ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek

Middle Sound Heel

Dec 24, 2003
I was in Charlotte last night and went to the Mallard Creek-Providence game. This is the first time I saw them play this year after seeing them play twice last year. Mallard creek jumped all over Providence it was never in question. They are not flashy but they are very dominant. They are so big on the offensive line and they have big guys on defense as well. I just don't see anybody stopping them but some of the Mallard creek crowd was following the score of the Hough-Lake Norman game and they (the parents and a few others I talked to) are quite concerned about this QB from Lake Norman. They all said he is going to be a tough matchup for Mallard creek.

Ladowski is the human highlight machine...Langston calls him Playstation, but Mallard Creek has very quietly come together over the last month. I don't know how a defending 4AA champ with that kind of a roster can be under the radar, but it seems like they have been for much of the season.

It took MC a little while to figure out their lineups and install their new offense, but they are up and rolling now. I don't think anyone in the state can beat Mallard Creek today, and they return nearly their entire three deep for next season.

So I'm guessing it's going to be a while before any of us see Mallard Creek lose again. If Wake Forest or Garner is going to sneak in there and grab one, then they had better do it this year, because I think MC is going to be untouchable for the next two seasons.

hokie,

That's what they told me also that Mallard Creek is very young this year and will be much better next year. I also heard from an insider a rumor that a pretty good RB will be transferring to Mallard Creek. It is a rumor and I am curious to see if it comes true.

Lake Norman does concern me. In 2011 Page had their great quarterback one man band in James Summers. They ran the gauntlet and won the title. So I can't say it can't be done. The sad thing is, take away Ladowski (sp?) and Lake Norman is an average team at best. So, I wasnt a fan of Page then because of that and not a fan of Lake Norman because of it this year. As opposed to 2011, I'm not going to say Lake Norman can't do it. But I'll go ahead and be transparent and say I'd be disappointed if Lake Norman did get by Mallard Creek, for the reason I'm not a big fan of one man shows no matter how big the man or the show is.

Page was a much more complete team than Lake Norman. Had a good O line and the d front seven was stout. Very senior heavy team also.

Ladowski is the most fun player I have probably watched in high school. He makes the O go with his feet and can really zing it. Touch is a little too heavy but he can throw it on the run or in the pocket. Short but very well put together. Could play DB, RB, receiver, return man, in addition to QB. He is a gamer! Tenacious!

MC's front seven is way superior to Hough. I do not see Ladowksi making the plays against MC that he was able to make against Hough. Also, MC is much more physical than Hough. Most are picking in the range of 56-21 MC. MC will move the ball down the field at will. How LKN responds offensively will be the question.

2nd time today I have heard the comparison to Page 2011. Lets put that away. First Page was far from a one man team. Summers was very good but they were also very good defensively. Nobody got more than 14 on them all year until the playoffs and they were very physical. Nobody was scoring 40+ points on them like has been scored on LKN.

Second- this a an completely different MC team. Battle tested, Defending state champs that have been on the road at places like Dillon, Keffer and Hough against good teams and won. They have been behind several times this year and have answered the bell each time except Butler.

2011 MC had one tight game against Butler all year. The conf was very weak back then and they rarely had a game where it was competitive past the first 10 minutes. Couple that with 3 injuries that night to wideouts and a young staff that panicked some and they were ripe for the taking. They got punched in the mouth and went down. Not to mention a Hail Mary play that defies logic.

LKN may very well win the game but it wont because this MC team isn't prepared.

Good posts and I'd put an asterisk against that "except Butler" statement. They were a bunch of young studs still trying to feel their way. Much different now.

Have not seen Hughes throw the ball. Doubtful many QBs in the state have the arm strength Ladowski has.

Quarterbacks that constantly expose themselves to punishment by MC tend to not do well for 4 quarters. Definitely think Ladowski is a special talent but if he can take the hits that would come his way with that many touches and still perform at a high level than he is superman.

Originally posted by portcity FB:
How does Ladowski compare to Hughes from NB?
Not nearly as fast but a cannon for a arm and very strong with ball in his hand. Physical for a 5'9 -5'10 kid. Changes direction on a dime and can throw on the run. Biggest deal with this kid is you need to wrap up and you need to hit to the whistle because he will not go down easy and when you think you have him sacked he spins out and runs for 40 yards.

Blue and Gold, any chance Mallard Creek can get Dillon back on the schedule? Why didn't we play each other this year? We are having trouble scheduling the good SC teams.

Dillon added North Myrtle Beach and Darlington. Those two replaced Mallard Creek and Lake City.

Mallard Creek replaced Dillon with Christian.

Colquitt County is looking for two OOS games for next year. They would probably travel or pay some gate. South central GA school currently ranked in top ten nationally. Coached by former Hoover Alabama HC Rush Propst.

Originally posted by Wildcatman92:
Blue and Gold, any chance Mallard Creek can get Dillon back on the schedule? Why didn't we play each other this year? We are having trouble scheduling the good SC teams.
You travelling this time?

Play it at Dillon where football means something to someone besides the family members. Split the gate. MC makes more money and gets to play in the hostile enviroment again.

Personally I would prefer to see MC play in Rock Hill against a York County team or travel down I-85 to Dorman, Spartanburg, Byrnes, or Gaffney. Irmo and Dutch Fork is not too far.

I was thinking more along the lines of letting them play a game in a big city. It would be a treat for the Dillon kids to get out and do something different.

The largest city in South Carolina (Columbia) is still only about an 1/8th of the size of Charlotte. Feed the kids and then let them play a game at Memorial under the skyscrapers. They'll never forget it.

And Mallard Creek is a monster, so it doesn't even need to be against them. There are 20 (or so) football playing high schools in Charlotte, and there are numerous quality - but not nationally ranked - opponents to choose from. If I'm a kid from a small, one school county, then that would be quite the road trip.

This post was edited on 12/1 10:33 PM by hokiemtc

Personally the Dillon experience was one of the best I have been at since I left Ohio. I would travel in a heart beat to see them play any of the top NC teams.

Hokie, we know Mallard Creek is a monster that's why we wanna play them.No offence but if it's not a top team it's not the same.That game at Dillon was awesome and I haven't seen any team fill up the stadium like that except Marlboro County.

The Dillon Wildcats "Nastycats" just won their 3rd consecutive 2A State Championship last Friday beating Newberry 49-27. This was the 5 State Title in the last 7 years. After talking to a reliable source the other day, I am hearing that negotiations are underway to establish a week 1 match-up between the NASTYCATS and Mallard Creek. Traveling for Dillon fans is not a problem, so Charlotte works for us. Dillon only loses a few seniors this year, so next years team will be stacked with talent. Avery McCall, our QB will be a Senior next year, and since his Freshman year he has only lost one game that he started in, and that was Mallard Creek. Lucky for you he got hurt on a drive that would have tied it up late in the game. A rematch is definitely in order. Dillon Nation has their fingers crossed that this works out, so those of you that are close to your coach, push it to happen

Wildcatsback2back

MC is playing Independence and Butler and they are moving on from Dillon. Not happening. Creek guys love some Dillon Football. Great Program. Per Coaching staff at Dillon. MC is not a team you play before you go into conference play. They have to much depth. The Marlboro game i believe Dillon had about 5 players out including McCall.

Thinking about heading over for the MC/Lake Norman game, reckon its worth the trip ???
Theres really nothing else of interest out there, WF/Garner possible with family very nearby but its Raleigh.
Vance/Charlotte Catholic maybe as Vance is on the Scots schedule next year.

Originally posted by scotswin:

Thinking about heading over for the MC/Lake Norman game, reckon its worth the trip ???
Theres really nothing else of interest out there, WF/Garner possible with family very nearby but its Raleigh.
All three games are worth seeing but MC-LN may be the least competitive of the three.

Nepsy, I heard that right out of Dillon's head coach's mouth Monday evening. He said they was in talk with MC about this. Nothing guaranteed, but certainly a chance. Nothing to lose for Dillon, MC getting beat by a 2A team would hurt your national ranking. Dillons offense is the best I ever seen here in Dillon. We only lose our center, 1 OL and ErReon Hayes, a D1 WR. Our whole Defensive line returns. I would love to see it happen

No, I'm pretty sure it says on the computer that they are 2A too....... LOL

By the number of students enrolled in Dillon Schools, they are 2A. Dillon is just a true football powerhouse. We have several haters that will tell you anything to make Dillon look bad, I guess that is what haters do when they cannot beat you on the field. Our JV went undefeated this year, and our 11-12 year old rec league is playing for the Lowerstate Championship this weekend. By saying that just shows Football is taught very early in Dillon. Most of our players play 4 years of Rec ball, then B team, then JV. By time they graduate, they can have 10 years of Football under their belt. That is key in our success.

557091_10201760093185374_110422720_n.jpg

Mallard Creek Dads & Dillon fans hanging out.

Lots of respect for Dillon Football. If they play MC again, I won't miss it this time. Like to see them play Butler or Indy too. MC vs. a Dutch Fork is another good one I wouldn't miss.

Originally posted by scotswin:

I'm in the same boat. I would think the Vance/Catholic game. WF/Garner may be competitive, but I don't think you would be seeing a state champion on the field. MC/Lake Norman...I would like to see Ladowski, but he may not get to show off quite as much against MC.

Hey Im off all day was prepared for a 3.5 hr drive this Friday night but since that
isn't happening the plan changes. Actually have inlaws in Mooresville.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT