Hoggard @ Orange
Northside @ NH
Rose @ Laney
PS @ AHS
Socastee @ NB
Topsail @ Pender
WB @ Whiteville
W. Bladen @ SB

Hoggard with a big road win against a ranked 3A team.
NH will be in a dog fight but will pull it out at home against a ranked 3A.
Laney offense can't do anything so Rose def is a welcoming sight but it will not be enough.
AHS will be right there but will run out of gas.
NB struggles will continue.
Topsail should roll Pender.
WB will be in a dog fight with Whiteville but will come up short.
SB rights the ship and doesn't turn it over 6 times in this one and gets the W.

Reactions: swett2victory
I see the Hoggard game going like their game against Clinton last year, speed on defense is the Vikes weakness. <NICE WIN VIKES, DEFENSE IS BETTER THAN LAST YEAR.
New Hanover should slowly roll away in this one but Northside will hang till the end. <WILDCATS TOO MUCH
I think Laney has the perfect storm to break the drought but can't out score Rose. <PERFECT STORM DID MATERIALIZE FOR BUCS
Ashley-PS.......pick'em. Last team with the ball wins. <ASHLEY EXPOSED OR SWETT THAT GOOD?
North Brunswick always plays better when no one expects them to but will not have enough. <I BELIEVE SCORPS HAVE THEMSELVES A QB IN THE MAKING (THOR) BUT NOT MUCH ELSE
Topsail by 21 if Lavalle doesn't play, 35 if he does. <HE PLAYED BUT THE PIRATES ARE GETTING HIT BY INJURIES
I'm turning the corner on West Brunswick and they may surprise the Pack in this one. <ALMOST PULLED IT OFF
It's still South Brunswick but they should get the W at home. <I BELIEVE THE COUGARS ARE CURSED.

Last edited:
Hoggard @ Orange
Great early season match up. Hoggard getting noticed after their blow out win over Holly Springs. The last time Hoggard opened up a season scoring 48 points they made it to the east finals in the playoffs. This Vikings team is capable of making a similar run. Orange has had a lot of success over the last the last several seasons. Orange is changing over to a new offense could be an issue early in the season. I have been going back and forth on this one .... Hoggard .

Northside @ New Hanover
New Hanover looked like it was in mid season form in the win over Rose. Northside will provide stiffer competition than the Rose's Swiss cheese defense. Close for about a half to three quarters .... Wildcats eventually pull away to win by two - three touchdowns

Rose @ Laney
Both teams are in bad shape and this could be ugly. Rose continues not to play defense and see if they can finally hold a Wilmington school under 60 points. Laney did not show well against a solid Pinecrest team. Rose will be able to move the ball... Laney has not been able to do much offensively in scrimmages and the first game. Rose is the better of the two, but this game will not be anything brag about. Rose wins by 10 - 14 points

Swett @ Ashley
Ashley played well in their win over Southern Wayne, but it was Southern Wayne. Swett surprised people not only with the win, but the margin of victory. Should be a good match up as both teams appear to be improved from a year ago. I feel Swett's size and athletes will be too much and wear down the Screaming Eagles. Swett by at least 10 points

Socastee @ North Brunswick
Scoastee with an impressive win over West Brunswick last week. North Brunswick fought with Whiteville early in the game before giving way. Scoastee continues it's dominance over the Brunswick county schools.

Topsail @ Pender
Topsail ran the ball week well last week without it's star running back. It was running back by committee and the Pirates came away with a comfortable win over Trask. I expect more of the same this week. Topsail goes to 2-0

West Brunswick @ Whiteville
West Brunswick still trying to work through some things with the new backfield. Whiteville pulled away North Brunswick last win to win easily. Great game and will be close, but the Wolfpack win this one to remain undefeated

West Bladen @ South Brunswick

South Brunswick had a disappointing loss last week to Red Springs, but what little I have seen of the Cougars ... They are better than what they have been in recent years. West Bladen has not played a game yet. South Brunswick wins their first game of the year

JTH 26 Orange 20
NHHS 37 Northside-Jax 24
LHS 34 JH Rose 30
Purnell Swett 29 AHS 17
Socastee 49 N Brunswick 6
Topsail 36 Pender 0
Whiteville 20 W Brunswick 19
S Brunswick 21 W Bladen 12

JTH 26 Orange 6
NHHS 34 Northside-Jax 6
LHS 39 JH Rose 12
Purnell Swett 31 AHS 6