ADVERTISEMENT

Matchup of the 3A games you would love to have seen

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Looking back through the years here would be my ultimate 3A matchup game to have seen. 1996 Hickory 16-0 State Champs vs 2003 15-1 South Point State Champs.

Hickory had 767 points and gave up 99 points
South Point had 748 points and gave up 130.

What 3A teams in the past would you love to have seen.

Hickory 96, South Point 03, Crest 2014 has the defense, Northern Guilford 2011 big offense and only lost to 4AA champ, Kannapolis 97 Nick Maddox and co, whichever of the Havelock teams from 2010’s people think is best, same for Cummings teams of 80’s with the passing attack. Mixture of great defenses and great offenses.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Another I forgot to mention. I would love to had seen one of the ‘08 and ‘09 years of West Rowan who had KP Parks played up against Catholic of last year.

The Crest team that dominated Havelock vs. Havelock the year before when they beat Concord.

I have our playoff game vs Hickory from 96 (well the last three quarters anyways,) they were pretty freaking legit. Videotape doesn't lie.. they were slower than I imagined but their size is just killer. If they played now they would be just as solid.. maybe have a harder time vs speed but their size would wear any team down from East Forsyth to East Surry.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT