ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs East Forsyth

mrhonda

Nov 12, 2012
Might as well get this one started. I'd make Mallard Creek an early 14 point favorite.

Mallard Creek just beat top 5 team in the State Hough with a running clock in the 4th quarter 44-0

East Forsyth, I think Mallard creek won't be able to stop the Eagle Run game that has yet to be stopped. Not to mention the deep pass attack

Going into this game the Eagles have allowed 1 sack all year and it was the second string offensive line man.

I think Eagles win at the line of scrimmage and the run game saves them.

East Forsyth, I think Mallard creek won't be able to stop the Eagle Run game that has yet to be stopped. Not to mention the deep pass attack

Going into this game the Eagles have allowed 1 sack all year and it was the second string offensive line man.

LMAO!

Gotcha

Dude must of never seen creek play...lol

No challenge at all for Mallard Creek. Running clock by the end of the 1st quarter.

Final Score
Mallard Creek - 120
EF -00

All joking aside...East will be a huge underdog next week. Mallard Creek is loaded at every spot and East is a very young team who like I've said many times is maybe a year away from being really special. I think MC is a 3 TD Favorite right now but that is subject to change.

Mallard creek o-line is amazing..one word to keep up with mallard...SPEED. If u don't have athletes on the defensive side..esp the d-line...lights out in the 1st quarter!

Reactions: Warhead1
I hate to be petty and pile on here but Eagles, it's been a fun ride watching the highlights all season. But as history has proven for Forsyth County and 4AA this party is about to come to a close. I really want to see an EF upset but don't see it happening.....

Mallard Creek gives up a lot of points..... I dunno. This might be a game. Can East stop MC? Dunno....but they're gonna have to. This might be a high scoring affair.

I'm not gonna pick against the team I've always supported, I gotta stick with them, I have nothing to back them that's just my personal team. Just like how someone likes the what 3-8 Cowboys in the nfl or whatever their record is.

I do think it's worth mentioning like someone said above the Mallard Creek defense came out strong but about halfway through the first drive they started to let up, they obviously are the biggest defense East has faced this year in height. Hough started to get run plays for 10 yards a carry on basic runs right up the middle. No offense to the Hough fans or Charlotte people but Christian beal RB (Wake Forest commit) is a lot better than the already talanted Hough RB. Also Hough had a lot of penaltys mainly false starts.

Defensively you have DB Madison Cone who is heavily recruited by almost every ACC school. East is best at shutting down the pass game, something many Charlotte teams have found out is you can't throw it to Madison Cone.
I think like someone said it will be a high scoring game. Best of luck to the creek. Safe travels to anyone. coming to Kvegas

Also I don't know a lot about the mallard creek offense yet so that's why I tried not to say anything positive or negative.

LOL!!!!!!! Dude you have no idea what you are talking about!!!!

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Have no idea what you are talking about. Hough had 22 yards rushing last night. Butler with Charlotte recruit had 50. AL Brown with Army recruit Sandon Mckoy got maybe 40.
Mcdonogh with 2 BCS olineman and 3 star Mcgriff got maybe 80.

East Forsyth is a very talented offensive squad. The one thing I am 100% certain of is there will be nothing East Forsyth has that MC hasn't played against in the last 18 months. Beal is great. He isn't Bryce Love, he isn't Elijah Hood.

Gee...maybe East Forsyth should just go ahead and forfeit and tell MC to mail them a ten thousand dollar check........................

Gee...maybe East Forsyth should just go ahead and forfeit and tell MC to mail them a ten thousand dollar check........................

No not really. They should just go through with the formalities and try to reduce the point spread before they accept the L(unless MC brings their C game)..

MC vs Page would be more exciting though.

It will be a great game in a fun atmosphere and the Forsyth county faithful should stop being so sensitive. Its just fan speak and really means little. I believe EF will need to play its best game to hang with MC but they certainly have a lot of fire power and talent.

Beal is a game changer on offense and if I am Willert I do everything I can to get the ball in his hands 20-25 times. He has the ability to score from anywhere.

I like the creek by a few scores but I will say if east wins this game there's a few folks who the east fans can pretty much tell to bypass the crow and eat sh*t. Y'all have been rough on those jokers.

Last edited:
I like the creek by a few scores but I will say if east wins this game there's a few folks who the east fans can pretty much tell to bypass the crow and eat sh*t. Y'all have been rough in those jokers.
LOL!!! That would be fun to see but in the end I doubt it will happen. I do think that MC is the better team and should win by a couple scores

I hope you're just talking about the EF oline vs the Creek dline with that statement. On the other side of the ball, here's MC's oline:

T #71 Eric Douglas 6'-5" 285 (offers from Clemson, NCSU, S Car)
G #74 Dejour Simpson 6'-4" 330
C #73 Grant Gibson 6'-2" 295 (offers from UTenn, NCSU, Vandy, VT, WVU)
G #52 Justin Bridges 6'-1" 255
T #75 DJ Moore 6'-6" 275 (offers from UNC, S Car)
TE #5 Thad Moss (son of Randy) 6'-4" 240 (offers from 22 BCS schools)

Good luck in winning the line of scrimmage against that group.

Mallard Creek gives up a lot of points..... I dunno. This might be a game. Can East stop MC? Dunno....but they're gonna have to. This might be a high scoring affair.
I think this will be a very high scoring game. Both offenses are very, very good, and both defenses are going to have a hard time getting stops.

I hope you're just talking about the EF oline vs the Creek dline with that statement. On the other side of the ball, here's MC's oline:

T #71 Eric Douglas 6'-5" 285 (offers from Clemson, NCSU, S Car)
G #74 Dejour Simpson 6'-4" 330
C #73 Grant Gibson 6'-2" 295 (offers from UTenn, NCSU, Vandy, VT, WVU)
G #52 Justin Bridges 6'-1" 255
T #75 DJ Moore 6'-6" 275 (offers from UNC, S Car)
TE #5 Thad Moss (son of Randy) 6'-4" 240 (offers from 22 BCS schools)

Good luck in winning the line of scrimmage against that group.

So how did MC lose 2 games?

I think if East Forsyth brings there A game they can do it, that's my personal belief you don't have to support it, you can call me crazy... Gotta support the Eagles though.

It's football... Remember Appalachin ST vs Michigan anything can happen.

I think if East Forsyth brings there A game they can do it, that's my personal belief you don't have to support it, you can call me crazy... Gotta support the Eagles though.

It's football... Remember Appalachin ST vs Michigan anything can happen.
Remember App St vs LSU the next year?

If you check the scores, it wasn't from lack of scoring. There's your key to the game, BTW, and no charge for that.

I know MC is good but some of you in this thread think they are a machine. They lost 2 games, doesn't matter how they lost so no excuses should be made. I do think they will beat EF but if they don't some of you are gonna have to eat some crow.

I know MC is good but some of you in this thread think they are a machine. They lost 2 games, doesn't matter how they lost so no excuses should be made. I do think they will beat EF but if they don't some of you are gonna have to eat some crow.
Every single one of us will gladly eat crow if Mallard Creek loses. However, I don't see it happening.

They are a machine on offense, but they are also beatable if you can outscore them. I know that for a fact because it's happened twice so far this season.

Butler had their shot to outscore MC last week and came up one score short. We'll see how East Forsyth fares this week, but at least on paper, EF is definitely equipped to give it a good run. If EF can't get it done this week, then Page and Middle Creek are also both suitable equipped to put up lots of points.

I love these kind of posts. "I think they beat EF but if they don't some of you guys will have to eat crow"

I don't get it?? Why would I have to eat crow and not you?? Is your prediction just pretend?

So how did MC lose 2 games?

Answer to that question is simple. Real good competition and a team that outplayed and outcoached them. Here is the thing though...if you know much about mallard Creek you know that they typically start the season a bit slow for many reasons . 2013 came close to losing at Dillon and Butler was tight. 2014 actually lost to Butler but by November they are lights out. Most schools like to play those cupcakes in the non conf because they care about seedings and home field advantage. Teams that worry about titles schedule tough especially on the road and challenge their kids to get better. You can play teams like Tabor or RJ Reynolds or you can go to Byrnes, play Butler and get Mcdonogh . Everybody has a different method

If Mallard Creek plays East Forsyth like they played in August or early September they will lose but I cant tell you how many different personnel changes and scheme changes they have been through since then. 2 new coordinators and 4 new coaches can slow the curve down a bit.

Here is the other thing....Teams that haven't been to very many regional or state title games typically play a bit different. Play calling is a bit tighter. A early mistake like a turnover rattles teams when they get behind by a score maybe two and all of a sudden it steamrolls.

Teams like Dudley, Mallard Creek, Catholic, Butler, New Bern actually play a bit more aggressive and better. Just experience

I love these kind of posts. "I think they beat EF but if they don't some of you guys will have to eat crow"

I don't get it?? Why would I have to eat crow and not you?? Is your prediction just pretend?[/QUOTE

Yeah, you don't get it. I don't have a dog in this fight but if you read my first post you'll understand. To summarize it most on here are dismissing EF and judging by the last few years that's understandable. I don't care who wins but MC is beatable. Lastly, my prediction is pretend? Think you showed your age on that one.

You think if EF had MC's schedule they would still be undefeated?

So... You don't have a dog in the fight, but you think Mallard Creek will win but you think they are beatable.. and if other people pick EF to win they should eat crow but not you because you really don't care.

So basically clueless. Gotcha

Answer to that question is simple. Real good competition and a team that outplayed and outcoached them. Here is the thing though...if you know much about mallard Creek you know that they typically start the season a bit slow for many reasons . 2013 came close to losing at Dillon and Butler was tight. 2014 actually lost to Butler but by November they are lights out. Most schools like to play those cupcakes in the non conf because they care about seedings and home field advantage. Teams that worry about titles schedule tough especially on the road and challenge their kids to get better. You can play teams like Tabor or RJ Reynolds or you can go to Byrnes, play Butler and get Mcdonogh . Everybody has a different method

If Mallard Creek plays East Forsyth like they played in August or early September they will lose but I cant tell you how many different personnel changes and scheme changes they have been through since then. 2 new coordinators and 4 new coaches can slow the curve down a bit.

Here is the other thing....Teams that haven't been to very many regional or state title games typically play a bit different. Play calling is a bit tighter. A early mistake like a turnover rattles teams when they get behind by a score maybe two and all of a sudden it steamrolls.

Teams like Dudley, Mallard Creek, Catholic, Butler, New Bern actually play a bit more aggressive and better. Just experience

The schedule topic has been covered before but EF did upgrade their schedule by dropping parkland and north forsyth and adding page and mount tabor, who is usually much better than they were this year. (I believe MT beat butler at some point in the last few years). Can still get better and I expect it will as the program continues to grow but not realistic for EF to go schedule an out of state power house at this point. Need the name recognition first which must be earned in time.

The team is at a different level this year than year's past though. Embraced being the target of all local teams, much like MC is, took everyone's best shot and took care of business. Underrated physicality on defense, plenty of playmakers on offense, a clear identity and focus allowing them to play confidently and fast. 2012 had a great defense but was one dimensional on offense. This team is much different. Still may not be enough but the hard lessons of falling short the past few years are starting to pay off. A lot of over zealous chatter on here from both sides but EF is well coached and will be ready to go, just like MC. Should be a great game, Meck fans might just be surprised at what they see Friday night, not what they've come to expect from forsyth county teams on this stage.

And Forsyth County fans may be surprised at what they see when Mallard Creek comes to town.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT