ADVERTISEMENT

MIC @ Swain

Something special about a home playoff game at Swain . MIC has speed and lots if it, but I believe the SMC smashmouth style of football will be too much for them .

MICS by 21. It won’t be close. The freshman and sophomores who play for Swain are just too slow to keep up with MIC. Those kids for Swain haven’t seen a back like Elijah Burris....ever. I think an over confident MICS team rolls into Mt Airy and loses 48-14 though...

Reactions: dmcamp
I can feel the fear from the SMC. The MICS raptors roll into town, with the #1RB in the state. Also #1 rated RB class of 2020 via 24/7 sports ranking. MICS has done a great job of giving out donuts. To teams who run Mickey mouse style offense's. So don't be surprised when I'm handing out Krispy Kremes donuts to SMC faithful. It's on like Donkey Kong .

Marcus Graham is the x-factor. Ain't nothing like having a 4.4 guy at QB. Fyi Elijah Burris is 5'9 215lbs RB runs a 4.5 laser speed. Nobody wants to tackle this kid period, a linebackers nightmare. Dream killers/Soul takers

Marcus Graham is the x-factor. Ain't nothing like having a 4.4 guy at QB. Fyi Elijah Burris is 5'9 215lbs RB runs a 4.5 laser speed. Nobody wants to tackle this kid period, a linebackers nightmare. Dream killers/Soul takers

Marcus Graham is out for the season with a torn ACL. Commit to a Stanford. Elijah is a commit to UNC. They have 3 other kids who have D1 offers too. So, say what you will about them not being a “real” team but I think the SMC is down this year...we will find out soon enough though!

Marcus Graham is out for the season with a torn ACL. Commit to a Stanford. Elijah is a commit to UNC. They have 3 other kids who have D1 offers too. So, say what you will about them not being a “real” team but I think the SMC is down this year...we will find out soon enough though!
Hate that for Graham but he has a lot to look forward to. His freshman and sophomore year at East you could tell how special he would be.

I can feel the fear from the SMC. The MICS raptors roll into town, with the #1RB in the state. Also #1 rated RB class of 2020 via 24/7 sports ranking. MICS has done a great job of giving out donuts. To teams who run Mickey mouse style offense's. So don't be surprised when I'm handing out Krispy Kremes donuts to SMC faithful. It's on like Donkey Kong .
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't MIC 0-2 vs SMC? Murphy and Robbinsville? Sounding really confident for a team 0-2 vs SMC

Swain by 14. Mic can’t run when Swains big line hits them in the backfield. Those flat landers are soft. The Maroon Machine will knock their heads off then they will quit. Swain has been there before and will dominate. Mountain Football on a cold night in Swain !!

Im pulling for Swain and I expect them to physically manhandle MICS on the LOS but they will struggle with MICS speed that's just a fact, Swain is painfully slow this year. Doesn't mean Swain can't or won't win, but they will give up some points to MICS offense for sure.

Three yards and a cloud of dust, keep the chains moving, and eat the clock on offense; keep everything in front of them, force mics to go on long drives, and try to force some turnovers on defense; and kick the ball out of bounds on special teams.

Swain does this they should win.
They definitely should not kick to MICS under any circumstances. Swain will do what they do on offense, they'll 3 yard them to death and limit MICS possessions

Reactions: NC nole fan
Three yards and a cloud of dust, keep the chains moving, and eat the clock on offense; keep everything in front of them, force mics to go on long drives, and try to force some turnovers on defense; and kick the ball out of bounds on special teams.

Swain does this they should win.

MICS doesn't go on long drivers often. You miss a tackle on Burris at or near the line and he's most likely gone (for a TD). If/When Burris gets to the 2nd level, Swain will likely be unable to stop him.

They definitely should not kick to MICS under any circumstances. Swain will do what they do on offense, they'll 3 yard them to death and limit MICS possessions
You can limit MICS possessions all you want, but MICS is about Burris, and all Burris needs to do is get to the 2nd level a few times, and he's probably got 3 TDs. Against TJ when Burris got to the 2nd level he was going for a TD almost every time, no one could catch him...I don't know if Swain has more speed back there than TJ, but if they don't, then all I can say is Swain better hope Burris doesn't even sniff the 2nd level during the game.

You can limit MICS possessions all you want, but MICS is about Burris, and all Burris needs to do is get to the 2nd level a few times, and he's probably got 3 TDs. Against TJ when Burris got to the 2nd level he was going for a TD almost every time, no one could catch him...I don't know if Swain has more speed back there than TJ, but if they don't, then all I can say is Swain better hope Burris doesn't even sniff the 2nd level during the game.
When Murphy played Swain Im pretty sure they scored within 3 plays every time they scored. My point being Swain will wear down MICS defense because MICS will score quickly on offense and Swain will have long, time consuming drives on offense. MICS defense will be on the field most of the night.

When Murphy played Swain Im pretty sure they scored within 3 plays every time they scored. My point being Swain will wear down MICS defense because MICS will score quickly on offense and Swain will have long, time consuming drives on offense. MICS defense will be on the field most of the night.
Yes maybe, but I don't see Swain being able to score enough/ quickly enough to keep up with MICS

He may have some long runs, but IMO he won’t have enough of them. Swain will drive it down MICS throat and keep the clock running. MICS might need to score literally every time they get the ball (if they can’t control the LOS on defense). That’s hard to do, especially on the road against a proud, tradition rich program like Swain that is used to winning. Swain has already seen at least four better teams than MICS (Murphy, Robbinsville, Tuscola, Smoky Mountain, and maybe Cherokee). So it’s not like they will be intimidated.

I just think you are underestimating the explosiveness of Burris and that MICS offense. TJ ran the ball 60 times for 356 yards and 5 TDS, only passed 11 times for 52 yards. And TJ barely held MICS off. So one can Swain rush 60+ times for 5 TDs? And 2 can they stop Burris and MICS other athletes enough times?

If Swain can domiate the LOS for 4 quarters, and prevent Burris from getting to the 2nd level, then they'll have a chance...But I just don't think they will be able to do that for 4 quarters.

Everyone said Robbinsville and Cherokee couldn’t handle them last year and both blew each tj and mics out.

Look man, you can throw out all the stats you want. But the cold hard truth is that MICS hasn’t played anyone. They never do. The only decent teams they play against, they lose to. Playing against the SMC is a totally different animal. Especially Murphy, Swain, and Robbinsville. The SMC has sent MANY teams just like mics packing over the years. We will just have to wait and see. Just know that even if mics gets by Swain, they would have had nothing for Murphy or Robbinsville this year. That’s a fact.

I think it’s so funny how most SMC people on this forum always bring up the past. All we can do is talk about your team in 2018..so, what has been done in the past is the past. DMCamp seems to be the only logical thinker on this board. I agree that if Swain can limit the possessions of MICS - that’s their best bet. But MICS plays teams in their conference where all the teams do is run for 3 yards a pop. The big guys for Swain on line mean absolutely nothing because MICS will go outside with jet sweeps and to #5. They won’t catch them. It’s really a matchup issue and quite frankly, after watching Swain tape - I don’t see how MICS doesn’t win by 21. Swain’s two starting RB’s are 160 pound SOPHMORES. Cmon...really...

Really?? We can talk about any year you want bud, and the SMC is still better than Mics or anyone else in that weak conference! As far as talk of the past, in the SMC the past is the present and the present is the past. It never changes. SMC has and will continue sending weak teams like mics and tj home early.

Mics by 21..screenshot it

We can only go by what we know and we know when u play decent smc teams you lose . It’s a fact screen shot that . Tj would of finished 5th in the smc last year

I’ve seen tape on Robbinsville - they are equally as slow. It’s almost unbearable to watch..don’t know how you guys enjoy watching the boring mess of a game you have up there in the mountains! At any rate - I got Mitchell in the 1A west bracket.

Reactions: KW23
Well coming from you, I’ll take that as good news. I’m glad to see that you have Mitchell in the 1a west bracket! Makes me feel MUCH better!

Btw, how did mics do last year against that bunch of slow hillbillies from Robbinsville???? Lol

I’m not a fan of MICS - just to be clear...just think there are other good teams besides those in the SMC..not to mention, this years team is different because it’s, I don’t know, 2018.... not 2017...

We would listen but every year it’s a slow terrible smc team that plays for state . Your fast spc team well they lose . And honestly tj couldn’t come close to catching Cherokee last year . Unless they recruited a ton more they ain’t fast

I’ve seen tape on Robbinsville - they are equally as slow. It’s almost unbearable to watch..don’t know how you guys enjoy watching the boring mess of a game you have up there in the mountains! At any rate - I got Mitchell in the 1A west bracket.
We know MIC is scared !! They remember what Robbinsville did to them last year !!
If your scared say your scared !! It isn’t the first time Swain has seen speed and smash mouth football will win out on a cold very wet field

I believe Swain will win plus I wouldn't be suprised if Robbinville beats TJ as well if they end up playing in the 3rd round. I do understand that each year in highschool teams are different but the charter schools have yet to prove themselves in the playoffs. But since charter schools cover multiple counties and can recruit they probably will start winning playoff games ( and it could be this year) and maybe even chapionships but for that very reason I don't think they belong in public schools playoffs.

2018: 6-5
2017: 6-7
2016: 1-10
2015: 12-3
2014: 5-7
2013: 4-8

Does this look like a school that recruits?

That 12-3 year though was a great run. 3 losses were to state champion Davidson Day with Will Grier at QB and North Meck, a 4A School..then to Robbinsville in western final...

I'm just saying they can if they want. They're not governed by the same rules as public schools , as far as sports they have more in common with private schools. And I'm not sure what team is your example but Thomas Jefferson when thier school started was just some body for everyone to get win off of. Last three years 10-3 / 10-4 /11-2 this year 11-0 #1 seed. Mountain Charter only been around 8 years 2016 #4 seed 2017 #2 this year they moved up to 1AA #7 seed. I mean not all charter schools probably care about building a football or basketball program but the fact remains that they cover multiple counties and could go after good players if they want to.

Reactions: BK13T-$
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT