ADVERTISEMENT

MICS vs. TJA

wncbowhunter

Dec 21, 2002
Hey Rich or Gunz, curious about this game. With TJA beating BC last night does TJA have anything for MICS?

Not trying to start anything here is trying to find out more about TJA. Looks like MICS has turned it up on offense.

This game will have major playoff implications. With a MICS win who would get the #1 seed?

just my quess with a 3 way tie: conference draw breaks it...then good 'ole maxpreps computer does its thing

Does TJ have anything for MICS?? I don't know...they just beat BC 26-14. TJ held BC to 139 passing (78 yards on 2nd play from scrimmage) and 74 yards rushing on 38 carries. BC's offense has averaged 300+ yards rushing a game this season. TJ's front 7 is really good and the secondary can make some plays too. Against Bessemer City's 4th ranked defense (PPG), QB Nomi McMullens had 225 yards (10-18) passing and 115 yards rushing (16 carries).

TJ is 9-0, the game will be at home on Senior night, probably in front of one of the largest home crowds "ever," so yes TJ has something for MICS. Whether or not TJ can pull it out will be decided next Friday. Both teams are playing for a lot. MICS is playing to try to force a 3-way tie for the Conference championship. TJ is playing for sole possession of the conference championship, and its first undefeated regular season in the history of the football program. Considering that TJ beat BC, it shouldn't really be a question of whether or not TJ has "anything" for MICS...it's obvious they do...

Very few people picked TJ to beat Bessemer. Not a single person in the Charlotte Observer did, though they probably just picked BC because TJCA is a charter school. TJ is quitely one of the best schools in 1A football, beating a top 10 team (based on NCPreps and CarolinaPreps rankings) at home. If TJ does pull of the win over MICS, it probably won't be too quiet anymore.

Last edited:
@dmcamp..... you sound like a male cheerleader. MICS is the most feared team in the small 1A. TJA is only getting press cause there playing us. This will be a good game but MICS has to much fire power. With real DB's who can intercept the ball. TJ's pass game will be tested. By the way Murphy what a way to choke last night. The best Murphy team ever lol. You guys had your chest stuck out. Dude running the wrong way with the ball. Sounds like a scene in the show bloopers.

I said it back in the summer, TJ would have their best season ever and win the conference. The Gryphons have been quiet, but they can rattle some cages come playoff time.

Reactions: dmcamp
Hey Rich or Gunz, curious about this game. With TJA beating BC last night does TJA have anything for MICS?

Not trying to start anything here is trying to find out more about TJA. Looks like MICS has turned it up on offense.

This game will have major playoff implications. With a MICS win who would get the #1 seed?

TJ always have something. The players play hard. Both teams are playing well and it should be a great game. This conference is much tougher than preseason projections.

This conference is about match ups. BC don't match up well with TJ. MICS don't matchup well against BC. MICS and TJ match up better against each other.

Not sure about the #1 seed. It will come down to Maxpreps rankings.

Last edited:
Reactions: wncbowhunter
Bessemer City's defense tested your offense...what was it... 4 interceptions??? MICS had one interception...

Despite the score MICS offense was productive against BC. MICS lead in yards. The game came down to not kicking to #6 and 2pt conversions.
Does TJ have anything for MICS?? I don't know...they just beat BC 26-14. TJ held BC to 139 passing (78 yards on 2nd play from scrimmage) and 74 yards rushing on 38 carries. BC's offense has averaged 300+ yards rushing a game this season. TJ's front 7 is really good and the secondary can make some plays too. Against Bessemer City's 4th ranked defense (PPG), QB Nomi McMullens had 225 yards (10-18) passing and 115 yards rushing (16 carries).

TJ is 9-0, the game will be at home on Senior night, probably in front of one of the largest home crowds "ever," so yes TJ has something for MICS. Whether or not TJ can pull it out will be decided next Friday. Both teams are playing for a lot. MICS is playing to try to force a 3-way tie for the Conference championship. TJ is playing for sole possession of the conference championship, and its first undefeated regular season in the history of the football program. Considering that TJ beat BC, it shouldn't really be a question of whether or not TJ has "anything" for MICS...it's obvious they do...

Very few people picked TJ to beat Bessemer. Not a single person in the Charlotte Observer did, though they probably just picked BC because TJCA is a charter school. TJ is quitely one of the best schools in 1A football, beating a top 10 team (based on NCPreps and CarolinaPreps rankings) at home. If TJ does pull of the win over MICS, it probably won't be too quiet anymore.

Camper welcome to the board.

Despite the score MICS offense was productive against BC. MICS lead in yards. The game came down to not kicking to #6 and 2pt conversions.

Camper welcome to the board.

Yeah...and my bad. I was looking at the Max preps stats wrong. It was 4 PD not ints

TJ always have something. The players play hard. Both teams are playing well and it should be a great game. This conference is much tougher than preseason projections.

This conference is about match ups. BC don't match up well with TJ. MICS don't matchup well against BC. MICS and TJ match up better against each other.

Not sure about the #1 seed. It will come down to Maxpreps rankings.

Completely agree with you on the matchups

@dmcamp..... you sound like a male cheerleader. MICS is the most feared team in the small 1A. TJA is only getting press cause there playing us. This will be a good game but MICS has to much fire power. With real DB's who can intercept the ball. TJ's pass game will be tested. By the way Murphy what a way to choke last night. The best Murphy team ever lol. You guys had your chest stuck out. Dude running the wrong way with the ball. Sounds like a scene in the show bloopers.
A team with as much firepower as you say MIC has should be undefeated!

Reactions: Champ_24 and dmcamp
Completely agree with you on the matchups

No matter who wins this matchup it's a win for CHARTERS. TJ face the same stuff as MICS. Local teams not wanting to play because the dislike for Charters. TJ and MICS will play bracket buster in 1A every year.

Look a here a Crest fan talking about another team should be undefeated. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Lol the Richman told us how awesome MIC was so I don’t understand Why they’ve lost a game.

@Crestuff.... We lost with all that fire power because of special teams. Both losts came down to that. Now that being cleared up, the balanced attack is a force. TJA looks good to the casual on-looker. WR's coming off the ball with a free release. Makes average WR look great. But when you match athletes against athletes. You'll see what there made of. Everything TJA can do Mics does it better. The Swag we got they want it. Mics is the real (We're Authentic) .... TJA are like a pair fake Jordan's, knockoffs,bootleg. Mics is going show you how to jump from free throw line.

Reactions: Old-A-Dog
@Crestuff.... We lost with all that fire power because of special teams. Both losts came down to that. Now that being cleared up, the balanced attack is a force. TJA looks good to the casual on-looker. WR's coming off the ball with a free release. Makes average WR look great. But when you match athletes against athletes. You'll see what there made of. Everything TJA can do Mics does it better. The Swag we got they want it. Mics is the real (We're Authentic) .... TJA are like a pair fake Jordan's, knockoffs,bootleg. Mics is going show you how to jump from free throw line.
That’s what I was looking for bro you the best!l

TJA might be the only team I know of. That plays there QB on defense. (At LB) Talk about wearing a guy down. I haven't seen that since popwarner days.

TJA might be the only team I know of. That plays there QB on defense. (At LB) Talk about wearing a guy down. I haven't seen that since popwarner days.

Lot of 1A teams have two way players. Pretty sure MICS and BC have a few. BC's QB plays defense. And Nomi doesn't play LB on defense...LOL But you are too stupid to know that.

It's been a couple years since I've been to Thomas Jefferson....Could someone tell me what exit I need to get off if I come down for the game on friday?....I would be traveling down 26 then to Columbus then toward Forest City?

Thanks in advance!

It's been a couple years since I've been to Thomas Jefferson....Could someone tell me what exit I need to get off if I come down for the game on friday?....I would be traveling down 26 then to Columbus then toward Forest City?

Thanks in advance!

Rick: When you get down to Columbus on 26, take Hwy 74 East towards Forest City. The best exit is 187 (Ellenboro Henrietta Rd). Take a right off of the exit and continue until you reach the school (the stadium will be on your right). Should be an exciting game and great job as usual on the Conference updates!

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
Think mics plays the game that tj doesn’t like. They seem to have the pound it Type teams down pat. Mics gave them problems last year and I think it will happen again in a high scoring game. 33-31 mics . Rich Cherokee qb plays both ways also

Well I seen him play LB, OLB, A walk down DE, Safety, punt returner, and kick returner. Ohh yea and QB. That's a lot of wear and tear on kid. I hope with that back breaking work your staff asks of him. That in return they are working to get him recruited.

Well I seen him play LB, OLB, A walk down DE, Safety, punt returner, and kick returner. Ohh yea and QB. That's a lot of wear and tear on kid. I hope with that back breaking work your staff asks of him. That in return they are working to get him recruited.
Lmao at 165lbs he won’t play DE lol

A lot of kids that are really good high school players could never make it at the next level. We all cant have the luxury of drawing from the largest talent pool in the state, and have to win with what we've got.

A lot of kids that are really good high school players could never make it at the next level. We all cant have the luxury of drawing from the largest talent pool in the state, and have to win with what we've got.
Shhhh this is 1A football, our starting DEs are only listed at 175 and 185 lbs. Hey but until this last Friday, the 185 was our leading rusher...lol

Last edited:

He has not played DE...That would be a Safety and/or CB blitz. I know who the DE's are... If you have seen him lined up as a LB or OLB he doesn't normally play that position. I know who the LBs are. The play you are probably talking about, everyone was in the box/ there were no safeties, and BC made us pay...so probably won't see that formation again lol

just so everyone knows, I have no problems with TJ. I watched them field a team, and take an ass whooping for several years like most other 1a schools. But, they still are a charter, and I think we have come to the point with the number of charter schools that they should play in their own playoff bracket like private schools do. While I don't feel threatened by TJ, Beargrass, WSP, CSD or even the almighty MICS, I do still think they hold an unfair advantage over traditionals.

just so everyone knows, I have no problems with TJ. I watched them field a team, and take an ass whooping for several years like most other 1a schools. But, they still are a charter, and I think we have come to the point with the number of charter schools that they should play in their own playoff bracket like private schools do. While I don't feel threatened by TJ, Beargrass, WSP, CSD or even the almighty MICS, I do still think they hold an unfair advantage over traditionals.

Whatever...

Rick: When you get down to Columbus on 26, take Hwy 74 East towards Forest City. The best exit is 187 (Ellenboro Henrietta Rd). Take a right off of the exit and continue until you reach the school (the stadium will be on your right). Should be an exciting game and great job as usual on the Conference updates!

Thanks for the directions....Right now, My brother and I are planning on making the trip down to see the game, unless some unforeseen circumstances happen between now and then....

Thanks for the directions....Right now, My brother and I are planning on making the trip down to see the game, unless some unforeseen circumstances happen between now and then....

Looking foward to your review of the game from an impartial viewer. Thought you nailed the Mitchell/Heritage game. Have safe travels.

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
Whatever...

I was being sincere. TJ done it the right way. They built their school academics first, then started athletics. The Gryphons have started at the bottom, put in the hard work, and it's now reflecting success on the field. Much respect. They didn't build a million dollar stadium while teaching in a van down by the river...

Reactions: Kevin2346
I was being sincere. TJ done it the right way. They built their school academics first, then started athletics. The Gryphons have started at the bottom, put in the hard work, and it's now reflecting success on the field. Much respect. They didn't build a million dollar stadium while teaching in a van down by the river...

Oh I know that you were being sincere...the whatever was directed at your thoughts on Charter Schools as a whole...

Well, charters do hold an unfair advantage. I mean, look at TJ. They can pull from Rutherford, Cleveland and possibly Polk and Burke counties. MICS draws from Gaston, Mecklenburg and Lincoln counties. Mitchell draws from Mitchell County, with a population of around 13,000 as of 2017.

Reactions: Kevin2346
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT