ADVERTISEMENT

MICS vs. TJA

I want MicDonalds to come to ledger. Let my Mountaineers show them what a TEAM is. Those little cRaptors will be trying fight more than just their own coaches back to that charter bus.

Mountie come on I thought better of you. I'm not one to get caught up in all the over the top banter but be careful what you ask for.

So you are a snob? Nothing wrong for anyone to work at Bojangles. Too bad your own arrogance looks down on people working fast food. Expect nothing less from you.

Again you ignore the statement that Mickey Mouse Island Charter promotes individuals over team performance.

Enjoy your 3rd place participation trophy.

Let's talk facts. MICS is 25- 11 in only 3 years of football with 100 percent players graduation rate and have sent over 15 players not counting this year to college to play football. Let me add in a average GPA of 3.0. That's what I call TEAM SUCCESS. It's called balance. The conference titles and championship will come.

Make sure you tell them to keep those gravy biscuits hot and ready.

Mountie come on I thought better of you. I'm not one to get caught up in all the over the top banter but be careful what you ask for.

Nope no big internet talk. I want to see the raptors in action. And if maybe, just maybe, they beat Mitchell, then so be it. But it ain't gonna happen. No line+no defense=no success against the Mountaineers.

Let's talk facts. MICS is 25- 11 in only 3 years of football with 100 percent players graduation rate and have sent over 15 players not counting this year to college to play football. Let me add in a average GPA of 3.0. That's what I call TEAM SUCCESS. It's called balance. The conference titles and championship will come.

Make sure you tell them to keep those gravy biscuits hot and ready.

Fact....MICS gets a third place conference participation trophy. Biggest win was against Union Academy. By seven points.

Again....football is a TEAM SPORT. It's not about individuals.

These old boys will be ready for it. I know you're not a troll Gunz, so I'm saying this as a non- troll, Mitchell would smack the hound out of MICS. I contend that MICS has done alot in 3 years, but their line will be the demise this November. The mountaineer defense would pick apart any passing game that the raptors could throw at em, and Burris, while a promising good talent, would gain less than 100 yards. Mountain Island is similar to Polk in style and talent this year, and our defense walked out of Little Big House with 2 interceptions and 6 sacks (5 by 1 player). They don't have a CB that can cover our #4 and #7, not to mention anyone tall enough to cover #5, and our #20 would stiff arm a defensive end so hard it would dislocate his shoulder. (Happened twice already) #2 can find a hole as quick as anyone in 1a, and is good for 5 yards all day. Last year you guys would have given us a game, and probably won, but not this year.

Fact....MICS gets a third place conference participation trophy. Biggest win was against Union Academy. By seven points.

Again....football is a TEAM SPORT. It's not about individuals.

Clearly you're slow and this is personal to you. So I will keep repeating it. Let's talk TEAM success. MICS is 25- 11 in only 3 years of football with 100 percent players graduation rate and have sent over 15 players not counting this year to college to play football. Let me add in a average GPA of 3.0. That's what I call TEAM SUCCESS. It's called balance in TEAM SPORTS.

These old boys will be ready for it. I know you're not a troll Gunz, so I'm saying this as a non- troll, Mitchell would smack the hound out of MICS. I contend that MICS has done alot in 3 years, but their line will be the demise this November. The mountaineer defense would pick apart any passing game that the raptors could throw at em, and Burris, while a promising good talent, would gain less than 100 yards. Mountain Island is similar to Polk in style and talent this year, and our defense walked out of Little Big House with 2 interceptions and 6 sacks (5 by 1 player). They don't have a CB that can cover our #4 and #7, not to mention anyone tall enough to cover #5, and our #20 would stiff arm a defensive end so hard it would dislocate his shoulder. (Happened twice already) #2 can find a hole as quick as anyone in 1a, and is good for 5 yards all day. Last year you guys would have given us a game, and probably won, but not this year.

I know you're excited about your team. Let's just let it play out on the field.

So are the stats on Max Preps wrong? Says you only have 3 sacks all year. Don't start acting/talking like Rich now.

Perhaps...

but might be onto something?

Oh by the way if you didn't know you are the "well written" one. The one that a person can have a discussion with, usually.

Nice try but that guy isn't a mics fan and I said that last year. Only a fool would be entertained by that clown. I've never seen any real fan that over the top.

So are the stats on Max Preps wrong? Says you only have 3 sacks all year. Don't start acting/talking like Rich now.

If that's what is says, then yeah, it's wrong. Trevor Self had 5 sacks against Polk. We've had around 10 interceptions, 4 pick 6's on the season.

Clearly you're slow and this is personal to you. So I will keep repeating it. Let's talk TEAM success. MICS is 25- 11 in only 3 years of football with 100 percent players graduation rate and have sent over 15 players not counting this year to college to play football. Let me add in a average GPA of 3.0. That's what I call TEAM SUCCESS. It's called balance in TEAM SPORTS.

And MICS gets to add a 3rd place participation trophy after bragging that MICS would dominate 1A. LOL

This is sad. I'm noit sure why everyone hates MICS. We are nothing but respectful when we go to another schools! Our coaches do not allow us to get on social media and bash people. They tell us not to feed into it. But I would like to clear up some things. There is more than "3 special" players on my team. 3 players cannot win a game. We are a team and takes all of us. We have talent and people want to be here because of the oppertunities we can have. If we work hard and do the right thing then they will help us in any way. They teach education first because that can never be taken away. We have mandatory study hall every day before football. Over half the team is in honor's classes. We help each other and are family. I thank God every day that I have my brothers and coaches backing me. As far as the so can!led fight, that does not happen. You did not see everything so please don't keep adding to what its not. He has some things to work through and family does not give up. We played a horrib!e game Friday worst ever prolly. Its on us not our coaches. Co!!age is not for everyone but education should come first. They teach us to be honest hard workers and serve and give back. Just one last thought. Its funny how the p!Ayers move on but the so called aduls are still! Talking trash like theyare the ones played. Maybe you could spend your time better volunteering in your community or doing something that matters.

Reactions: Smoking Gunz
And MICS gets to add a 3rd place participation trophy after bragging that MICS would dominate 1A. LOL

No real fan bragged. Let's talk TEAM success. MICS is 25- 11 in only 3 years of football with 100 percent players graduation rate and have sent over 15 players not counting this year to college to play football. Let me add in a average GPA of 3.0. That's what I call TEAM SUCCESS. It's called balance in TEAM SPORTS.

No real fan bragged. Let's talk TEAM success. MICS is 25- 11 in only 3 years of football with 100 percent players graduation rate and have sent over 15 players not counting this year to college to play football. Let me add in a average GPA of 3.0. That's what I call TEAM SUCCESS. It's called balance in TEAM SPORTS.

LOL

Let's talk TEAM success. MICS is 25- 11 in only 3 years of football with 100 percent players graduation rate and have sent over 15 players not counting this year to college to play football. Let me add in a average GPA of 3.0. That's what I call TEAM SUCCESS. It's called balance in TEAM SPORTS.

This is sad. I'm noit sure why everyone hates MICS. We are nothing but respectful when we go to another schools! Our coaches do not allow us to get on social media and bash people. They tell us not to feed into it. But I would like to clear up some things. There is more than "3 special" players on my team. 3 players cannot win a game. We are a team and takes all of us. We have talent and people want to be here because of the oppertunities we can have. If we work hard and do the right thing then they will help us in any way. They teach education first because that can never be taken away. We have mandatory study hall every day before football. Over half the team is in honor's classes. We help each other and are family. I thank God every day that I have my brothers and coaches backing me. As far as the so can!led fight, that does not happen. You did not see everything so please don't keep adding to what its not. He has some things to work through and family does not give up. We played a horrib!e game Friday worst ever prolly. Its on us not our coaches. Co!!age is not for everyone but education should come first. They teach us to be honest hard workers and serve and give back. Just one last thought. Its funny how the p!Ayers move on but the so called aduls are still! Talking trash like theyare the ones played. Maybe you could spend your time better volunteering in your community or doing something that matters.

This is the real story. Keep up the good work

Let's talk TEAM success. MICS is 25- 11 in only 3 years of football with 100 percent players graduation rate and have sent over 15 players not counting this year to college to play football. Let me add in a average GPA of 3.0. That's what I call TEAM SUCCESS. It's called balance in TEAM SPORTS.

Blah blah blah 25-11 blah blah blah 3.0 GPA blah blah blah sent to college blah bla blah

All with a third place participation trophy. With how you brag about MICS you would think they were Mater Dei. MICS could not beat two teams in their own conference!

You fellas are starting to feel like a bad ex girlfriend. As much as I want to move on and do something more constructive with my life, I just keep coming back because it’s so much fun. First, to the young man that came on here defending his program, we don’t hate you guys at all. The focus on education and service are the right messages you should be receiving from your coaches. I don’t think anyone on here has anything against you players. Your buddy Blackman is the one stoking the fires against the MIC program. Obviously, he’s all about the show, and lacks substance. I also appreciate you taking up for your teammate. That’s the right thing to do. My concern is not so much with the player acting out as it is the coach. His behavior was not okay, and you should never allow a coach to treat you or a fellow player that way. Stand up for your brothers. The coach is a grown man and should know how to handle that type of situation without getting physical with a player. If not, he shouldn’t be coaching.

Reactions: The Lake Man
You fellas are starting to feel like a bad ex girlfriend. As much as I want to move on and do something more constructive with my life, I just keep coming back because it’s so much fun. First, to the young man that came on here defending his program, we don’t hate you guys at all. The focus on education and service are the right messages you should be receiving from your coaches. I don’t think anyone on here has anything against you players. Your buddy Blackman is the one stoking the fires against the MIC program. Obviously, he’s all about the show, and lacks substance. I also appreciate you taking up for your teammate. That’s the right thing to do. My concern is not so much with the player acting out as it is the coach. His behavior was not okay, and you should never allow a coach to treat you or a fellow player that way. Stand up for your brothers. The coach is a grown man and should know how to handle that type of situation without getting physical with a player. If not, he shouldn’t be coaching.

If you do not know the facts don't speak on them. What you think happened never happen and I won't go into details about it. The young man said it didn't happen and you still keeping on with it. I get the agenda you're pushing but stop it. I told you and others that Blackman is not a real mics fan but you still entertain that crap. At this point you're no different from that freak show that's posing as a mics fan. Move on

Blah blah blah 25-11 blah blah blah 3.0 GPA blah blah blah sent to college blah bla blah

All with a third place participation trophy. With how you brag about MICS you would think they were Mater Dei. MICS could not beat two teams in their own conference!

Again I never bragged on mics. You talking about a poster that by now it's clear is not a real mics fan. You mentioned team success right? Blah blah when the facts are presented. What is funny is you and that nut job have the same agenda. Now back to the facts

Again I never bragged on mics. You talking about a poster that by now it's clear is not a real mics fan. You mentioned team success right? Blah blah when the facts are presented. What is funny is you and that nut job have the same agenda. Now back to the facts

Blah blah blah 25-11 blah blah blah

Stop bragging.

Do you like apples? Your team is 7-3 and finished in 3rd place. How do you like dem apples???

Very well stated.

Here come the hard facts that Smoking Gunz doesn’t want to talk about. And Gunz I don’t dispute your numbers. In fact I really like the 3.0 GPA stat. Yes, MIC is a 3 year old program, but they are not your typical startup. The program started out with D1 caliber athletes who transferred in from a Southlake Christian program that was shut down due to a scandal in the school administration. Nothing to do with the football program. However, the little ol football program of MIC ended up with a big head start in the 1A world. I don’t see an issue with that. The kids needed a place to play and they picked MIC because it was close and they could help build a program. Now here’s the issue, and I’ve brought it up multiple times but nobody wants to address the elephant in the room, MIC didn’t just build around those couple of players that came over from SLC. They went out recruiting other schools players that were involved in 7 on 7 tournaments with the aforementioned kids from SLC. Here are some facts about the MIC roster: (new = not on previous year’s roster)

- 2015 (1st year) – 3 sophomores, 11 juniors

- 2016 – 8 juniors (5 new), 17 seniors (11 new)

- 2017 – 24 juniors (10 new), 8 seniors (1 new, #3 who is a huge factor on off and def)

So what do we take away from these facts? MIC does have a winning record. But how are they getting it done? Are they developing players and doing the hard work investing in them? The numbers don’t really support that. Of the 15 freshman that were on the team in 2015 only 8 are still there as juniors, and only 2 of the 3 sophomores. So how do you get so many talented players to transfer to an upstart 1A program? I don’t know, but maybe someone should look into it. It must be the brand new stadium, and flashy uniforms. Kids love that kind of stuff.

I think the players should definitely celebrate what they’ve done on the field. They won the games fair and square. You can’t take that away. But the coaches (I’m looking at you Gunz and Rich) need to throttle back the “look what we’ve built” talk. You’ve built a house of cards dependent on you poaching players. That strategy works as long as you can keep it up. The problem is your class sizes have to keep increasing in order to get these new kids in to a charter school by the lottery system. And what do larger class sizes mean?? Uh oh, you have to start playing with the big boys. Soon you will be 1AA, and not long after that the dreaded 2A. I’ve seen the Shelby program up close. I promise you guys aren’t any where close to being ready for that. Their JV team would send you home crying in your Ferrari. The wheels fall off at that point. No kid will want to transfer into a losing program. Rethink it fellas. Do it the right way.

If you do not know the facts don't speak on them. What you think happened never happen and I won't go into details about it. The young man said it didn't happen and you still keeping on with it. I get the agenda you're pushing but stop it. I told you and others that Blackman is not a real mics fan but you still entertain that crap. At this point you're no different from that freak show that's posing as a mics fan. Move on

What didn't happen? We ALL saw it freaking happen. A MICS coach shoved a player. I don't care if the young man said it "didn't happen" because almost every TJ fan in the stands saw it and many were saying that coach should have been arrested.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Lake Man
Here come the hard facts that Smoking Gunz doesn’t want to talk about. And Gunz I don’t dispute your numbers. In fact I really like the 3.0 GPA stat. Yes, MIC is a 3 year old program, but they are not your typical startup. The program started out with D1 caliber athletes who transferred in from a Southlake Christian program that was shut down due to a scandal in the school administration. Nothing to do with the football program. However, the little ol football program of MIC ended up with a big head start in the 1A world. I don’t see an issue with that. The kids needed a place to play and they picked MIC because it was close and they could help build a program. Now here’s the issue, and I’ve brought it up multiple times but nobody wants to address the elephant in the room, MIC didn’t just build around those couple of players that came over from SLC. They went out recruiting other schools players that were involved in 7 on 7 tournaments with the aforementioned kids from SLC. Here are some facts about the MIC roster: (new = not on previous year’s roster)

- 2017 – 24 juniors (10 new), 8 seniors (1 new, #3 who is a huge factor on off and def)

So what do we take away from these facts? MIC does have a winning record. But how are they getting it done? Are they developing players and doing the hard work investing in them? The numbers don’t really support that. Of the 15 freshman that were on the team in 2015 only 8 are still there as juniors, and only 2 of the 3 sophomores. So how do you get so many talented players to transfer to an upstart 1A program? I don’t know, but maybe someone should look into it. It must be the brand new stadium, and flashy uniforms. Kids love that kind of stuff.

I think the players should definitely celebrate what they’ve done on the field. They won the games fair and square. You can’t take that away. But the coaches (I’m looking at you Gunz and Rich) need to throttle back the “look what we’ve built” talk. You’ve built a house of cards dependent on you poaching players. That strategy works as long as you can keep it up. The problem is your class sizes have to keep increasing in order to get these new kids in to a charter school by the lottery system. And what do larger class sizes mean?? Uh oh, you have to start playing with the big boys. Soon you will be 1AA, and not long after that the dreaded 2A. I’ve seen the Shelby program up close. I promise you guys aren’t any where close to being ready for that. Their JV team would send you home crying in your Ferrari. The wheels fall off at that point. No kid will want to transfer into a losing program. Rethink it fellas. Do it the right way.

Bingo!

What didn't happen? We ALL saw it f**king happen. A MICS coach shoved a player. I don't care if the young man said it "didn't happen" because almost every TJ fan in the stands saw it and many were saying that coach should have been arrested.

Unfortunately, I saw it as well (hundreds of fans saw it). The kid made a bad decision that cost his team a penalty early in the game. As he was leaving the field, what appeared to be a MICS coach grabbed him by the jersey/shoulder pads and was shaking and berating him. The kid responded and starting throwing punches...eventually, several other coaches intervened and calmed things down. I don't blame the player as the game will raise emotions but the coach should have known better. Don't know who the coach was but he should never be allowed on the MICS sideline again...never. Any other decision by the head football coach is an embarrassment to the players, coaches and families of MICS. We all make mistakes and I trust that the head coach of MICS has already made the right decision (only the MICS fans and players will know). Nothing more to say about this. Let's focus on the playoffs!

Reactions: dmcamp
Coach Washington, you're doing a great job for the kids individually that are somewhat good, but creating a horrible environment by allowing your coaches to try and recruit players from your competitors. It's funny how in a school with a lottery system, players y'all promise a chance to play at the school get in.

My 2 cents worth.

Reactions: dmcamp

You guys are way to vested into this conversation. You just typed a bunch of emotion. To sit up here and continue to go on emotional tirades speaks volumes and it makes you no different than rich blackman.

You guys are way to vested into this conversation. You just typed a bunch of emotion. To sit up here and continue to go on emotional tirades speaks volumes and it makes you no different than rich blackman.
I don't know. I thought his numbers made for an interesting read. They don't seem as much emotional as statistical?

Now toward the end he may have become a little more animated in his advice for the future of the program.

However he did use what I would consider complete sentences as well as punctuation. In my book that makes him quite different than Mr. Blackman.

Coach Washington, you're doing a great job for the kids individually that are somewhat good, but creating a horrible environment by allowing your coaches to try and recruit players from your competitors. It's funny how in a school with a lottery system, players y'all promise a chance to play at the school get in.

My 2 cents worth.

Nice try blues clues. You don't have a clue and this just goes to show the length some will go to trash others behind a computer screen. These people have done nothing to you. This is pure hatred at it's finest.

I don't know. I thought his numbers made for an interesting read. They don't seem as much emotional as statistical?

Now toward the end he may have become a little more animated in his advice for the future of the program.

However he did use what I would consider complete sentences as well as punctuation. In my book that makes him quite different than Mr. Blackman.

No different than Blackman. I'm leaving Rich and the rest of you clowns to this public circus you got going on. Too much hidden hatred aimed at too many innocent people.

No different than Blackman. I'm leaving Rich and the rest of you clowns to this public circus you got going on. Too much hidden hatred aimed at too many innocent people.
Clowns?

Hidden hatred?

Really?

I personally have no idea where school in question is even located. As many across the state I find charters kind of an enigma. Their "lottery systems" for athletes are akin to the Maxpreps "secret formula" for rankings to me.

I honestly found the post above on the numbers for that football team very interesting.

If that makes me a clown then so be it.

LOL MICS fans and coaches alike trying to act like victims...y'all brought it on yourselves.

Camp who played the victim? I was the first to sit up here and congratulate your team on the victory. I think some of this stuff is over the top both ways. Don't add to this mess. You sat here on this thread and called players out. Not one time did I call your team out for having the Gardner Webb band playing at your game and #14 not having a sniff from them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT