NH @ Rose
Laney @ Pinecrest
S. Wayne @ Ashley
WB @ Socastee
Topsail @ Trask
SB @ Red Springs
NB @ Whiteville

Holly Springs @ Hoggard
Holly Springs is real young with a couple weapons. Hoggard returns a lot on defense and the offense appears to be clicking. I would be surprised if Hoggard doesn't win by more than two touchdowns

New Hanover @ Rose
Should be a fun game to watch with the offenses involved in this one. New Hanover has the better defense and should win this one.

Laney @ Pinecrest
Laney is not close to what they were a year and you know Pinecrest will play well under Metzger. Patriots win this game by two to three touchdowns

Southern Wayne @ Ashley
This will not be a pretty game to watch, but Ashley should come away with the win

West Brunswick @ Socastee
Trojans not what they were a year ago, but still can move the ball. West Brunswick starts the season with a victory

Topsail @ Trask
hotterhand thinks the Pirates are improved from a year ago ... I agree. Experienced backfield will control the game and win by a least 10 points

South Brunswick @ Red Springs
Coach Lewis has the Cougars looking much improved from a year ago. The Red Devils have become more run heavy due to the lack of talent compared to years past. South wins this

North Brunswick @ Whiteville
More talent and a well coached Whiteville team wins this one easily

I saw RS last week,don't have the talent they had last couple of years. They ran ball with full house backfield,2 backs offset to same side one set back 5 yrds. deep. Run heavy not big but good numbers. Only first scrimmage though guys could improve.

Walston having a big 1st half against JH Rose with 4 TD's, 3 passing and 1 rushing

NH 62
Rose 21
Rose defense looks like it haven't improved much since last season. They have given up 127 in the last two games, both against wilmington schools.

I don't think it was a surprise that Rose gave up points but I was surprised they didnt score more. Putting points on the board is usually not their problem. Its a little early to say if it was Rose's offense or a better than expected NHHS defense.

Word I'm hearing is that NH defense is good. I will say that I saw Rose JV last year and they had plenty. QB was good and had a strong arm.

New Hanover- A
Hoggard-A
Ashley-They deserve an A
Laney-F
West Brunswick-D
Topsail-C
South Brunswick-F
North Brunswick-D

First week in the books and Walston deserves player of the week. Baseball may become his backup plan.
As the season goes on we will find out how insignificant these early games are at showing how good or bad a team can be but just glad it's finally here.

Last edited:
You and I could look good against Rose defense. I agree with you but Walston will have a tougher test next week.

You and I could look good against Rose defense. I agree with you but Walston will have a tougher test next week.
So will Hoggard. Orange prides itself on defense having given up less than 10 pts. a game the last 2 years.

That Hoggard-Orange matchup looks to be a slugfest. Another site has the teams ranked #7 in 3A and 4A. Many camps say 3A is overall stronger than 4A this year so that makes this matchup even more interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT