ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek needs FB games

Doubt Scotland will schedule a game against MC. We're talking about Scotland co not Richmond co. I could see Richmond co scheduling MC but not SC
Scotland not playing MC or anyone capable of beating the breaks off them. Thats not the "Scotland way"" haha. Dillon probably would embarrass sc.

Hopefully MC get a game with Grayson though. Still think they could play with them

Cartersville, Ga would be an excellent match up. They have won the last 2 State Championships in a row @ the 4AA level. Returning the #1 QB in the Nation Trevor Lawrence.

Not sure how much more you want them to travel. They played 3 of the first 4 games against out of state competition. 2 of 3 are playing for titles in SC this weekend.

Not sure how much more you want them to travel. They played 3 of the first 4 games against out of state competition. 2 of 3 are playing for titles in SC this weekend.
I meant would be cool if teams like page, dudley, Mallard creek, butler, east forsyth etc went out and played far out. Great experience to go travel far with your family and play the game. Something some kids won't get to do in there career.

The traveling stuff is overrated and in most cases its more of a burden for the famlies as they are left paying travel expenses for themselves. Its really more of a fanbase thing than anything else. If your in Forsyth County there is a bunch of great football inside of 2 to 2 and a half hours. They wont even travel to Charlotte in most cases so i doubt their traveling any further than 20 or 30 miles.

What happen B&G??? I know Monday there was still a good chance of the game happening.

Scots Roll-

I think you have two problems that exist.

- The first and the biggest is the home game issue. Your right, Scotland already coming to Charlotte to play West meck. Mallard Creek only had 4 homes games the entire year last year. 3 non conf on the road. They have to have a home game. Now....that's something that can be worked out financially but I don't see Scotland as the kind of program that will pay MC to travel there. I could be wrong. If you did that I think it would have to be played on Saturday because you would need the gate to be huge and I don't think you get enough on a Friday when everyone else is playing their first game. You would need some carry over from other fan bases to get a Rich/Scotland type of attendance.

- 2nd...The way the new playoff system works you really have to be conf champ to get a #1 seed. If you don't win outright everyone is an at large and you can end up like MC playing on the road to a team you beat and had a better record than in Hough. That has left sort of bad taste. I am nearly certain MC is gonna get a SC big boy and they also have Butler. There really is no need to add a Scotland and have to run the gauntlet in the non-conf before you even get to the conf schedule. SC team, Butler, Hough, Vance, Lake Norman and maybe Mooresville would most likely be 5 or 6 top 25 teams in the state preseason next year. Without Scotland its already a top 5 schedule in the state. Combine that with 3 offensive starters returning I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense next year. None of this would have been a huge deal the last 2 years but next year it probably is.

Still a lot of time left and you never know as these things are pretty fluid really into the spring but I think its a long shot.

Scots Roll-

I think you have two problems that exist.

- The first and the biggest is the home game issue. Your right, Scotland already coming to Charlotte to play West meck. Mallard Creek only had 4 homes games the entire year last year. 3 non conf on the road. They have to have a home game. Now....that's something that can be worked out financially but I don't see Scotland as the kind of program that will pay MC to travel there. I could be wrong. If you did that I think it would have to be played on Saturday because you would need the gate to be huge and I don't think you get enough on a Friday when everyone else is playing their first game. You would need some carry over from other fan bases to get a Rich/Scotland type of attendance.

- 2nd...The way the new playoff system works you really have to be conf champ to get a #1 seed. If you don't win outright everyone is an at large and you can end up like MC playing on the road to a team you beat and had a better record than in Hough. That has left sort of bad taste. I am nearly certain MC is gonna get a SC big boy and they also have Butler. There really is no need to add a Scotland and have to run the gauntlet in the non-conf before you even get to the conf schedule. SC team, Butler, Hough, Vance, Lake Norman and maybe Mooresville would most likely be 5 or 6 top 25 teams in the state preseason next year. Without Scotland its already a top 5 schedule in the state. Combine that with 3 offensive starters returning I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense next year. None of this would have been a huge deal the last 2 years but next year it probably is.

Still a lot of time left and you never know as these things are pretty fluid really into the spring but I think its a long shot.
I know Coach Bailey said Monday that he was still talking with you guys and some things have to be worked out, but he also said that if things don't work out with you guys. That he was talking with Shelby about week 4. He wants a 11 game schedule.

I know Coach Bailey said Monday that he was still talking with you guys and some things have to be worked out, but he also said that if things don't work out with you guys. That he was talking with Shelby about week 4. He wants a 11 game schedule.

Forget Mallard Creek, I want that Shelby game. Y'all know my reasons.

The traveling stuff is overrated and in most cases its more of a burden for the famlies as they are left paying travel expenses for themselves. Its really more of a fanbase thing than anything else. If your in Forsyth County there is a bunch of great football inside of 2 to 2 and a half hours. They wont even travel to Charlotte in most cases so i doubt their traveling any further than 20 or 30 miles.

It's not the teams, it's Forsyth County Schools strict, and I do mean STRICT, regulations on FCS non-conference scheduling. Their non-conference schedules stay local for that reason. I've talked to a coach at East Forsyth, and he told me that they want to play Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools non-conference because they need to face those caliber-type teams before the playoffs because no matter how good your team is, if you're not challenged in non-conference, it usually gets you in the playoffs.

How well does Mallard Creek travel? I wasn't impressed with the numbers that they brought to Dillon this year.

How well does Mallard Creek travel? I wasn't impressed with the numbers that they brought to Dillon this year.

Better than anyone in Meck county not named Catholic but not nearly as well as a Scotland or a Shelby. I do think for both Shelby and Mallard Creek a Saturday game increases the numbers. Getting out of Charlotte on a Friday with traffic for the drive to Laurinburg not an option for a lot of people. Mallard Creek alone would not fill the Pate visitor side however I think you would have more additional traffic from the area and South Carolina for MC than any other squad.

That is always a problem for Scotland. We are always going to bring 2,500+ and get repaid with 200-300 here.

It's not the teams, it's Forsyth County Schools strict, and I do mean STRICT, regulations on FCS non-conference scheduling. Their non-conference schedules stay local for that reason. I've talked to a coach at East Forsyth, and he told me that they want to play Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools non-conference because they need to face those caliber-type teams before the playoffs because no matter how good your team is, if you're not challenged in non-conference, it usually gets you in the playoffs.
I heard they are opening there season next year against a team out east I just can't remember who like maybe Middle creek, Richmond, Wake Forest if anyone on the other side remember if they open vs East Forsyth please post.

East Really doesn't have that bad of a schedule either for being forced to play Forsyth teams
-mount Tabor (2ndd round )
-West Forsyth (3rd round)
Page (state championship)

Over all I would love to see page and East and maybe even west play some Charlotte schools but at the same they will have to be careful to ease into Charlotte over the years. Maybe add 1 Charlotte game each season till you get up to three or four games down there

That is always a problem for Scotland. We are always going to bring 2,500+ and get repaid with 200-300 here.

Well it would be more than that and the extra eyes would also certainly help. its been the biggest gate in Dillon the two times they have played there. I have no reason to believe Scotland would be any different.

Out of curiosity what do you draw for South View or Jack britt? You don't think a Creek game would exceed that?

Well it would be more than that and the extra eyes would also certainly help. its been the biggest gate in Dillon the two times they have played there. I have no reason to believe Scotland would be any different.

Out of curiosity what do you draw for South View or Jack britt? You don't think a Creek game would exceed that?
YES!!!! If Mallard Creek would come to Pate, it would be SRO(Standing Room Only). When Britt was good, they would bring a decent crowd. South View is a different story.

In general would be nice if Mallard creek and others could travel more to get NC more attention
They can if they really want to do it and not worry about their won and lost record if they did travel and got beat badly. The coaches could get the money especially a successful coach. Yes Cartersville,GA. would be a good match up for them even Tucker will pay them to come to GA. another good program in the DeKalb County/metro Atlanta area a team that will also travel. Tell the AD at Mallard Creek to give them a holler if he's really want to play a good team out of state.

Atlanta trip would require a minimum of $15k most likely for MC to travel. Not only do they have the cost but also the loss of a home date. Gates and concessions carry a program. Does the Atlanta school want to pay that out when they can get a quality opponent from a two or three hour drive distance?

I spoke to an Allen (Texas) administrator when I was there for the Dutch Fork game. He told me that a large pay out to a an out of state team is a big deal for them because they can get a better crowd with a school that is closer to them and a very small payout. It does not really get any bigger than Allen.

Mallard Creek needs 2 varsity football opponents. They need Week 1 then either Week 3 or 5. Please contact AD Philip Davanzo III at (980) 343-1341 or philipa.davanzo@cms.k12.nc.us
Coach Davanzo contact Cartersville High School,Ga. coach Joey King # 770387-4790 and head coach Bryan Lamar at mblamar@yahoo.com # 678-332-6808 at Tucker High School,Ga. if you want a top team from Ga. to play if you can't schedule Grayson,North Gwinett,or Colquitt County High School. Thanks.

Traveling out of state isn't overrated because if they play a very good team from another state like GA. and if the star athletes on the team have a good game against any good team in GA. their stock is going to go up two fold because of the way they perform against some of the highly recruited kids in the country especially around the metro Atlanta area. If the family can find money to go on vacation they will find money or away to go see their kids play in a big out of state game in the Atlanta area and can get if necessary a good rated hotel at a decent overnight stay if they wanted too. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT