ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs East Forsyth

B&G great post and as a Forsyth Co guy (Carver) its not in our heads but its just reality. The best team out of Meck Co traditionally tends to be the one with the bullseye on their backs. And to be the man you must beat the man!! Thats reality and it isnt made up in our heads. My only concern is that when a Forsyth Co school is mentioned on these boards as a title contender they tend to get dismissed hard by the Meck Co contingent that patrols these boards. And a lot of their ribbing is good natured and based off past results so we have to suck it up until someone breaks through. But when, not if, it occurs you can bet the Forsyth folks will come down hard!! And I believe its closer to happening than a lot of Meck Co folks are willing to admit. And yea I know close doesn't count. Good luck Saturday and I personally wish MC the best and I hope they win it all. I like dynasties cause they raise the bar for all!!!
Mecklenburg County schools sucked it up for years as Richmond County,Page and Northern Durham drilled us yearly and I don't recall schools here doing anything except trying to get better- Coach Tommy Knotts finally broke through the RC Raiders barricade with a sophomore heavy laden team somewhere around 2000 and this really kicked all our Meck Cty schools here into trying to keep up- East Forsyth is an excellent program and as they and others improve NC quality will rival that of other power prep states

As much as I would like to be offended by the relevant comment, it's hard to argue with the fact our football team has not won the state championship. ND is getting closer (you could ask Scotland or CC fans if they agree) and I think we take another step next year. There are other barometers for relevance such as Shrine Bowl selections, # of All Nortwest or All State players, kids playing college (at any level), kids going to college or even being better young men because of the program/coaches. I will go on record to say I don't know about the size of coach Tuttle's nuts, but sure, probably has a good size set if I'm a betting man. I can tell you he has been great to my son and he's not even a RB, he's just a low life kicker. I can also tell you he loves his family and fights for his players/kids. He's good in my book, same goes for the rest of the staff!

As much as I would like to be offended by the relevant comment, it's hard to argue with the fact our football team has not won the state championship. ND is getting closer (you could ask Scotland or CC fans if they agree) and I think we take another step next year. There are other barometers for relevance such as Shrine Bowl selections, # of All Nortwest or All State players, kids playing college (at any level), kids going to college or even being better young men because of the program/coaches. I will go on record to say I don't know about the size of coach Tuttle's nuts, but sure, probably has a good size set if I'm a betting man. I can tell you he has been great to my son and he's not even a RB, he's just a low life kicker. I can also tell you he loves his family and fights for his players/kids. He's good in my book, same goes for the rest of the staff!

Mallard Creek is looking for games next year, so if he wants to call out coaching staffs? Tell Mr. Big Nuts (Coach Tuttle) to give us a call. Contact:Philip Davanzo III @ 980-343-1341

Last edited:

I don't know Mr. Tuttle and my relevant comment only is in reference to the product on the field as was his very public commentary. I am familiar with the ND program and it is a good one but lets be honest. They really haven't been close to a state title. This isn't to diminish a great win over Scotland this year as a step in the right direction. Kids going to college and making them better young men is great. Couple thoughts on that though...

I am assuming that you would agree that posting commentary on another coaching staff's inability to do their job is not the kind of activity that is consistent with developing young men. One of the first things that is taught to these kids is to be careful with social media. Its a lesson Mr. Tuttle clearly has failed to learn.

Now....bad decision?? Mistake was made?? Very good with all of that however the tweet was up for a minimum of 24 hours before it was taken down and I am going to assume it wasn't Mr. Tuttle's remorse as much as the rebuttal from the Mallard Creek fans and players along side with some communication with his superiors that forced him to take it down.

Has their been a public apology?? Nope.... so while I am glad he has been great to your son and is passionate about his family and players at this point in time he has become the face of the North Davidson program at least as it relates to the fan base at Mallard Creek. Not a great look.

OK......just to clarify, never said we were there, just getting closer and moving in the right direction. Agree with you that forums/social media seem to ignite a firestorm rather easily and that prudence may trump valor and bravado in some instances. I don't really have much to add about Mallard Creek as I don't know a thing about you guys outside of what I read here or on-line in other forums/sites. I would assume the following based of what I see in this forum:
  • Your record and history of winning speaks for itself, so by default your coaches have achieved great things on the field.
  • You are loaded with great players, as coaches can only do so much (good or bad) during a game.
  • Other schools will always be jealous when you are on top of the mountain. My brother was the assistant coach at Parkland when they were dominating wrestling like no other team in the history of NC sports and they got accused of the same things that have been aimed at you guys. Envy is a big ole monster, even bigger than some coaches nut sacks!
  • Your fan base is passionate about their team as evidenced by how excitable your volunteer scheduling coordinator, nepsy7, is to play teams so far below you in both pedigree and worthiness.
Anyway, good luck to you guys, pulling for you and all the teams from the West this weekend.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
Since there isn't another thread.

Page will win in a high scoring game. The have bigger but slower kids compared to East smaller and quicker defense. Pages passing games will lead them to a state championship.

Page will win in a high scoring game. The have bigger but slower kids compared to East smaller and quicker defense. Pages passing games will lead them to a state championship.
Don't quit your day job....When Page and EF played East kept them in the game and EF was just about to blow Page out but mistakes made that game closer than it should've been.

Good grief. Somebody get this guy an AA sponsor.

Last edited:
Lol, props to the coaching staff of MC. They did somthing to those MC DB's in the last 7 days. It's not just me, everyone thought Pages passing game was gonna save them. Scratching my head on this one. Great job by MC all around.

On a toss play, a 1.5 second head start to the offensive tackle to get around the DE and block him. When the game is on the line, in overtime you can't have refs like that.

Much would like to see an open playoff
System. The state Championship game shouldn't have a running clock.

More like a .5 second head start but I mean there's a false start penalty for a reason.

Dude, seriously. You are embarrassing your school and fan base. Seasons over, jerseys are washed and folded nicely.

Calls get missed trust me, they missed several huge ones. You were the #1 seed at home and were up 8 points with the ball in your hand at midfield with 4 minutes left and loss.

East Forsyth had a great season. Came up short. It happens.......stop whining about bad calls, classless fans and mean coaches.

On a toss play, a 1.5 second head start to the offensive tackle to get around the DE and block him. When the game is on the line, in overtime you can't have refs like that.

Much would like to see an open playoff
System. The state Championship game shouldn't have a running clock.
This was a REGIONAL FINAL from over a week ago. Let it go. Is there anyway whatsoever to put this game to rest? Or are the East guys going to go on and on and on? You go and watch videos, while the Mallard Creek guys enjoy their third ring.

This year their rallying cry was "remember Providence"! Next year it will be " remember the uncalled false start".

Make sure you put video of the calls they that the refs missed that favored Mallard Creek, I'm not a creek fan but I watched the game on TWC and the better team won the game. In games the refs don't get all the calls right but explained why your team was down by 8 with the ball at midfield and still loss.

@ Deana_King that video should be banned from this site.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT