ADVERTISEMENT

McMichael

Nothing on Max Prep's board yet, latest school is NE Guilford.

Wouldn't suprise me though it's a hard place to coach. I feel for their kids though.

Search this site for southern alamance posts. Search Facebook for article on fox8 and read comments.

He does, looking for coaches to add to his staff. This is a terrific hire, was interim head coach at New Bern under awful circumstances and really kept that program afloat. Also has a lot of coaching experience in Kansas. I think he can really help propel the team and build on what McCants has done.

He does, looking for coaches to add to his staff. This is a terrific hire, was interim head coach at New Bern under awful circumstances and really kept that program afloat. Also has a lot of coaching experience in Kansas. I think he can really help propel the team and build on what McCants has done.
Pe positions? or your normal science jobs and ec

It seems like more and more schools are only filling the PE positions with coaches that are head coaches of other sports. Some also coach football, but football staffs filled with a bunch of PE teachers are a thing of the past in most places.
you are correct....in some Guilford county schools some PE teachers don't coach ANYTHING! not even assistants

you are correct....in some Guilford county schools some PE teachers don't coach ANYTHING! not even assistants
Do you blame them? At least in this state you can go pick strawberries and make twice as much money. (as an assistant/position coach) For far to long, the powers that be act like coaching is a religious calling and there for could be under valued. Especially football, for the amount of time and family sacrifice its hard to justify....

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Let me clarify my statement, they don’t necessarily have to coach football, but needs to coach something.

I loved my PE classes that were taught by our baseball and basketball HCs. I didnt play either sport so it was cool to get some kind of teaching from two successful coaches I normally wouldn't have.

Reactions: nwguilford007
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT