ADVERTISEMENT

Memorial Day 2017

To all my NCpreps Soldiers and their family
Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in service of the United States of America. Since the earliest ceremonies in small American towns following the Civil War, we have gathered on Memorial Day to honor and remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our nation. As in those early days of laying wreaths and placing flags, our national day of remembrance is often felt most deeply among the families and communities who have personally lost friends and loved ones. Many people visit cemeteries and memorials, particularly to honor those who have died in military service. Many volunteers place an American flag on each grave in national cemeteries.There are a lot of people in this country, and across the world that have sacrificed a lot in order for us to enjoy the freedom that we have today. Memorial Day is a day of both celebration and grief, accounting for the honor of our heroes and reflecting on their tragic loss.

While Memorial Day should not be confused with Veteran’s Day I would also like to take time to honor those of you who have served in any capacity, and to those of you that are still serving, thank you for everything you've done, everything you're doing, and everything that you will do going forward. I would like to add that we all should take the time today if we haven’t already to consider such things and to remember as we have for generations that freedom is never free but yet America will always be ready to answer freedoms call.

Remember the next time you see a Veteran, thank them for their service and sacrifice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT