ADVERTISEMENT

MIC @ Swain

John Snow- Wake Forest, Willie Brown - App St, Mel Nicely - App St, Carl Pickens - Tennessee, James Shope - App St (signed, never made there due to spinal issue), Shawn Johnson NC State. A bunch of FCS players at places like Western
Thank you. I’m slipping. I know all those but age is getting the best of me. Lol

Reactions: mbdfan
Well someone said Burris wouldn't start at any of the top 3 SMC schools...So when is the last time the SMC had a RB go to UNC (where Burris is committed) or a better school? And please tell me where the RBs for those top 3 schools in the SMC this season are committed to play.

The top 3 SMC backs are committed to play next Friday! :) Burris next friday?....point guard maybe....?

John Snow - Wake Forest, Willie Brown - App St, Mel Nicely - App St, Carl Pickens - Tennessee, James Shope - App St (signed, never played there due to spinal issue), Shawn Johnson - NC State. A bunch of FCS players at places like Western. Jake Smith had D1 talent but not the grades
has any noticed murphy didn't play tonight yet they have the best players in the SMC

Yea I know they was not in the SMC just naming players from the mountains that has been to the show. The Streater’s were awesome

Did Greg Tisho from Swain walk on at UT ?
Yeah but if you start counting walk ons it gets too congested, Murphy has had at least two walk on at UT that I know of: Billy Patterson and Michael Thompson.

I mean we respect tj but they did get rolled at Cherokee last year with a 10-1 team. Think Mintz is still running in that one . One of the worst defensive best offensive performances I seen

Mintz was really good...But Cherokee only had roughly 50 more offensive yards or 59 more all purpose yards against TJ than they had against Mitchell.

And TJ had about 56 more all purpose yards against Cherokee than Mitchell

Last edited:
Ummmm Thomas Jefferson would finish 5th in the SMC....I concur with that statement. You can rank them #1 in the State and the Top 4 teams would beat them by 21. No disrespect but it’s different out here brother.

Did Greg Tisho from Swain walk on at UT ?
Yep, for a bit and a tremendous talent would of been nice to see him still playing. Smith Cherokee/Swain was playing for WCU after transferring from ECU, was the back up and played in a few games and looked good. Not sure if he is still there. R’ville has one player left from our last title and that’s Gibson at WCU and before that Odom played at Campbell where I believe he played baseball as well. Cherokee had a lineman at WCU awhile back and Woods was there briefly.
I heard mention of Walkingstick, kid was a workhorse but only had one healthy season. There wasn’t enough to really know how grea he could have been. Cherokee was going through those dark years so he could of been one of the few lights to their seasons. Oh well football isn’t everything and I hope kids just enjoy this time and opportunity because very few get to do it once they leave high school.

Ummmm Thomas Jefferson would finish 5th in the SMC....I concur with that statement. You can rank them #1 in the State and the Top 4 teams would beat them by 21. No disrespect but it’s different out here brother.

Not this year...What do you base that off of?? Cherokee is down this year, Swain is down this year. I can point to the fact that both those teams lost to Smoky Mountain who got steam rolled by North Lincoln tonight. TJ beat North Lincoln...

Yep, for a bit and a tremendous talent would of been nice to see him still playing. Smith Cherokee/Swain was playing for WCU after transferring from ECU, was the back up and played in a few games and looked good. Not sure if he is still there. R’ville has one player left from our last title and that’s Gibson at WCU and before that Odom played at Campbell where I believe he played baseball as well. Cherokee had a lineman at WCU awhile back and Woods was there briefly.
I heard mention of Walkingstick, kid was a workhorse but only had one healthy season. There wasn’t enough to really know how grea he could have been. Cherokee was going through those dark years so he could of been one of the few lights to their seasons. Oh well football isn’t everything and I hope kids just enjoy this time and opportunity because very few get to do it once they leave high school.
Zack Weeks from Swain is like a 2 or 3 year starter on Western's o-line

Reactions: Wildcat10fan

And actually that is disrespectful...and a completely baseless claim

Carl Pickens/Murphy- was a star at Tennessee and was a pro bowl NFL WR
Shawn Johnson/Murphy- played OL at NC State
Butch Sursavage/Andrews- played TE at Clemson and maybe NFL??
Yeah I forgot about Butch. I’m whooped tonight. I was listening to the Swain game and enjoying Gary Ayers & Coach White call the game while watching the Tarheels on Tv and keeping up with Cherokee & Rosman in ScoreStream. Lol. Brain overload

Reactions: NC nole fan
MICS was not a good team. Swain should have beat them by 3 touchdowns. But the Swain coaches have a real hard time on 3rd or 4th and long. Some of the worse play calling I’ve ever seen. No threat of passing at all. Unless you count spiking the ball on 4 th down. Running a QB draw on 3rd and 30. You should probably throw the ball to set that play up. Not many fans in the stands. I see some major changes coming at the end of the year at Swain or at least a lot of fans hope so.

Reactions: Swain97
Yes they were, Byus is an offense mastermind! He knew where to put players in the right position to be successful. Dusty was exceptional at QB and could have played collegiant ball but chose baseball instead

Swain has not thrown the ball all year, passing game has been non existent. For any of their fans to think they are going to start throwing the ball are just letting their selves down

Reactions: mbdfan
MIC only had one good drive.
Swain had 3 and dhoot themselves in the foot on one of those. Swain was driving at games end also. Should of been a 20-6 or 27-06 game.

In most of the post I made, I said that Swain would lose if they couldn't stop Burris behind the line...They stopped Burris behind the line. Swains line outplayed MICS line, on a cold wet night, and won the game.
Well it was cold, but it was not raining , hadn't rained all day

Swain has not thrown the ball all year, passing game has been non existent. For any of their fans to think they are going to start throwing the ball are just letting their selves down
It’s just nice to be able to throw we you need too. Look at the past seasons. Swain always has a QB to throw over 1500 yards. They may have 300 this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT