ADVERTISEMENT

Middle Creek 33 Rocky Mount 15

1955Wildcat

Aug 21, 2011
Sloppy first game for both sides. Middle Creek will have to clean up a lot, but a least 1-0.

The positives:
1. QB Ihle throws a very catchable ball. Good arm strength when he steps in. Quick enough release. Not as quick of foot as DS last year, but ran pretty well and had 2 rushing TDs. Threw a pick six.
2. #21 is an athlete and needs as many touches as possible.
3. Defense front 7 played great. Quick and hit well. Other than the pick six, only have up 8 points.

Developmental opportunities:
1. Secondary is awful.
2. Trouble run blocking.
3. Kicking errors.
4. Play calling was not good. Only threw one ball over the middle despite RM flooding the flats.

Overall, typical first game. Will have to play much better against Heritage.

As you know, Middle Creek will play an entirely different defensive scheme against Heritage. I was surprised that MC had their safeties lined up in the LB slots when it was 3rd down and 30!!! Guess what happened. That was crazy...I understand 8 in the box when you're playing a team that runs 95 percent of the time BUT 8 in the box on 3rd and 30? MC is a more for disciplined this year. Last year MC was the most heavily penalized team in the State. NO PERSONAL FOUL PENALTIES last night. I used to get excited when MC had only 3 personal fouls and under 200 yards in penalties in a game. That was considered a clean game. Last year they had 24 penalties, 14 of them holding IN THE FIRST HALF against Athens Drive and still mercy ruled them by halftime!! Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT