ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs East Forsyth

Great game by both teams and it was an Instant Classic! You could really tell at the end of the game that EF was the younger team and MC's big game experienced showed. They just made a few more plays at the end than East did. One or two more plays by the Eagles and they would be playing Page next week.

As for some of the fans at the end of the game.... I get running on the field to cheer on your kid or your team but It's a shame that some adults act like complete fools in front of a bunch of crying kids who just had their hearts ripped out of their chest. The East and MC kids battled all night and to have a few adult fans run out on the field and taunt them after the game was disappointment. The guy standing in the middle of the Goalline waving his coat around his head talking trash to the kids and I was at the end of the home stands standing close enough to hear some of the words coming out of his mouth should've been arrested on the spot. Those kids and coaches from EF didn't deserve that at all. They just went toe to toe with the best team in the state show some class and respect. I would say the same thing if the tables were turned and it was a East Fan. If it's players and coaches that's one thing but some jackass fan who had no part in the game should be taken out in cuffs. That is why there needs to be more police at big games like that cause I agree it could have turn ugly quickly but the East Coaches did a good job of getting their kids away from it as quick as possible.
the guy waving his coat and uttering profanites didn't necessarily have to be an MC supporter but possibly a local EF hater- i've seen many people over the years sitting on the visitors side with absolute venom in them against the home team that was their personal rival.

That was my first thought as well...how does anyone know it was a MC fan? It could've been a Glenn fan for all we know.

I say this because Mallard Creek has won the biggest games against the best opponents on the biggest stages the last few years...and they do NOT have a history of acting like they've never been there before. It's quite the opposite, actually...they usually have a "just business" attitude. Their fans have it, their coaches have it, and their players have it. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it would definitely be way out of character for them.

He was a Mallard Creek fan. I don't know him personally but have seen him around a lot. What he did was unacceptable. If there were more that what they did was unacceptable as well. However they are not representative of the Mallard Creek program. There a couple of idiot fans. Ya know what?? I'm betting EF has a couple as well.

You want to come on here and say a couple of people acted like idiots. I think it still sound like a fan upset because his team loss. However... you want to make it sound like the Mallard Creek team or community is part of that?? Now your actions are the ones that are unacceptable.

Mr. Taz I will Not keep my mouth zipped. Watch your attitude yourself. I asked the question here, how did those officials get to do a regional final?

Now, regarding East going toe to toe with MC, Mallard Creek had over 500 yards to East having over 200 yards. EF later scores after an offensive interference no call the ref blew. MC interception taken away after a bogus interference call against MC in the end zone. The game shouldn't have been as close as it was.

As far as Mr TazMacheel,or whatever your name is, watch the personal attacks. Thanks.

As far as EF, you guys played a very good game and have nothing to be ashamed of. But there was jawing and shoving the whole game from EF as well.

I saw the first half and it seemed Mallard Creek was getting all the personal fouls called on them. All I heard all week was how awesome this coach
for the Creek was and how these players had been there. ACT LIKE IT. The good Butler and Independence teams showed more discipline than Mallard Creek showed last night. Pretty arrogant or stupid of the coach to kick it deep to Martin and Beal. Looks like Glenn could have helped him on that.

I saw the first half and it seemed Mallard Creek was getting all the personal fouls called on them. All I heard all week was how awesome this coach
for the Creek was and how these players had been there. ACT LIKE IT. The good Butler and Independence teams showed more discipline than Mallard Creek showed last night. Pretty arrogant or stupid of the coach to kick it deep to Martin and Beal. Looks like Glenn could have helped him on that.
Or maybe he is just confident in his teams ability to cover the kick and get the tackle...ever thought of that?

Hey Honda, noticed you had some concerns about the refs. A man well known to this forum once typed the following regarding my concerns with the bad call(s) from refs........Ok. He made the call and game's over......just thought I would share that advice with you!

You mean the 17 yds rushing Beal? If he's the chosen one to lead EF offense next year? Their in big trouble. He look just like a Wake Forest commit. They have a stable of running backs, but none of them can make it out of the backfield. So he will fit in well.

Haven't kept up with the thread except for this page!!
Tell you what though well trade you 98Champ for anyone of yalls fans!!! Please? Lol

I thought people were joking when they said he is hated by the team he cheers for....LOL! If it was a crime for hi-jacking threads. He would get the death penalty.

Boy I see East Forsyth fans really don't know how to take a loss from a better team.

What would you like to teach us? Give credit to a team that showed great toughness in making winning plays at crunch time? We did that. Gave credit to the east team for not backing down and giving the creek all they could handle for 4 quarters plus? We did that. Called out some morons that your fans admit are part of your fan base but are apparently not representative of the majority of you? We did that. No excuses. The Eagles gave it their best shot. Sure, looking back there are several things that they could have done differently that probably would have led to a win. Just like there are things the creek guys can point out that would have let you guys win much easier. Point is, what happened during those 4 quarters and OT are the only things that matter and MC stepped up and got it done. East learned some things last night that will help them in the future. What else would you like us to learn?

What would you like to teach us? Give credit to a team that showed great toughness in making winning plays at crunch time? We did that. Gave credit to the east team for not backing down and giving the creek all they could handle for 4 quarters plus? We did that. Called out some morons that your fans admit are part of your fan base but are apparently not representative of the majority of you? We did that. No excuses. The Eagles gave it their best shot. Sure, looking back there are several things that they could have done differently that probably would have led to a win. Just like there are things the creek guys can point out that would have let you guys win much easier. Point is, what happened during those 4 quarters and OT are the only things that matter and MC stepped up and got it done. East learned some things last night that will help them in the future. What else would you like us to learn?

All of that would be great if that is what you did but its not. You came on this board last night after your team lost and started taking shots at the Mallard Creek program because of a couple stupid fans. Saying the team didn't know how to win with class and how we embarrassed you. You made a judgement based on a couple knuckleheads.

It would be like me saying the East Forsyth program was a bunch of whiny babies because their fans jump on a message board and start crying about a few fans after a tough loss. I wont judge them based on your antics.

Yup...stupid fans, arrogant coaches, no discipline, stupid coaches.. 5 straight regional finals and 3 straight state final appearances. Tell me again when the last time a Forsyth county team played in a title game. 23 years ago?? Sure am glad they have all the smart disciplined players. LMAO

Hey Honda, noticed you had some concerns about the refs. A man well known to this forum once typed the following regarding my concerns with the bad call(s) from refs........Ok. He made the call and game's over......just thought I would share that advice with you!

Yes and my following of high school football is now over. Enjoy the rest of the games.

No matter what proud of East. If I'm correct most points anyone has scored on Mallard creek all season. More than Butler, Hough anyone.

No excuses on the loss, but if anyone takes anything away from the game I think East Forsyth proved they are an elite program.

Btw page over creek.

Richmond, Butler, Mallard Creek, Independence, Page, Charlotte Catholic, Dudley, New Bern, all with multiple state titles. East hasn't won a title in 23 years. There are those who make fun of Wake County for not producing a state title winner in 28 years. East isn't far behind at 23 years. Several years ago East blew a lead in the first round and lost by a point to Independence. Last year, they blew a lead and lost to Providence. Last night they are spotted a 21-7 lead and lose in OT after being out gained 500 yards to 200 yards and some change. East has a very good team. But elite? Not quite. Not yet.

Richmond, Butler, Mallard Creek, Independence, Page, Charlotte Catholic, Dudley, New Bern, all with multiple state titles. East hasn't won a title in 23 years. There are those who make fun of Wake County for not producing a state title winner in 28 years. East isn't far behind at 23 years. Several years ago East blew a lead in the first round and lost by a point to Independence. Last year, they blew a lead and lost to Providence. Last night they are spotted a 21-7 lead and lose in OT after being out gained 500 yards to 200 yards and some change. East has a very good team. But elite? Not quite. Not yet.

So let me get this straight... East fans congratulate a creek team for winning a GREAT game and coming through in the clutch, but also point out some ridiculous actions by their fans that creek guys on here have admitted that they are their fans and also admitted that the actions were ridiculous. But we are called poor losers and whiners for stating what you guys agree to? Ok. Got it.
I saw what I saw and if you guys say this isn't a true reflection of your program then I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But the portion of the fan base that was on the field after the game last night did not paint the rest of you in a good light. If the rest of you classy fans are offended by that, I apologize and encourage you to get your knuckleheads under control. (The more I think about coat bot though, the funnier it gets-one of the more ridiculous things I've seen in a long time, can't help but laugh about it now!)
Honda, you really crack me up. You go third grade on us saying "Yes and my following of high school football is now over. Enjoy the rest of the games." And follow that up by bashing forsyth county. Ok. Got it.
No east hasn't arrived yet, still pounding on the door trying to bust through. You brought up some past fails against indy and providence. But we also gave 2012 Butler all they wanted and this creek team (that had supposedly hit their stride and who you said was at least 14 points better) all they wanted too. The east team that lost to indy and lost to providence would have folded when creek came back and took the lead at 24-21, but this team didn't. Came right back and took the lead, held MC to a field goal and scored again to go up by 8. Forced a punt with 4 and change left, picked up one first down and needed one more to put the game away. It was no fluke, they were right there and everything from that point on had to go right for the creek and it did, again hats off to MC for getting it done. You mentioned the yardage difference- its deceptive as the creek got yards but was held to field goals by a tough defense that stood up in the red zone and the kickoff return for east doesn't count in yards but counts on the scoreboard just the same. East did have a lot of trouble running, creek did a great job shutting that down but there were two nice td runs by porter and Beal so they got something out of it at times. I said after the west game that the difference in this team is that they weren't one dimensional and wouldnt sink when MC took away the run, which we knew they would.
My point is, East didn't collapse like they have in the past. They didn't get blown out like west and Reagan and nwg have in recent years. So, what makes a program elite? East is dominating local competition more and more and twice in the last 4 years has given the eventual state champ (assuming that MC will finish the deal this year) all they could handle and made a legitimate claim to being the second best team in the state. Not our fault we aren't in the east (ask page about the difference). You guys bash all you want, we'll just keep pounding and get there eventually.

Yup...stupid fans, arrogant coaches, no discipline, stupid coaches.. 5 straight regional finals and 3 straight state final appearances. Tell me again when the last time a Forsyth county team played in a title game. 23 years ago?? Sure am glad they have all the smart disciplined players. LMAO
Smart, disciplined players? Lol they must get the leftovers after CC's recruiting season ends LOL

So let me get this straight... East fans congratulate a creek team for winning a GREAT game and coming through in the clutch, but also point out some ridiculous actions by their fans that creek guys on here have admitted that they are their fans and also admitted that the actions were ridiculous. But we are called poor losers and whiners for stating what you guys agree to? Ok. Got it.
I saw what I saw and if you guys say this isn't a true reflection of your program then I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But the portion of the fan base that was on the field after the game last night did not paint the rest of you in a good light. If the rest of you classy fans are offended by that, I apologize and encourage you to get your knuckleheads under control. (The more I think about coat bot though, the funnier it gets-one of the more ridiculous things I've seen in a long time, can't help but laugh about it now!)
Honda, you really crack me up. You go third grade on us saying "Yes and my following of high school football is now over. Enjoy the rest of the games." And follow that up by bashing forsyth county. Ok. Got it.
No east hasn't arrived yet, still pounding on the door trying to bust through. You brought up some past fails against indy and providence. But we also gave 2012 Butler all they wanted and this creek team (that had supposedly hit their stride and who you said was at least 14 points better) all they wanted too. The east team that lost to indy and lost to providence would have folded when creek came back and took the lead at 24-21, but this team didn't. Came right back and took the lead, held MC to a field goal and scored again to go up by 8. Forced a punt with 4 and change left, picked up one first down and needed one more to put the game away. It was no fluke, they were right there and everything from that point on had to go right for the creek and it did, again hats off to MC for getting it done. You mentioned the yardage difference- its deceptive as the creek got yards but was held to field goals by a tough defense that stood up in the red zone and the kickoff return for east doesn't count in yards but counts on the scoreboard just the same. East did have a lot of trouble running, creek did a great job shutting that down but there were two nice td runs by porter and Beal so they got something out of it at times. I said after the west game that the difference in this team is that they weren't one dimensional and wouldnt sink when MC took away the run, which we knew they would.
My point is, East didn't collapse like they have in the past. They didn't get blown out like west and Reagan and nwg have in recent years. So, what makes a program elite? East is dominating local competition more and more and twice in the last 4 years has given the eventual state champ (assuming that MC will finish the deal this year) all they could handle and made a legitimate claim to being the second best team in the state. Not our fault we aren't in the east (ask page about the difference). You guys bash all you want, we'll just keep pounding and get there eventually.
Bumblebee, I'm not bashing. Stating facts. Dominating local competition? Yes, Wake Forest is doing that too. You pick up on the negative and ignore the positive. I stated East has a very good team. They had a good team in 2012. There's a difference in having good teams and having an elite program. But, what do I know?

T M I ! It is not that serious.

What makes a program elite....?? I would say making a title game once every 15-20 years would be a start. Right now I would say your basically Lake Norman or maybe Middlecreek

There very good. Could be pre-season #1 next year. In my opinion they need to get much better on defense but the offense is very good. However, they may never get a better shot than this year and that's just reality. Maybe one of the easiest draws I have ever seen especially with Slade not being able to throw it for West. Had a very good Creek team that had played two very tough opponents on the road just to get to East Forsyth. Got the champs on your home field and just about everything went right in that first half right up until the screwed up punt that they failed to down on the one yard line before the half. That was a HUGE mistake.

There were a lot of ups and downs like most good games have but in my opinion the biggest mistake was getting that ball back with 5 minutes left and failing to stay aggressive with the passing game. They ran two plays up the middle and then nearly threw a pick on the 3rd down play and had to punt it away. I knew when LJ had the ball in his hands with 2;30 left we were gonna tie it up. Seen it to many times. You want to go to the title game you have to get at least one 1st down there. I really think that is what happens when you don't play a tough schedule and get pushed more.

What makes a program elite....?? I would say making a title game once every 15-20 years would be a start. Right now I would say your basically Lake Norman or maybe Middlecreek

There very good. Could be pre-season #1 next year. In my opinion they need to get much better on defense but the offense is very good. However, they may never get a better shot than this year and that's just reality. Maybe one of the easiest draws I have ever seen especially with Slade not being able to throw it for West. Had a very good Creek team that had played two very tough opponents on the road just to get to East Forsyth. Got the champs on your home field and just about everything went right in that first half right up until the screwed up punt that they failed to down on the one yard line before the half. That was a HUGE mistake.

There were a lot of ups and downs like most good games have but in my opinion the biggest mistake was getting that ball back with 5 minutes left and failing to stay aggressive with the passing game. They ran two plays up the middle and then nearly threw a pick on the 3rd down play and had to punt it away. I knew when LJ had the ball in his hands with 2;30 left we were gonna tie it up. Seen it to many times. You want to go to the title game you have to get at least one 1st down there. I really think that is what happens when you don't play a tough schedule and get pushed more.

Come on man, lake Norman? Didn't indy just destroy them before we blew indy out? Surely you can come up with a better comparison than that!
Did get one first down on the last drive and Martin beat his man on the 3rd down pass but safety came over and broke it up (might be having a whole different conversation right now if he comes down with it).
For real though, I know east has more steps to take and games like this only help. Only so much can be done about the schedule but tabor got Butler a couple times recently so hopefully east can do something similar going forward. Did add page back on the schedule this year (and beat them) but I would like to see MC on there next year for sure. Playing the best only makes you better!

Come on man, lake Norman? Didn't indy just destroy them before we blew indy out? Surely you can come up with a better comparison than that!
Did get one first down on the last drive and Martin beat his man on the 3rd down pass but safety came over and broke it up (might be having a whole different conversation right now if he comes down with it).
For real though, I know east has more steps to take and games like this only help. Only so much can be done about the schedule but tabor got Butler a couple times recently so hopefully east can do something similar going forward. Did add page back on the schedule this year (and beat them) but I would like to see MC on there next year for sure. Playing the best only makes you better!

My point is Lake Norman has made one regional final just like EF and lost a pretty close game. Of course EF beats then this year but they would not have last year. Butler, Mallard Creek, Catholic, N. Guilford, Crest..maybe Page, New bern probably Scotland, Shelby all go and have gone to multiple regional finals in the last 5 years

You mean the 17 yds rushing Beal? If he's the chosen one to lead EF offense next year? Their in big trouble. He look just like a Wake Forest commit. They have a stable of running backs, but none of them can make it out of the backfield. So he will fit in well.
Beal is a great player and that comment is a low blow. The kid is very fun to watch the O-line struggled against the MC D-line. It happens all the time in Football that's what makes the sport the ultimate team game. No matter how great the players if they don't have help around them their greatness can't show. Just go watch his Highlight film the kid is the real deal and will make Wake a better team when he gets on campus. I wish more kids would choose to stay in State like Beal has and put our In-state schools on the map for Football.

Don't know if playing a tougher schedule would've been the difference in that game last night. EF played their butts off and one play here or one play there MC would be sitting at home next week. It just wasn't meant to be this year for EF.

Don't know if playing a tougher schedule would've been the difference in that game last night. EF played their butts off and one play here or one play there MC would be sitting at home next week. It just wasn't meant to be this year for EF.

I think experience helped MC more than it hurt east. Smith was calm and cool, East guys were in position, just didn't make the one play to end it like they had earlier in the year against page and west. A tougher game or two 2 months ago doesn't change that. The ability to take a punch when mc came back and took the lead and come take the lead right back shows that they are mentally tough enough to compete at this level. Having said that, the more times you're in these situations the more comfortable you get and that's never a bad thing.

My point is Lake Norman has made one regional final just like EF and lost a pretty close game. Of course EF beats then this year but they would not have last year. Butler, Mallard Creek, Catholic, N. Guilford, Crest..maybe Page, New bern probably Scotland, Shelby all go and have gone to multiple regional finals in the last 5 years

Understood. Hopefully east will be on that list of multiple regional finals and more by this time next year.

If you watched the game, you would know that beal didn't primarily play RB, he played in the slot. Also it was obvious mallard creek only cared about him all 7 guys in the box followed where beal went. So they put him in the slot and used their other kids and that worked because they made the score 21-7 by using other kids. Also when the other team is blitzing 6 or 7 people every play no team can run. The low blow at beal is childish because it doesn't reflect the game plan. I was gonna let it slide but he is a great player and kid and I'm not gonna let it go. I think the offensive live did a great job, but when any team is bringing 7 guys somebody's gonna get through that's football.

East had more penalty Yards then MC jusr FYI.

I also want to comment on the fact how you guys always complain about open enrollment but you guys magically gain super star players. I re watched the game on tv and they said the MC RB is from Georgia and moved here last year
And Thad moss is new.

But I guess we won't talk about that will we?

Cant wait for next year. Best of luck to the pirates

Also forget the guy in the Endzone, the mallard creek players/fans took all the pictures of the East Seniors crying and shared them to the state. No respect, I used to respect them not anymore oh and don't just say it's the kids btw coaches retweeted them too. Oh and the coaches stormed the field too, oh and the coaches got in childish fights with kids on social media.

If your gonna win the ship do it with class.

Beal is a great player and that comment is a low blow. The kid is very fun to watch the O-line struggled against the MC D-line. It happens all the time in Football that's what makes the sport the ultimate team game. No matter how great the players if they don't have help around them their greatness can't show. Just go watch his Highlight film the kid is the real deal and will make Wake a better team when he gets on campus. I wish more kids would choose to stay in State like Beal has and put our In-state schools on the map for Football.

He is a good rb. He is not elite. Period! The best thing going for him, he has another year of high school football. I'm pretty sure he's a real nice kid with strong academics, but he is not a game changer. I keep hearing EF guys making statements about wait until next year. Beal's your work horse and you can't stop the run game. Good luck with that!

If you watched the game, you would know that beal didn't primarily play RB, he played in the slot. Also it was obvious mallard creek only cared about him all 7 guys in the box followed where beal went. So they put him in the slot and used their other kids and that worked because they made the score 21-7 by using other kids. Also when the other team is blitzing 6 or 7 people every play no team can run. The low blow at beal is childish because it doesn't reflect the game plan. I was gonna let it slide but he is a great player and kid and I'm not gonna let it go. I think the offensive live did a great job, but when any team is bringing 7 guys somebody's gonna get through that's football.

East had more penalty Yards then MC jusr FYI.

I also want to comment on the fact how you guys always complain about open enrollment but you guys magically gain super star players. I re watched the game on tv and they said the MC RB is from Georgia and moved here last year
And Thad moss is new.

Cant wait for next year. Best of luck to the pirates

It's talked about all the time. Began with Tom Knotts, and continues to this day with Catholic and Mallard Creek. It's old news actually.

Also forget the guy in the Endzone, the mallard creek players/fans took all the pictures of the East Seniors crying and shared them to the state. No respect, I used to respect them not anymore oh and don't just say it's the kids btw coaches retweeted them too. Oh and the coaches stormed the field too, oh and the coaches got in childish fights with kids on social media.

You just put up the same pictures that you're complaining about other people posting? HOW STUPID IS THAT? Never knew the pictures exist until you posted them. So how much class do you have? You just posted pictures and extended visuals to even more people. People who would have never saw them because they don't have social media accounts. What an Idiot!

Last edited:
Wait, MC had a RB transfer in from GA? Since when?
And so what about the tweet you know damn well if East had won there would be 1000 of those and you wouldn't say a damn word

Wait, MC had a RB transfer in from GA? Since when?
And so what about the tweet you know damn well if East had won there would be 1000 of those and you wouldn't say a damn word

#33's family moved here from Georgia. Palmieri took a recruiting trip down there last spring and liked what he saw. Signed him to a 2 year contract. Georgia has always been a recruiting hot spot for us. We tried to get Richt to be our OC but he liked South beach more...go figure.

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
#33's family moved here from Georgia. Palmieri took a recruiting trip down there last spring and liked what he saw. Signed him to a 2 year contract. Georgia has always been a recruiting hot spot for us. We tried to get Richt to be our OC but he liked South beach more...go figure.
Man yall are going nation wide with this! Gotta get our guys over there so we can dip into that talent pool.

Oh, c'mon dude. That lower left picture was on the cover of the Winston-Salem Journal on Saturday. Mallard Creek fans didn't take these pictures, your home town newspaper did.

It's one thing to criticize opposing fans who have done something classless and who deserve it, but now you're just totally making shit up off the top of your head. You're just bordering on slander and flaming now.

I will use this thread and BlackKnightNut's post to give a shout out to North Davidson and their fans. They played Catholic very well and came up short. But, they didn't complain. They didn't whine. They didn't post photos. They handled the loss with class. I wish North Davidson luck in the seasons to come.

Forsyth county could learn quite a bit from them. Get your physical AND mental game ready.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Oh, c'mon dude. That lower left picture was on the cover of the Winston-Salem Journal on Saturday. Mallard Creek fans didn't take these pictures, your home town newspaper did.

It's one thing to criticize opposing fans who have done something classless and who deserve it, but now you're just totally making shit up off the top of your head. You're just bordering on slander and flaming now.

These were all professional shots. None of these were taken by a player, coach or fan with there phone. The whole thing is just stupid. Need to get over it and move on.

And Thad moss is new.

The mother of Moss, his legal guardian and the person he has always lived with, lives in the Mallard Creek district. He was previously enrolled in a private school. He opted to attend his home district public school.

The family of the back up running back moved from Georgia to Charlotte. I am pretty confident he did not move from GA to play football in NC. Charlotte metro has a lot of people moving there. If you move into school district with your legal guardian you will be allowed to participate in extracurricular activities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT