ADVERTISEMENT

MALLARD CREEK VS DUTCH FORK

I was standing right beside him and the Principal. I spoke with both of them.
I remember speaking with you on the visitors side of Scotlands game - you had your million dollar suit and your $38,000 shoes on.
shoes.jpg

NOW - knowing that and acknowledging the above statement you made, who are you to have such an important role in the mix of two high caliber coaches having the most important conversation in team history - A Ref, The MC AD, a NCHSAA rep, or a County Commissioner?

Jesus Take The Wheel!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I know all you guys love Tommy Knotts, but the guy on camera was not the same guy I saw during the delay.

He is a world class coach. Nobody could ever argue that. He has also always been classless when talking about other programs. It was always the case when dealing with Butler and the last two years in dealing with the " spin" on these weather issues. Last year especially. Could have easily taken the high road but went out of his way to make it sound like Palmieri didnt want to play.

I get a kick out of the narrative that gets spun. The last 3 months it's been all about the ass kicking MC was gonna take. Now....after 3 1/2 quarters of tight football with MC driving for a score you start to hear Knotts excuses about lack of talent....LOL.

They are the 3 time defending 5a SC champs. HC makes $120k a year.....but now he doesnt have enough talent to compete with MC...LMAO

Reactions: Kylar2018
Different years reap different talent. The DF Oline was very good last year but the true talent is in Olenchuk. Quick release and a great clock in his head. He looks deep and checks down to the TE drag or back. Its impossible to get much pressure.
FYI- 2020 MC =2004 Indy

16 years ago is a long time. I want to see what this team does. MC has stumped me a few times before (once winning a title) but this is a different level top to bottom. I am not sure I saw a SC state champion last night but MC, baring injuries to Noler and Simpson, is state title or bust.

Using last night's opponent as a gauge. Indy OL bigger than MC D front. Bruising and larger RB and H Back. D front seven much bigger and stronger. Bigger DBs. DF better kicking game plus better coverage.

To beat MC the opponent must have the ability to put big yardage up in the air. Period. Not going to run straight at them and win. If the OL is not elite the QB better be able to move or get rid of it quick. Even with that can the other team's defense get enough stops to keep up on the scoreboard? Unlikey.

Olenchuk is probably the most savvy, highest football IQ QB Knotts has had and that is saying something. He really gets the flow of the game and has more autonomy than any Knotts QB before him. They are huge on timing routes but I agree, as with many prior Knotts teams, they will eat you up with the drag and dump.

Nice showing Creek....wish you guys could have pulled off a W instead of a T but way to represent when playing "up".

Now just imagine if half your schedule was having to play up? Would be a little tougher than just playing 4A teams every week.

Hold up.... Dutch Fork has roughly 1700 students and the Creek has roughly 2500. So y'all actually played down? Again? Man with about 400 more male students to choose football players from, shouldn't the game have not even been close? Serious question....not trying to start anything.

Nice showing Creek....wish you guys could have pulled off a W instead of a T but way to represent when playing "up".

Now just imagine if half your schedule was having to play up? Would be a little tougher than just playing 4A teams every week.

Hold up.... Dutch Fork has roughly 1700 students and the Creek has roughly 2500. So y'all actually played down? Again? Man with about 400 more male students to choose football players from, shouldn't the game have not even been close? Serious question....not trying to start anything.

Please post correct numbers. DF: 2,100. Creek 2,600.

Hold up! MC had 32 kids try out for JV. Just helping you out, since you didn't know and all. Not trying to start anything. :)

So if that is the rationale then south meck and Olympic should be the best teams in the state because if im not mistaken they have 3k students each.

Reactions: nepsy7
LMAO!!!!!!!!!’ DAMN!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Why don't you sign out and come back as new personality. You're much overdue, and your material is dying a slow death. Shouldn't you be looking for Bridge to jump off, or a crack pipe to smoke about now? LMAO!

So not 400 but yet 500 difference of males to choose from or less or what?

To confirm with the 2018 ADMs for each school:
MC 2,594. DF 2,111.
MC ninth largest school in NC. DF eleventh largest in SC.

Its becomes stupid at some point that's why its good to make your point in general and not directly. My old man had a saying "all fools are lonely- they are just looking for attention" I'm out should be another compelling year of football. Hoping bailey finally gets it done.

Reactions: scots roll
He is a world class coach. Nobody could ever argue that. He has also always been classless when talking about other programs. It was always the case when dealing with Butler and the last two years in dealing with the " spin" on these weather issues. Last year especially. Could have easily taken the high road but went out of his way to make it sound like Palmieri didnt want to play.

I get a kick out of the narrative that gets spun. The last 3 months it's been all about the ass kicking MC was gonna take. Now....after 3 1/2 quarters of tight football with MC driving for a score you start to hear Knotts excuses about lack of talent....LOL.

They are the 3 time defending 5a SC champs. HC makes $120k a year.....but now he doesnt have enough talent to compete with MC...LMAO

Blue

Tom is unlike many because he says things without a filter. He says things other coaches think. I can tell you from a perspective when others did not want to scrimmage or deal with him in pre season Catholic loved him and they worked so well together. He also appreciated those who did not have thin skin... not saying you have thin skin but he was quite gracious to those who showed with his intensity.

Of course he always thinks he is going to win and when he loses well the time ran out before he got back ahead. Many of the same things about manners and demeanor can be said about Palmeri.

They have both backed it up.

HSFB man is ready 2's explain i's been doing research.Blue and Gold22 ands Nepsy7 . dating back 2's last year NCHSAA 4aa playoff Da Creek lost ands 1st game of Da 2019 season U's play 2's a tie ands Numbers don't lie, that means with all of that Talent yalls Record IS 0 wins--- 1 lost--- and 1 tie.wells HSFB man Do's Math great.

HSFB man is ready 2's explain i's been doing research.Blue and Gold22 ands Nepsy7 . dating back 2's last year NCHSAA 4aa playoff Da Creek lost ands 1st game of Da 2019 season U's play 2's a tie ands Numbers don't lie, that means with all of that Talent yalls Record IS 0 wins--- 1 lost--- and 1 tie.wells HSFB man Do's Math great.

So i see you're the other guy now. OK! You win. Whoever you are?

Blue

Tom is unlike many because he says things without a filter. He says things other coaches think. I can tell you from a perspective when others did not want to scrimmage or deal with him in pre season Catholic loved him and they worked so well together. He also appreciated those who did not have thin skin... not saying you have thin skin but he was quite gracious to those who showed with his intensity.

Of course he always thinks he is going to win and when he loses well the time ran out before he got back ahead. Many of the same things about manners and demeanor can be said about Palmeri.

They have both backed it up.

Thin skin has nothing to do with it as his antics mean little to me personally. Like many personalities in sports TK is a luv him if you ride with him guy and not so much if he is on the other sidelines.

Having no filter is another way of saying he just doesnt give a shit. Which is fine but doesnt mean it is right. Mike would never get in front of the cameras and call the Hough kids the " puppies" like TK used to call the Butler kids. You can win with out being shitty and in the end its HS football. Get over yourself.

He went out of his way to try and make Palmieri and the MC program look bad last year when the cameras came on. Could have taken the high road but instead wanted to feed his ego by trying to insinuate that MC didnt want to play him.

Imagine a scenario last night where Mike gets in front of the cameras and talks about lightning being all over the place for 20 minutes last night. Suddenly a tired DF team gets a time out from Knotts as MC is in the redzone and the game gets called.

That was certainly " on the mind" of lots of people last night but Palmieri has a filter.

So if that is the rationale then south meck and Olympic should be the best teams in the state because if im not mistaken they have 3k students each.

Logically...yeah, that should be correct. If you have over 1500 male students to pick 22 players for a football team from then yeah, you should be an incredible team. Lot better chance of getting 22 great athletes picking from 1500 than picking from say 400 male students.

Agree?

Logically...yeah, that should be correct. If you have over 1500 male students to pick 22 players for a football team from then yeah, you should be an incredible team. Lot better chance of getting 22 great athletes picking from 1500 than picking from say 400 male students.

Agree?

NO!

What am i missing then? Sounds like common sense.

You're assuming because of the numbers that it means better quality of players. If only 100 players tryout for Football with the Admin numbers of 1500 and 200 try out for the Admin of 400. Who has a better shot? It has more to do with what the coaching staff does with the players they have. Mike Palmieri said when he arrived @ MC, once he puts his system in place they would win. He was 1-10 his 1st year and 10-1 his 2nd year with the same players. Tommy Knotts took over a very weak DF program 3-9 and look at them now. Admin numbers is a commonly used excuse for coaches who are lazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: ggman
Thin skin has nothing to do with it as his antics mean little to me personally. Like many personalities in sports TK is a luv him if you ride with him guy and not so much if he is on the other sidelines.

Having no filter is another way of saying he just doesnt give a shit. Which is fine but doesnt mean it is right. Mike would never get in front of the cameras and call the Hough kids the " puppies" like TK used to call the Butler kids. You can win with out being shitty and in the end its HS football. Get over yourself.

He went out of his way to try and make Palmieri and the MC program look bad last year when the cameras came on. Could have taken the high road but instead wanted to feed his ego by trying to insinuate that MC didnt want to play him.

Imagine a scenario last night where Mike gets in front of the cameras and talks about lightning being all over the place for 20 minutes last night. Suddenly a tired DF team gets a time out from Knotts as MC is in the redzone and the game gets called.

That was certainly " on the mind" of lots of people last night but Palmieri has a filter.

I disagree with a portion of what you are saying. I don't ride with Knots and never had. I had a bird eye view of this for many years and just call it like I see it. Neither are going to win Mr congeniality awards. People did not like that fact that knots out competed them and out worked them. Same for your coach but he seems to have better talent than everyone else as well. Knots comments did not help him. Many would say similar things about your coach but he does have a better filter. I respect what both of them have done and give them kudos but would probably not wish for either to be my neighbor.

I disagree with a portion of what you are saying. I don't ride with Knots and never had. I had a bird eye view of this for many years and just call it like I see it. Neither are going to win Mr congeniality awards. People did not like that fact that knots out competed them and out worked them. Same for your coach but he seems to have better talent than everyone else as well. Knots comments did not help him. Many would say similar things about your coach but he does have a better filter. I respect what both of them have done and give them kudos but would probably not wish for either to be my neighbor.

I believe he develops talent better than everyone else. There is a difference. Guys aren't just showing up looking like Creek Gods. There's a lot before and after pictures out there. I don't believe the after picture are the same if they attend other programs.

Last edited:
I can assure you wann

It's hilarious how paranoid you are, you're convinced everyone who talks differently or disagrees with you in a comical way is S2V2, let me assure you and Blue & Gold that wannabecoach and a few others are NOT S2V2. Obviously S2V2 occupies room in your head and doesn't even have to pay rent!

I can assure you wann

It's hilarious how paranoid you are, you're convinced everyone who talks differently or disagrees with you in a comical way is S2V2, let me assure you and Blue & Gold that wannabecoach and a few others are NOT S2V2. Obviously S2V2 occupies room in your head and doesn't even have to pay rent!

I'm going to be ok. But thanks for your concern. You must have been holding that in for a while now. :) Who's and who's Head?...lmao! Oh! Oh! Are you a part of the gang?

No need to speak with the AD. I was standing right beside him and the Principal. I spoke with both of them. Of course the game should have been called, but to say he was adamant about playing is false. We were standing right in the middle of all of it. The 1st delay the entire staff & Tommy Knotts were walking around and sticking their chest out like they had won the Super Bowl. The Team was yelling and screaming in the Locker Room we're ready. The second delay they limped into the locker room and you could have heard a pin drop. Tommy came out and went straight to Palmieri and asked him did he want to stop the game. Coach P said no. We were wondering why he didn't have the same energy doing the 1st delay?

Since you won't answer others, I'll ask again for them. What makes you so important that you're right there standing beside the coaches and principal talking to them as they try to make the decision of whether to call the game or not? Everyone wants to know, so quit dancing around the subject and and answer the question? Otherwise we'll assume you weren't there and just wanted to further feed your enormous ego! Please advise

Since you won't answer others, I'll ask again for them. What makes you so important that you're right there standing beside the coaches and principal talking to them as they try to make the decision of whether to call the game or not? Everyone wants to know, so quit dancing around the subject and and answer the question? Otherwise we'll assume you weren't there and just wanted to further feed your enormous ego! Please advise

Oh! Oh! You didn't ask me that question. It was S2V2, the other guy. Somebody just slipped up...BUSTED! Damn! How many people are you?

Oh! Oh! You didn't ask me that question. It was S2V2, the other guy. Somebody just slipped up...BUSTED! Damn! How many people are you?

No slipping up at all, no one is busted, well maybe you're busted as you prove my point, you think everyone that gets under your skin is S2V2! They treat paranoia at Broughton in Raleigh as well as in Morganton. I suggest you pay them a visit! And AGAIN you refused to answer the question! Proving 2 points all at once.
And btw since you've met S2V2 you know he's not Lilly White, I am.

No slipping up at all, no one is busted, well maybe you're busted as you prove my point, you think everyone that gets under your skin is S2V2! They treat paranoia at Broughton in Raleigh as well as in Morganton. I suggest you pay them a visit! And AGAIN you refused to answer the question! Proving 2 points all at once.
And btw since you've met S2V2 you know he's not Lilly White, I am.

Since I'm getting under your skin. There's a very Cool tool you can use. Just click on to people you ignore button and type in Nepsy7. Mission accomplished.! You're not in a position to ask me questions. Now move along. I've given you an assignment.

On another note. Did you happen to attend the MP vs Mooresville scrimmage? :) I thought that might be the reason you disappeared...lmao!

Watched the majority of the game last night

Both teams looked good.

Creek really impressed me, size and speed everywhere, and I am a Simpson fan from here out.... Kid is an absolute baller

What are you fellas thoughts on this?

Creek tied up the game, by going power, I mean running it right down the Fox defenses throat and there wasnt a thing they could do to stop it..

They get the ball back next series, and run it I believe twice the entire drive? I don't understand the logic behind that? Not questioning Coach P at all, but I just thought it strange considering they bullied the Fork the drive before?? Also not much man coverage against the Fork all night? Sat back in zone and rushed four? When they did send some extra help they were pressuring the Fork QB a good bit

Thoroughly enjoyed watching these two great teams and the matchups of all that talent and the great coaching on both sides of the field.. Thats why High School is unmatched in my eyes..

Anyway, highly impressed with Mallard Creek, what a program, kids are huge, you can tell athletic and you can absolutely tell they spent a LOAD of time in the weight room...

Coach P is doing it right down there and it shows...

If the game continued the Creek in my opinion wins it....

Reactions: ggman and nepsy7
Since I'm getting under your skin. There's a very Cool tool you can use. Just click on to people you ignore button and type in Nepsy7. Mission accomplished.! You're not in a position to ask me questions. Now move along. I've given you an assignment.

On another note. Did you happen to attend the MP vs Mooresville scrimmage? :) I thought that might be the reason you disappeared...lmao!

You're not getting under my skin at all, unlike you I have Thick Skin and could care less what you throw at me.
Why do you refuse to answer the question? One would think that a Narcissist like yourself would be happy to answer and prove just how important he is. That is unless you're not important and made up the placement of yourself into what you deem to be an important situation and decision.
Remember you said you were going to ignore S2V2? Obviously you can't ignore him since he lives in your head.
So answer the question.
I'm here to stay, not moving along or taking orders from you, even though you think you're important and opposing viewpoints are not acceptable to you.

You're not getting under my skin at all, unlike you I have Thick Skin and could care less what you throw at me.
Why do you refuse to answer the question? One would think that a Narcissist like yourself would be happy to answer and prove just how important he is. That is unless you're not important and made up the placement of yourself into what you deem to be an important situation and decision.
Remember you said you were going to ignore S2V2? Obviously you can't ignore him since he lives in your head.
So answer the question.
I'm here to stay, not moving along or taking orders from you, even though you think you're important and opposing viewpoints are not acceptable to you.

It's killing you! :)

Watched the majority of the game last night

Both teams looked good.

Creek really impressed me, size and speed everywhere, and I am a Simpson fan from here out.... Kid is an absolute baller

What are you fellas thoughts on this?

Creek tied up the game, by going power, I mean running it right down the Fox defenses throat and there wasnt a thing they could do to stop it..

They get the ball back next series, and run it I believe twice the entire drive? I don't understand the logic behind that? Not questioning Coach P at all, but I just thought it strange considering they bullied the Fork the drive before?? Also not much man coverage against the Fork all night? Sat back in zone and rushed four? When they did send some extra help they were pressuring the Fork QB a good bit

Thoroughly enjoyed watching these two great teams and the matchups of all that talent and the great coaching on both sides of the field.. Thats why High School is unmatched in my eyes..

Anyway, highly impressed with Mallard Creek, what a program, kids are huge, you can tell athletic and you can absolutely tell they spent a LOAD of time in the weight room...

Coach P is doing it right down there and it shows...

If the game continued the Creek in my opinion wins it....

I will give you my opinion on the play calling down the stretch. I think Hellams is thinking long term and has supreme confidence in Noller and you cant wait till the Vance game to know if the kid can make the pressure throw. You find out now.

As big and strong as they are Palmieri has figured out against the top 2 or 3 4aa teams you cant just pound it, you have to be able to make a throw or two.

The talent comments by alot of people truly make me laugh. I am curious.....Dutch Fork was terrible before Knotts showed up. Did the talented kids just move to Irmo? How about Vance?? Where did those kids come from. I used to live in the University area. I dont recall the large scale athletic talent moving in.

The culture of the MC program has been in place for 10 years led by Mike. They have had a very stable coaching group . People look at the size and its impressive but take a look at the film of the Oline blocking 20-30 yards down field. They have been coached at a high level and it's why it's always stop #1 in this state for college recruiters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT