ADVERTISEMENT

MEC Week 11

Hoggard
WB
NH
I am leaning WB. This could be a heck of a game. I think Laney will have to use Sidbury more if they are going to win.

The Lavalle kid for Topsail got ejected for dancing in last week's game against SB and will have to sit against NH. Not that it would have mattered in this game. It looks like the Laney-WB game is the game to watch this week. What's the tiebreaker for playoffs if NH and Hoggard finished tied?

Hoggard @ Ashley - Hoggard has taken over the role of being the hot team of the conference. The Vikings passing game woke up and showed that it does exist last week for the first time in awhile in a huge win over West Brunswick. Hoggard will need the balanced attack to make some kind of run in the playoffs. Not a lot to say about Ashley ... Same old story. The Screaming Eagles got shut out and looking like they are wearing down. Not a good time to face the hottest team in the conference. Vikings in a easy one.

Laney @ West Brunswick - Tough loss last week for West Brunswick as they were looking to win the conference out right. McCray looked very average last week, but Maliek King picked up the load with some strong runs. Laney had the week off to lick their wounds and try finish the season on a high note. Laney and West Brunswick are both athletic, but I think the edge will go to West Brunswick due to playing at home and coaching.

New Hanover @ Topsail - The Wildcats got back on track last week ... Improved on some things and ran over a depleted Ashley team. Both QBs were involved and moved the football like they are capable of doing. Defense was very physical and provided a shut out. Topsail is on a mini run and blew by a weak Cougar defense last week, but they are gaining confidence. Last year the Pirates played with New Hanover for three quarters before the Wildcats pulled away. This year I see Topsail hanging around in the first half before running out of gas in the second. New Hanover by a couple TDs

South Brunswick (Bye) - End of the season can't come fast enough for the Cougars

The Lavalle kid for Topsail got ejected for dancing in last week's game against SB and will have to sit against NH. Not that it would have mattered in this game. It looks like the Laney-WB game is the game to watch this week. What's the tiebreaker for playoffs if NH and Hoggard finished tied?

I would think New Hanover gets the tie breaker since they won head to head, but I'm not 100% certain

Hoggard 35 Ashley 6
Laney 34 WB 14
NH 46 Topsail 17

Hoggard looked sloppy the 1st half but turned it on in the 2nd half. This Hoggard offense is gong to have to throw the ball well if they are going to upset anyone in the playoffs. They will not have any easy games because of the lower seed they will get(Probably a #6). They have the ability to stretch the field enough to open up plenty of running lanes with the RB's and the QB. They will not just line up and run it over a good team, however they have a good enough passing game to win. Jones was 9-11 for 190. Hoggard special teams look sharp again.
Laney looked great coming off a bye week and put it on WB earlier and often. WB is better than what they showed and it appears they have not gotten over the Hoggard loss. Watkins rushed for 185 and 3 TD and McCray was held to 85. The leading rusher in the conference has 78 and 85 rushing over the last 2 games.
NH did what they needed to do and took car of Topsail. The Pirates were playing without their starting RB went to the air and exploded for 213 yards the 1st half but NH defense took control in the 2nd half allowing 113 and scored 2 TD's and had 2 Int. Walston threw for nearly 300 yards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT