Asheboro vs Randleman

Thank God football's back!

Reagan
SWG
Ledford
CD
WM
Randleman

North Davidson: I'm hearing good things about the Black Knights, even though they lost their #1 WR and QB from the spring. Having four returning offensive linemen doesn't hurt, and neither does having one of the best linebackers in the area. Another transfer from Lexington is the starting running back and backup QB. The schedule is strong but they should be fighting for the championship again in their new conference.

Oak Grove: word is they have a freshman starting at RB to take over from Shewcow. The QB got experience taking over after the JV season was over last year. Speaking of JV, Oak Grove hasn't lost in 2-3 years so that speaks well for their future in some aspect. They won their first conference title two years ago, first ever playoff game last year and now get to test their mettle as a 3A school. The program seems to be getting off to a good start, a testament to the coaching staff.

Ledford: new coach, but not really. I dont expect much to change for the Panthers. They have a good junior QB who has been on the varsity since he was a freshman. Ledford gave up more points than usual this past spring. If their defense returns to old form, expect them to have a big say in the conference title convo. I could honestly see a three way tie for first with this trio of rivals.

Asheboro: building from the ground up, I know the Comets have talent but we shall see how quickly their coach can get things going.

Montgomery Central: landed one of the most respected coaches in the state. Not sure how long it will take the players to learn his system, but the future looks bright for the new program if Pinecrest is any indication from where they started when he got there....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT