? Or move on to a program he can succeed at??

I don't see Turner leaving. He loves the area and he isn't in it for the money. He has done a wonderful job there. As for Laney, what if AHS beats them Friday? Not good!

Port
Laney/Ashley. Who ya got? Can Ashley stop Watkins?
I think Laney wins but if AHS can get some points off turnovers or special teams they might be able to pull the upset. AHS will need to get some quick defensive stops, so that they don't wear down by the 4th. I look for a very tight game the first half.

New Hanover topped South Brunswick to win the JV Conference Title 49-7. Undefeated in the conference.

Congrats to the Varsity Wildcats for winning the conference, just a formality now. Sorry South Brunswick.

Port,
That one running back has break away speed. They can control the ball and keep it away from your offense. We let them stay in the game too long and that's dangerous. They started to believe they could win. Can't let them eat up the clock and then score.

Our conf has the best finish in the state. NH vs SB and Hoggard vs Topsail. I don't think anyone will be at the SC-RC game, they will be at our two games.

WILDCat, I'm hearing YOU guys could win the Conference nect year too. JV QB is killing it ... I Guess he will piCK up Whghere Estes Has left off. IS he the Tiht End's brother>

Port - If you would like to see the NH-Hoggard game played the last week of the season (like it should be) then make your feelings known to the "administration" at Hoggard. At the scheduling meeting to set the 2015 and 2016 conference schedules, NH wanted the NH-Hoggard game moved back to the last week of the season where it has traditionally been played and Hoggard did not. That is coming from well connected sources at several MEC schools.

It is also interesting to note that for the 2015 and 2016 seasons, Hoggard is scheduled to play SB in game 1 and then they play LHS, WB, AHS and THS the week after all of those teams play NH. This means that Hoggard gets NH game tape from every conference game NH plays except the NH-SB game because they get the game tape from the prior game of their opponent. NH does not get any game tape of Hoggard after the NH-Hoggard game but Hoggard gets 4 NH game tapes. That is a big advantage for Hoggard if NH and Hoggard meet in the playoffs. I realize that there are few secretes between NH and Hoggard but the Hoggard coaches will study NH weekly after the NH-Hoggard game in preparing to game plan against LHS, WB, AHS and THS. That matters and is an advantage for Hoggard.

It also means that Hoggard gets to play LHS, WB, AHS and THS the week after those teams play a physical NH team. For example, Hoggard played Laney with the Bucs missing 3-4 starters who were banged up in the Laney-NH game including Watkins who is one of the best backs in the MEC. It makes a difference.

On the other hand, every NH conference opponent (obviously with the exception of SB) plays SB the week before they play NH. This means that teams like Hoggard and Laney can sit out or limit starters who are banged up the week before they play NH. It makes a difference and is an advantage for those teams.

I do give a 'tip of the cap" to Hoggard for getting the schedule exactly how they wanted it. Well played. Unfortunately for the Vikings, it is not going to be enough to keep NH from winning the MEC title tonight. Maybe Hoggard can continue studying the abundance of NH tape they have been given and be better prepared for a rematch in the playoffs. We shall see.

Last edited:
I Thought CoacHEs were only allowed the Proior TWo weeks of Games .... AS far as trading FilMs. DiaMOnds, Has theT Rule changed?

It may still be two weeks. Either way my point is the same. Hoggard gets to see NH tape for 4 NH games (the NH games against LHS, WB, AHS and THS) AFTER the NH-Hoggard game while NH gets ZERO Hoggard tapes after the NH-Hoggard game.

I should also add that the schedule conveniently has Hoggard open the week of the NH-Laney game which is the week after the NH-Hoggard game and the week before the Hoggard-Laney game. This allows the Hoggard staff to scout Laney (and NH) in person while NH is roughing up the Bucs the week before the Bucs go play Hoggard. It also allows Hoggard an open week to lick their wounds after the NH-Hoggard game.

You have to take a minute or two to study this schedule and when you do you will see that it is frankly impossible for Hoggard to have a more favorable scenario with respect to the conference schedule. My intuition tells me this was not an accident. Again, I tip my cap.

dIAmonds, you have really done sone Good research On this ... I'M orry this bothers you and Undwerstand your concerm. When THings bohtet me ... JIm BeAM always has the answer. Hang in tHe dIAmonds

WILDCat, I'm hearing YOU guys could win the Conference nect year too. JV QB is killing it ... I Guess he will piCK up Whghere Estes Has left off. IS he the Tiht End's brother>
Trench
The JV QB for most of the year has Beem Meehan. Walston jr is a freshman QB/wr who came in and threw 5 TD passes in the first half against Topsail. Hanover has 2 junior QBs who I assume would be the front runners. Meehan would be a Junior and has matured greatly during the year both in arm strength and decision making. Not sure what position Walston will end up at. Just an all around athlete.

Trench - Lay off the Beam and your typing skills may improve.

Just kidding. I actually like your posts.

As for the scheduling issue, I am not too concerned about it because it really is not going to effect what I expect to see happen in the MEC over the next several years.

WildCat, THanks ... THe guY I talked to SAId that Walston looks the partANd said MeeHan is good, but very SMAll. HOW is Meehan's PArents Doing?

Diamond
Isn't this the same order as last year playing conference games? Thought it was supposed to rotate one team every year? Who managed to get that changed? Also have played Laney away 2 years in a row.
Is it any coincidence Hoggard wanted to play NH 1st conference game after NH's difficult non- conference schedule including Havelock and Scotland County?

WildCat, THanks ... THe guY I talked to SAId that Walston looks the partANd said MeeHan is good, but very SMAll. HOW is Meehan's PArents Doing?
Meehan is no smaller than Estes. Very few QBs are 6'3" range as a freshman. Meehan leadership and confidence has grown immensely over the course do the season.

Congrats to Hoggard for overpowering the piratesyes

Yes I do

WhO did THey SURPRise? WEST Brunswick si Probably their BEst win this YEar. UH .... YOu counting MORAL victORies, NEw HanoVEr and HOggard aRE stil a Mark on the Right sIDe of the column. You BEEn Drinking Some OF my JIm BEAm ... LOL, I NotiCed the bottle IS a little bit lower than Normal tonight. ALL kidding ASide HooterHand, THe LASt Two games are something POsitive for YOuR Pirates to build on. GOOD luck in the PlayhoFFs and GOOD Night.

Congratulations to New Hanover for taking care of business last night beating South Brunswick 48-0 to win the MEC Conference Championship. Played 4 different quarterbacks last night and the last touchdown was scored by mostly JV players brought up for the playoffs. Future looks bright at New Hanover!!!!

Congrats to NH for winning the conf. They will have a shot at a #1 seed in the playoffs. I think they have improved since conf play but it's hard to say with the lack of quality teams in our conf. I have the same concern for Hoggard.

Port
Looked like you had a shot at new bern again in the preliminary bracket. That would have been a good gate. Isn't it amazing Conley and New Bern rematch. Makes you wonder??

Port
Looked like you had a shot at new bern again in the preliminary bracket. That would have been a good gate. Isn't it amazing Conley and New Bern rematch. Makes you wonder??
I would think the players from last year would have loved a crack at NB after getting blown out last year.

How many Jv kids did New Hanover bring up for the South game? They might have violated the 8 qtr rule.

I Know Watching ON thr NEws That Esrl Smith Said that HE had to bRing Up some Jv inemen For the ToPSail GamE Due o Injuries. DID those linemen play n Other games earlier in the Year viking 90210?

I think they brought backups up for the topsail game. Back to all Jrs and seniors OL for South Brunswick. Just played everyone. 4th qtr put in the players he brought up for the playoffs. No scandals there. Ready for Friday night .

The one Junior JV lineman that came up for Topsail didn't dress JV against south Brunswick. Stayed on varsity. That's what seems to cause the most issues is the juniors. Once you dress for varsity you can't go back to JV. Whether you play or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT