ADVERTISEMENT

Mid State Conference

RR336

May 25, 2018
It’s early but who do y’all have?

NE has potential with some good defensive players? Do they have the Offense?

NG is getting better with a strong D. 2 QBs how does that work for them?

Roxboro with the big guy on D, do they have anything else?

Rock Co? Good Rb and change in culture?

West. Alamance, lots of talent graduating?

East. Alamance, always good with Coach K?

Morehead and McMichael? Do they have a chance?

NE - Always has talent and losing a Sr. QB that could run will be missed. I am sure Coach Bates will coach them up and they will be in the mix.

NG - as stated above they will have a strong D that will keep in games. As for the 2 Sr. QBs wouldn't surprise me is you saw Flippen and Lenard on the field at the same time, also have another QB that will be a Soph. waiting in the wings. If they can get a solid OL play and have a running game going this year and give D a break they will be a contender.

Person - Don't know much about the team other than they have a D1 prospect that plays DL. Graduated 20 Sr. so they will have their work cut out.

Rock - Gradated 21 Sr. Had a great year last year for first year HC Baker. He is a good coach and I am sure he will have them ready to go, but they may be lacking that big Sr. class this year. I figure they will be in the mix.

WA - Graduated a GREAT team from last year but they have a bunch of rising Sr. as well. Always a well coached team and certainly will be a factor at the top.

EA - What??!!! Graduating 35 Sr. Even with that I don't think the cupboard has ever been real empty. Coach Kirby is a great coach and they will be at the top as well battling it out.

Morehead - will have a good size Sr. class with some really good size on the OL and DL we will have to wait and see if they will be able to take advantage of that this year. Expecting about the same results as last year.

McMichael - Another big Sr. class graduating. This will be a young team and they always have size up front and some good athletes. With their 3rd coach in as many years they will have their work cut out for them.

I will go as follows...
Top - WA, EA, NG
Mid - NE, Rock, Person
Bottom - McMichael and Morehead

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT