ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs East Forsyth

Beal is a great player and that comment is a low blow. The kid is very fun to watch the O-line struggled against the MC D-line. It happens all the time in Football that's what makes the sport the ultimate team game. No matter how great the players if they don't have help around them their greatness can't show. Just go watch his Highlight film the kid is the real deal and will make Wake a better team when he gets on campus. I wish more kids would choose to stay in State like Beal has and put our In-state schools on the map for Football.

The offensive line of East did not struggle against MC. The quarterback was upright for all except two plays when Moss just beat the tackle. He kept trying to run inside with a 6-7 man box. East line was very impressive if you ask me. #99 for EF was a MAN on the other side. MC kept running to #55 side which I thought someone up top would pick up on. As far as Beal, he only had 17 yards rush because he did not carry the ball that many times. He was a decoy for Martin which I thought was smart. I still don't get the three straight jump balls in OT. The QB, Porter and Beal and strong runs in the Red Zone early in the game. Porter's TD run was impressive. East OL knocked MC off the ball.

OK DECOY? Go sell that to the co-ed flag football team at your local YMCA. Beal finished with 17 yds rushing and Porter finished 33 yds rushing. The amount of carries were irrelevant. Mallard Creek has a history of shutting down much much better rb's through out their short history. Martin made big time plays and calling Beal a decoy is a insult to his efforts.

If you believe the reason that EF Beal had only 17yds rushing was because they used him as a decoy and the Coaching staff was smart for doing it? That's speaks volumes of how much you know about football. ZERO!

Last edited:
I don't like the jump balls either. Yeah, the run game was shut down for the most part, but both td's in second half were runs so they had started to find at least a little success. MC had also made some adjustments keying on Martin in the passing game. Only needed it to work once though where it would have taken 3 or 4 runs probably to get it in, and Martin had played great so I guess that's what they were thinking. Beal has been used in the slot A LOT all year so I don't think it was a decoy strategy, just how they try to spread the ball around and find the right matchup. Obviously with MC focused on shutting him down, Beal was not a great matchup for most of the night. He did flash his ability on the td run late though. I wonder how many times MC has let guys beat them around the corner this year, I doubt many.

OK DECOY? Go sell that to the co-ed flag football team at your local YMCA. Beal finished with 17 yds rushing and Porter finished 33 yds rushing. The amount of carries were irrelevant. Mallard Creek has a history of shutting down much much better rb's through out their short history. Martin made big time plays and calling Beal a decoy is a insult to his efforts.

If you believe the reason that EF Beal had only 17yds rushing was because they used him as a decoy and the Coaching staff was smart for doing it? That's speaks volumes of how much you know about football. ZERO!

Martin's big catches were off of Jet sweep fakes to Beal. And 6-7 in the box should stop the run. Not going to take shots at you because that's not my character. We will agree to disagree.

Martin's big catches were off of Jet sweep fakes to Beal. And 6-7 in the box should stop the run. Not going to take shots at you because that's not my character. We will agree to disagree.

That's there offense. They run a lot of motion and its well designed. They got the MC defense moving a lot and out of position in spots. They come off those fakes and it slows up the rush a bit especially the ends.

If its me Beal has got to get a touch there o the goal line. Martin is great but Beal is the game changer even though clearly MC is tough to run against. You will notice down the stretch that ball stayed in LJ's hands. Mallard Creek isn't losing without letting there best player take his shots. No question in my mind that the two point conversion was designed to go back side to Moss but LJ called his own number.

It matter not if they were using Barney Fipe with the Jett Sweep. Mallard Creek plays a 4-3 defense period. Nothing different because Beal was running the Jett Sweep. Martins biggest catch was a play action to Porter up the middle. MC has struggled in the secondary since day 1. EF running Beal on a Jett Sweep was not the reason they were effective with the passing game....lol Martin made plays!

Beal's number were low because he was used as a Decoy is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
They are a machine on offense, but they are also beatable if you can outscore them. I know that for a fact because it's happened twice so far this season.

Butler had their shot to outscore MC last week and came up one score short. We'll see how East Forsyth fares this week, but at least on paper, EF is definitely equipped to give it a good run. If EF can't get it done this week, then Page and Middle Creek are also both suitable equipped to put up lots of points.

Good post

That's there offense. They run a lot of motion and its well designed. They got the MC defense moving a lot and out of position in spots. They come off those fakes and it slows up the rush a bit especially the ends.

If its me Beal has got to get a touch there o the goal line. Martin is great but Beal is the game changer even though clearly MC is tough to run against. You will notice down the stretch that ball stayed in LJ's hands. Mallard Creek isn't losing without letting there best player take his shots. No question in my mind that the two point conversion was designed to go back side to Moss but LJ called his own number.

I hear what you're saying but as great as he is, Beal is not built to pound it in against a front like MC. He's great in space where there isn't much of in an OT situation. MC shut down the bubble screens and I highly doubt they were going to let Beal get to the edge on a jet sweep. I would have rather seen them line him up at QB in the wildcat which brings an extra blocker into play and may help him get to the edge. Or put Martin back there with Beal and Porter which had been very successful in small doses in previous games. Easy to second guess now but if Martin comes down with one of the jump balls, this is a whole different conversation.

Reactions: CoachQue6
If Gordon's great pic against Martin is not called pass interference? This is a whole different conversation.

If Gordon's great pic against Martin is not called pass interference? This is a whole different conversation.

Very true. And if the offsides on the td in OT is called it may be a different conversation. Still not sure we stop you guys, defense was just so gassed.

Over 500 yards of offense will gas a defense. Game's over. Time to move on. Mallard Creek to the state title game against Page. East Forsyth on to the hardwood.

Over 500 yards of offense will gas a defense. Game's over. Time to move on. Mallard Creek to the state title game against Page. East Forsyth on to the hardwood.

And you can move on to another thread if you don't want to discuss it any further. It's a message board for people who want to talk football. And if the conversation lasts until next season, so be it. Nobody's making you read anything so unless you have something to contribute... time to move on.

Reactions: mactazheels
And you can move on to another thread if you don't want to discuss it any further. It's a message board for people who want to talk football. And if the conversation lasts until next season, so be it. Nobody's making you read anything so unless you have something to contribute... time to move on.

Go back to,pollinating flowers idiot!

It's been time for you to move on buddy.

I would feel bad for any players or coaches who come on here and see all the Shi* that's being spewed by some of you fan boys. I know these are forums to talk about football but the more I read this site the more I see a bunch of bitching and name calling by people who have way too many emotions invested and there is less talk about educated football every year.

Person A: My team lost....we should've beat them they cheated us
Person B: Your team sucks and never play anyone
Person A: Your team is classless
Person B:Your team go all the calls and still suck
Person A: Your fans are Thugs and don't win with class
Person B: No we're not you should see your fans they're classless too
Person A: We have good players they have D-1 offers
Person B: No they're overrated and they suck cause our team beat them
Person A: I hope yall lose and get humbled cause your ass holes
Person B: Time to move on we own yall

That is how a typical conversation on this site goes nowadays...I know I've probably been caught up in a couple of those too at some point in time. Ok...I'm done complaining LOL

Reactions: ocdavis31
So much I'd like to say, but... I'll choose not to comment and hope this is the end of it. Tired of the nonsense.

EF-MC was a classic, hope MC-Page is just as good this weekend. Prayers for safety for all players and safe travels for all going to the games.

So much I'd like to say, but... I'll choose not to comment and hope this is the end of it. Tired of the nonsense.

EF-MC was a classic, hope MC-Page is just as good this weekend. Prayers for safety for all players and safe travels for all going to the games.

Thought it was a good game. Certainly a exciting one. Don't think it was a great game. I understand why the EF people are as upset as they are. You get outgained by 250 yards and are up 8 with 5 minutes to go and the ball in your hands on your own 30. You gotta win that game.

You feel for the EF kids. Tough way to go out but believe me when I say that a loss in the regional final regardless of the circumstances is always the toughest. You get that close it hurts just that much more.

As far as all the rest of the stuff. Charlotte guys are arrogant. Its usually what happens when you win all the time. A good portion of the rest of the state are tired of losing and having to listen to some of the arrogance. Couldn't wait to jump on here and other social media outlets and start the celebration. Twitter blowing up with fans, coaches and players ready to pounce in the 4th quarter. Everyone wanted to be the first to say bad words to us :). Does that make the victory even sweeter? You bet.

That day will come. Could be Saturday and I am sure when it happens there will be rejoice in the streets. If and when you tip your hat and look forward to next year.

Last thoughts on the game-

- Watched the 2nd half tonight. EF is a real well coached and well designed offense. WIllert and his staff do a very nice job of multiple sets and getting the ball to some playmakers.

- Oline struggled in run blocking but I thought did a nice job in pass protection. Especially the interior kids. Really like 76 and 65 . Not super athletic but grinders.

- It was a very chippy game going both ways. Both teams really need to stop the post whistle stuff. You don't intimidate that way. You intimidate before the whistle blows.

- Is Springs OK for the Shrine Bowl?? He is a little smaller than listed but both him and #33 made a ton of tackles.

We like to take the Forsyth county guys for a walk from time to time but I think what Willert and his staff have done here is pretty amazing. I don't know him but have seen a couple interviews now and he seems to really get it and its clear the kids play hard for him.

My only thought is everyone needs to stop this obsession with being able to play with the Charlotte schools. Work hard, win games and if your good enough you will win. It really feels a lot like Char Meck is in everyone's head up there and it has got to be a distraction.

B&G great post and as a Forsyth Co guy (Carver) its not in our heads but its just reality. The best team out of Meck Co traditionally tends to be the one with the bullseye on their backs. And to be the man you must beat the man!! Thats reality and it isnt made up in our heads. My only concern is that when a Forsyth Co school is mentioned on these boards as a title contender they tend to get dismissed hard by the Meck Co contingent that patrols these boards. And a lot of their ribbing is good natured and based off past results so we have to suck it up until someone breaks through. But when, not if, it occurs you can bet the Forsyth folks will come down hard!! And I believe its closer to happening than a lot of Meck Co folks are willing to admit. And yea I know close doesn't count. Good luck Saturday and I personally wish MC the best and I hope they win it all. I like dynasties cause they raise the bar for all!!!

Last thoughts on the game-

My only thought is everyone needs to stop this obsession with being able to play with the Charlotte schools. Work hard, win games and if your good enough you will win. It really feels a lot like Char Meck is in everyone's head up there and it has got to be a distraction.
I think it may be in some teams heads, but not all. Like the above post Charlotte may not be inside a Carver fans head because they haven't gone up against Charlotte teams for the last 5-6 years.
I think the real shock was not EF losing to Providence, but Catholic killing Reagan that told Forsyth county that even the NASA interns bring it.

Used to think the whole Charlotte thing was just a fan base deal but just about every interview I read or heard a player or coach mentioned being able to compete with schools in Charlotte. I guess using it as a measuring stick is fine but I also think you can get so wrapped up in that stuff that you forget about playing good football.

Used to think the whole Charlotte thing was just a fan base deal but just about every interview I read or heard a player or coach mentioned being able to compete with schools in Charlotte. I guess using it as a measuring stick is fine but I also think you can get so wrapped up in that stuff that you forget about playing good football.

I don't think anybody forgot to play good football Friday night. I didn't have a dog in the fight, but I went to see a good game and I saw one. What i saw was a vastly more talented team almost get beat by a much better coached and much more disciplined team. The bogus pass interference also was a factor.

I can't believe I'm on here making excuses for East Forsyth, but what I haven't seen mentioned is the difference in the size of the schools. East Forsyth has about 750 kids less than Mallard Creek. That's practically a whole 2A school. That doesn't explain the whole talent gap, but it certainly makes a difference, especially as it pertains to depth.

Smack talk from B&G and some of the other Mallard Creek fans is alright, but what cracks me up are the guys on here who hitch their wagon to a whole region that encompasses the biggest metropolitan area in the state, and then come on here talking junk about other fan's schools. Pick a team and live and die with them, or just keep coming on here looking like an idiot.

Last edited:
I don't think anybody forgot to play good football Friday night. I didn't have a dog in the fight, but I went to see a good game and I saw one. What i saw was a vastly more talented team almost get beat by a much better coached and much more disciplined team. The bogus pass interference also was a factor.

I can't believe I'm on here making excuses for East Forsyth, but what I haven't seen mentioned is the difference in the size of the schools. East Forsyth has about 750 kids less than Mallard Creek. That's practically a whole 2A school. That doesn't explain the whole talent gap, but it certainly makes a difference, especially as it pertains to depth.

Smack talk from B&G and some of the other Mallard Creek fans is alright, but what cracks me up are the guys on here who hitch their wagon to a whole region that encompasses the biggest metropolitan area in the state, and then come on here talking junk about other fan's schools. Pick a team and live and die with them, or just keep coming on here looking like an idiot.

Fascinating that the team that was up 8 with the ball in their hands at the 35 yard line with under 5 minutes to go and loses is considered the better coached discipline team while the team that drove 87 yards in 2 minutes to tie and then win it to go to their 3rd straight title game is the lesser coached squad....SMH

I would feel bad for any players or coaches who come on here and see all the Shi* that's being spewed by some of you fan boys. I know these are forums to talk about football but the more I read this site the more I see a bunch of bitching and name calling by people who have way too many emotions invested and there is less talk about educated football every year.

Person A: My team lost....we should've beat them they cheated us
Person B: Your team sucks and never play anyone
Person A: Your team is classless
Person B:Your team go all the calls and still suck
Person A: Your fans are Thugs and don't win with class
Person B: No we're not you should see your fans they're classless too
Person A: We have good players they have D-1 offers
Person B: No they're overrated and they suck cause our team beat them
Person A: I hope yall lose and get humbled cause your ass holes
Person B: Time to move on we own yall

That is how a typical conversation on this site goes nowadays...I know I've probably been caught up in a couple of those too at some point in time. Ok...I'm done complaining LOL

And that's one of the primary reasons the great guys over on RichmondRaider.com took down their message board several years back. It was a great board, but evolved into a board for classless people to bitch, complain, put down everyone else, much like this one is turning into. Shame, people can't come here and just discuss football with dignity and respect!!

Go Raiders!!!

Fascinating that the team that was up 8 with the ball in their hands at the 35 yard line with under 5 minutes to go and loses is considered the better coached discipline team while the team that drove 87 yards in 2 minutes to tie and then win it to go to their 3rd straight title game is the lesser coached squad....SMH

Sometimes the talent gap can't be negated. You see it all the time. Mallard Creek has talent galore.

Sometimes the talent gap can't be negated. You see it all the time. Mallard Creek has talent galore.

Mallard Creek has a boat load of talent and has had it for sometime. You don't go to 5 regional finals and 3 state title games in a row without it. It takes a little more than just talent to do that and by the way the other schools have a little bit of talent as well. East Forsyth went 14-0 this year and has lost one regular season game in the past two years.

I think Willert is a hell of a coach but lets not forget that this was the same team that lost at home to a average Providence team last year that was missing 5 starters and started a kid at QB who had never taken a snap before. Sometimes you have a talent gap and it is negated and you lose. Funny how when that happens its because they were just young.

The spin that Mallard Creek has so much talent and should win every game by 40 is just silly. If they don't its poor coaching?? How did that work out for Urban Meyer this year? You don't have the kind of sustained success that Mallard Creek has had without some damn good coaching. How good? Take a look around at the coaching tree that has begun to grow. Gray at Hopewell. Brand at Vance. Cox at Colorado State. Tally at Northside Christian. interesting to me that the coaching is so bad and yet schools continue to hire away his assistants.

Just for fun...how many programs in this state would hire Palmieri tomorrow? That's what I thought.

IMG Football has commits from LSU, Mississippi,Army, Northwestern, Florida State, Purdue, V Tech, 2 Notre Dame commits, 2 Ohio State Commits, That's not counting the other 8 FBS guys who have not committed for the class of 2016, or the 9 FBS guys from the class of 2017. THEY LOST A FOOTBALL GAME.

Vance & Dudley High School are loaded with more talent than Charlotte Catholic. They both took L's.

If you watched that game and the only thing you saw was better coaching vs talent? You missed a damn good football game and your observation was Lazy. It's always the guys who have never coached a talented team, who sit in the stands or the lazy boy in the man cave. I would go undefeated with that team....lol Not saying that is you, but you see it all the time. That's not how it works!

Last edited:
We can talk size and speed and talent and D1 offers and coaching and everything else all day long. But, the deciding factor in the game was at the QB position. It's the difference in a game manager (who did a heck of a job all season getting the ball in the hands of his playmakers) vs. a stud kid who has been through the fire and seen about everything you can at the high school level who never got rattled and got it done. I liked the EF defense plan of keeping him in the pocket on the last drive and forcing him to beat him with the pass and it just about worked! He missed on several passes and other times he couldn't find anyone open and take off but the D line was waiting on him. But, but.... the guy is just a winner! Great play call (coaching?) on the TD to pull the safeties wide and send the RB up the seam matched up on a LB and perfect pass from Smith. And of course he gets the 2-pt too. He makes that team go and will be missed next year, any idea who will be taking over at QB?

Reactions: nepsy7
JV kid was very good on get better as the year wore on. Very nice arm and good runner. Probably ahead of where LJ was as a sophomore but there is something to be said for intangibles and LJ has been the beneficiary of some very good coaching in his 3 years at QB.

They will have 4 of 5 Olineman back 3 of which are SEC talents, a banger in Walker at the RB position and a 4star wideout in Jones. Mallard Creek reloads. They said they couldn't do it with out Marquise Williams. Then it was Jela Duncan, Then Marquez North, then it was Jalen Samuels and Lawrence Pittman.....then LJ shows up.

They will be fine.

We can talk size and speed and talent and D1 offers and coaching and everything else all day long. But, the deciding factor in the game was at the QB position. It's the difference in a game manager (who did a heck of a job all season getting the ball in the hands of his playmakers) vs. a stud kid who has been through the fire and seen about everything you can at the high school level who never got rattled and got it done. I liked the EF defense plan of keeping him in the pocket on the last drive and forcing him to beat him with the pass and it just about worked! He missed on several passes and other times he couldn't find anyone open and take off but the D line was waiting on him. But, but.... the guy is just a winner! Great play call (coaching?) on the TD to pull the safeties wide and send the RB up the seam matched up on a LB and perfect pass from Smith. And of course he gets the 2-pt too. He makes that team go and will be missed next year, any idea who will be taking over at QB?

+1
JV QB will most likely take over. I know Palmieri gets calls from parents as far as California who want to relocate to the program. Last year he received over a 100 calls from parents instate and out of state. If they don't get it this year? They will make another serious run next year.

Last edited:
I apologize for hitting a nerve using the term 'better coached'. I should have said that EF had a better game plan.

Obviously you don't sit on the cusp of winning a third straight 4AA championship without being a really good coach. I was just making an observation about one particular game.

I realize that talent is sometimes developed through good coaching, but there is no disputing the huge talent gap. Rivals lists MC with four 4 stars and three 3 stars in just the junior and senior classes. EF is listed with two 3 stars in those two classes. Most coaches in NC would kill for one 4 star. Those are usually kids who can singlehandedly impact a game. Having four on one roster is crazy.

The team that deserved to win won. I hate to see the outcome of a really important game affected by a bad call, and the PI call on the pick was terrible. MC overcame that and made an incredible comeback. Hats off.

Reactions: nepsy7
I apologize for hitting a nerve using the term 'better coached'. I should have said that EF had a better game plan.

Obviously you don't sit on the cusp of winning a third straight 4AA championship without being a really good coach. I was just making an observation about one particular game.

I realize that talent is sometimes developed through good coaching, but there is no disputing the huge talent gap. Rivals lists MC with four 4 stars and three 3 stars in just the junior and senior classes. EF is listed with two 3 stars in those two classes. Most coaches in NC would kill for one 4 star. Those are usually kids who can singlehandedly impact a game. Having four on one roster is crazy.

The team that deserved to win won. I hate to see the outcome of a really important game affected by a bad call, and the PI call on the pick was terrible. MC overcame that and made an incredible comeback. Hats off.

Thank you for the apology though probably not necessary. I think you will find that the Mallard Creek fanbase is particularly tired of the commentary on our coaches. Several things posted this week about there lack of coaching ability including this clown from North Davidson Ty Tuttle. Actually has the nuts to post on his twitter account that Mallard Creek isn't coached and its just talent. North Davidson??? Guy had Shy Tuttle, Kylil Miller and Kennedy Mckoy on his team last year and couldn't get out of the 2nd round . Wake me up when you become relevant.

I see fanbases bitching about their coaching staffs constantly. We understand how fortunate we are at Mallard Creek. Palmieri has been their literally before their was a football team and inside of 10 years built a program that has gone to 5 regional finals in a row and 3 state title games.

Its just a little more than rolling the ball out on the field and letting the kids play.

Reactions: PrinceOfDudley
Ouch. I could have done without the shot at North Davidson. That's my team. I wasn't aware that Ty Tuttle was saying that sort of thing. Coaches should refrain from posting on the web. It doesn't reflect well on your program.

Most North Davidson fans are realists. We are pleased with the program that Mark has built, but realize that there are some factors that would prevent it from going much farther. Now it is all going to be dismantled anyway with the new school being built.

Good luck Saturday.

Ouch. I could have done without the shot at North Davidson. That's my team. I wasn't aware that Ty Tuttle was saying that sort of thing. Coaches should refrain from posting on the web. It doesn't reflect well on your program.

Most North Davidson fans are realists. We are pleased with the program that Mark has built, but realize that there are some factors that would prevent it from going much farther. Now it is all going to be dismantled anyway with the new school being built.

Good luck Saturday.

No issue with North Davidson. Fine program. Have seen them play several times. Coaches like Ty Tuttle put a black cloud around the entire program when they make comments like that. Terrible example for the kids....the first thing they warn the kids about is being stupid on social media. Then they do it themselves.

Reactions: PrinceOfDudley
New School being built???? Detail please...
Across the street from Oak Grove MS, that opened 3 years ago I believe. New school, yet to be named will draw from North Davidson and Ledford. All 3 will be 2A.

M193_55g? Feds gonna be watching your post. They no like black guns. Hillary gonna monitor internet activity so you be on best behavior. Kidding of course.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT