ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Beam (and son) to East Lincoln

NM88

Aug 29, 2014
Siler City, NC
Got a call yesterday from a friend who lives out in Huntersville/Denver area who stated Matt Beam has accepted an assistant coaching position at East Lincoln, and taking his son with him to be quarterback. He said the Beams live in North Lincoln's district, but that when Matt asked North coach Nick Bazzle if he would pass more out of his triple option for his son, Bazzle said no. So Beam is taking him to East. Wonder how the coaching dynamics are going to work there? Smooth or like oil and water. Sounded like Beam wanted to run the North Program through his son and a state championship coach didn't budge. If true, my hats off to Bazzle. Never got to speak with him personally, but watching him for years at Newton, a few times at Alexander Central, and some at North Lincoln, he's a class act.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I think Matt played for East so it could be as simple as getting back to his roots. How old is his boy now? JV ? Anyway....Best of luck to Coach Beam and his son.

Got a call yesterday from a friend who lives out in Huntersville/Denver area who stated Matt Beam has accepted an assistant coaching position at East Lincoln, and taking his son with him to be quarterback. He said the Beams live in North Lincoln's district, but that when Matt asked North coach Nick Bazzle if he would pass more out of his triple option for his son, Bazzle said no. So Beam is taking him to East. Wonder how the coaching dynamics are going to work there? Smooth or like oil and water. Sounded like Beam wanted to run the North Program through his son and a state championship coach didn't budge. If true, my hats off to Bazzle. Never got to speak with him personally, but watching him for years at Newton, a few times at Alexander Central, and some at North Lincoln, he's a class act.
Interesting dynamic!…..East had sophomore QB in the spring…..he was pretty good too.

Reactions: FormerDog38
Thought Beam's oldest boy was in middle school?

Why post on the subject matter then, church boy? Shelby DC is your daddy, watch your mouth church boy
My daddy is not a coach. So wrong, stay in your lane and worry about a DC that most Shelby fans trash. Glad to see you know everything about Matt Beam, hope you support his business too. If not then shame on you.
As for EL, interested to see the impact Beam brings there

My daddy is not a coach. So wrong, stay in your lane and worry about a DC that most Shelby fans trash. Glad to see you know everything about Matt Beam, hope you support his business too. If not then shame on you.
I agree. If the starter is a rising junior then Beam gets 2 years jv and 2 years varsity (provided he earns the starting jv spot). Can't blame the family for leaving cherryville. Getting a proven head coach as an assistant is a good deal for EL.

Again church boy, I could care less about shelby or the DC. Swo for life over this way young one. We know your father is the preacher at CC and his son, you, is his right hand man. We know what goes on with catholic preachers........

Beam and his hard work is the talk of Lincoln county. Heck a buddy of mine called me last night and was excited about the drills Beam used with his receivers. Of course, Beam's dad was working just as hard last night. That man is a living legend. Talk about dedication , people do not realize it is hard to find volunteer coaches that care this much.

Let it go 91. Our friend just likes to stir the pot. He’s probably a great guy if you could get to know him.

We have a whole passel of Catholic’s in Belmont. Within two miles of my house lies Belmont Abby College. I grew up going to basketball camps there. I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve watched games in The Wheeler Center. I even hung out with several of the priests. Like ever organization they have a few bad apples. I personally have never met any myself. I’m a Church Boy also. Just not a Catholic one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT